Channel 4 to broadcast live Super League

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jiffy hasn't been as downbeat in recent seasons as in the past, where he described pretty much everything as either "poor" or "simple".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

In this week’s League Express, Garry Schofield has humbly suggested the following panel to spice up TV coverage - Rod Studd as anchor, Mark Wilson commentating and Kyle Amor as touchline reporter. Oh and to summarise…Garry Schofield.

As this whole thread suggests there is a wide variety of opinion, personally I just think we need something fresh. What Channel 4 do, they normally do well IMHO, so will be interesting to see which direction they head….as long as it’s not Garry Schofield 😂

I find Mark Wilson very good at describing action on the pitch and projecting an air of excitement about the game. However, this is on radio (Talksport) which is different to TV and he also seems fairly busy and in demand for other sports on the channel (football, darts, boxing?). Would he be available for 10 games during the season? 

Kyle Amor was also excellent on the few occasions I've heard him, but similar questions on availability and transfer to TV.

As a native English speaker, and an adult learner of Welsh, I find Jonathan Davies (in Welsh) and JJB (in English) approximately equally comprehensible, in that I can pick out the odd word, but not always the whole sentence 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2021 at 17:51, EastLondonMike said:

One of the production companies who might to be tendering is the one run by former SKY producer Neville Smith (In Touch productions). Who also did the production for the OurLeague games and Women's SL.

So maybe expect Eddie and Stevo to come out retirement.

The last thing Rugby League needs is Neville Smith involved; as director, in terms of actual game coverage, he’s not had an original idea in over twenty years. This would be an absolute disaster. 

11 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Sorry to ask, it’s probably been covered somewhere in this thread. Is the CC still being shown on BBC?

Yes, started last weekend on the beeb. Great game and an fantastic fight back from the Army. Think Midland Hurracaines are on the bbc in the next round. 

15 minutes ago, M j M said:

So the first game is bearing down on us quickly - has there been any news or hints of commentators or other members of the line up?

Was going to ask this same question. It’s a shame that we’ve not seen a bit more plugging from C4, but then they’ve not had much time to prepare. Hopefully they’ll come into it with a totally fresh approach.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Was going to ask this same question. It’s a shame that we’ve not seen a bit more plugging from C4, but then they’ve not had much time to prepare. Hopefully they’ll come into it with a totally fresh approach.

I agree, I want them to reach out to a new and younger audience than more of the same old presentation that has failed to reach out to that very same demographic!

On 20/01/2022 at 17:48, Chris22 said:

There has been a TV advert, which is decent. Like how they've played on past matches and Blake Austin's transfer.

Loved it. 

Archived