Channel 4 to broadcast live Super League

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's nice to see a different twist to the normal sky offerings and the BBC cartoon giants.

I shouldn't be surprised because they obviously know what they are doing but I like how naturally Channel 4 rugby league suddenly looks.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Seriously good ad, nice mix of good looking blokes showing skill and some threatening characters letting the audience know that League is also a tough game - all set to driving music and cheering. The opening four scenes characters sum it up beautifully - opening with a good looking kid showing ball skills, a bumping run, the innocent child cheering and then topped of with the menacing gold toothed smile of the big guy  looking at camera.. Great ad.

29 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I shouldn't be surprised because they obviously know what they are doing but I like how naturally Channel 4 rugby league suddenly looks.

Totally. I feel like a different broadcaster, and especially one with the track record of channel 4, can really give a more fresh and vibrant feel. This subsequently should force Sky and the BBC to up their game too.

Shall we start a sweepstake on when we see the first moan on here about C4's coverage?

Because that will happen.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Rugby League fans moaning? Are you sure?

Just a wild, crazy guess. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cough, cough, let me just clear my throat and get in the zone, cough, cough..... 

C4, bloody amateurs, makes us look like a joke sport, gotta go all the way down to number 4 on the guide, no one goes that far down, might as well be on freesports, can't even get our games on prime time BBC 1. 

...lets see, what else? Oh yeah!.. 

Should show every game on tv and have a video ref at every game, bloody pointless, C4 only showing an handful of games, probably just giving them away for pennies. Should show every game live on tv, video ref at every game and all that. People that run our game are useless, don't have a clue about business, probably yawnion agents planted to destroy our game. 

Erm... Something about casual fans and games on TV damaging attendances... something about scrums being a joke... something about parochialism... something about flat caps and a motorway... Leigh not having a train station... Sam Tomkins' mum... Jake Connor's dog... Aussie space lizards... The coming apocalypse.... 

Wow! Take a breath, that was tiring. No I am not Parky in disguise..! Took one for the team there Futtocks my friend! 😉

Now that's out of the way... So excited for these games, so great for our game! 👍

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Shall we start a sweepstake on when we see the first moan on here about C4's coverage?

Because that will happen.

Having an advert that wasn’t ‘Cheesy-Peas’ level on the cringe-worthiness scale was a good start. 

I’m going to try my very best to not moan, but I’ll have to wait until the commentary team is announced. I’m secretly hopeful 🤞

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

On 20/01/2022 at 17:48, Chris22 said:

There has been a TV advert, which is decent. Like how they've played on past matches and Blake Austin's transfer.

16 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

16 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Super League on Channel 4 with advertisements for it in the middle of their Union coverage, a World Cup in England on the BBC, Toulouse in Super League, what a year 2022 is going to be. 

Just seen the "At last" advert on C4, during Sunday Brunch. Getting excited now.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ha ha I've just put the Sunday Brunch on now.

Never even heard of it before, and all to see the adverts, lol.

What is this world coming to? 

Archived