Rob Hicks

Funny you say that because I listened to him a few weeks ago on the same podcast and he was just a yes man, basically insinuating that everything in the game was rosy and didn’t answer a single question properly - exactly like Ralph Rimmer. I deliberately didn’t download this week’s episode because I didn’t want more of the same, will have a listen now. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Funny you say that because I listened to him a few weeks ago on the same podcast and he was just a yes man, basically insinuating that everything in the game was rosy and didn’t answer a single question properly - exactly like Ralph Rimmer. I deliberately didn’t download this week’s episode because I didn’t want more of the same, will have a listen now. 

The other guests are worth listening to anyway

I’ve had cause to work with Rob Hicks in the past and have since often chatted with him when our paths have crossed. I have always found him to be honest, friendly & to have great professional integrity. 

He was a Referee so I get why some will never take to him but I’ve had the chance to really get to know him and he’s a good bloke!

On 25/11/2021 at 23:27, Man of Kent said:

He’s a good bloke. Rugby league to his bones.

Near the end he says some very intriguing stuff about how he is privy to work going on behind the scenes and how different the game will look next year. Sounded really promising. 

Then with a bit of luck refs have been told the product is the prize and they must ensure it’s as shiny as possible

8 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Then with a bit of luck refs have been told the product is the prize and they must ensure it’s as shiny as possible

You should at coaches, they are the game killers not refs.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 24/11/2021 at 15:25, RigbyLuger said:

Just been listening to him on the Forty20 podcast, and he seems to be a very credible speaker the RFL need. Doesn't pretend everything is great, tries to suggest solutions, could be a great asset for wherever the new Red Hall is.

Isn't he a solicitor 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 24/11/2021 at 17:52, Eddie said:

I'll agree with you, I was at s BARLA/RFL meeting and he came over the same to me as he went on about legal contracts teams, clubs, league's had signed up to with the RFL, seemed at a loss when it was mentioned that these teams, clubs, league's could just fold and reinvent themselves under a different name and then the legal contracts would be worthless 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived