Leeds rhinos - 9 week absence

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Firstly its 6 Weeks, and secondly, its our ground.

So what you’re saying is that it’s nine weeks and the ground owners are forcing you out?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Would expect so, plus pitch renovations. This article details it a little further.

Here is one for the conspiracy theorists, though not explicitly Leeds Rhinos related.

Leeds play Wigan at home on Thursday 21st of July, giving an ample 3 days preparation time before a major fixture is planned to take place on t'other side of the ground. Or at least it was planned, as we have been told England won't be playing at Headingley... Make of that what you will

I do slightly object to the pitch renovations meaning the stadium isn't available for a month given we don't even have the lodgers messing it up through the winter any more.

But the club is really, really obsessed about how beautiful Ryan Golding's plot of grass is so it's probably not a surprise.

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its our ground that we're reseeding in summer because we can?

Why not re seed when its more suitabke ans why do no other ckubs do this 

If it sounds crazy

Ir most likely is crazy 

10 minutes ago, The storm said:

If it sounds crazy

Ir most likely is crazy 

Because you do it in summer when the weather is better when most clubs try to do it. They didn't this year because of Covid.

Its all explained in black and white in the article if you're really upset by this.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Would expect so, plus pitch renovations. This article details it a little further.

Leeds are an impressive club, but I think they've borrowed the RFL's work experience kid for that update. Ive read it a couple of times and I don't know what it is saying. 

The last paragraph refers to a six week period as though that has been mentioned elsewhere in the article, and I still have no idea whether any games are being moved or whatever. If not, why is this news? 

It really does read like the RFL guff we see a lot of at the moment. 

37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Leeds are an impressive club, but I think they've borrowed the RFL's work experience kid for that update. Ive read it a couple of times and I don't know what it is saying. 

The last paragraph refers to a six week period as though that has been mentioned elsewhere in the article, and I still have no idea whether any games are being moved or whatever. If not, why is this news? 

It really does read like the RFL guff we see a lot of at the moment. 

Makes sense to me?

“2022 is going to be a huge year and we are really excited to be opening up Headingley Stadium to the world once again. Obviously we are a multi sport venue which presents its own challenges and always rules out the use of the stadium on certain weekends of the year. We are planning to host a large stadium event on either the weekends of Round 14 or 15 and the pitch renovation will begin immediately following this.

“The six round period which excludes a home game between June and mid-July includes the Magic Weekend. We had made Headingley available for Round 19 but the complexities of the fixture calculations means we are away at Toulouse so we will return to Headingley for one of our biggest games of any season; the visit of Wigan in Round 20 on 21st July.”

which is clearly explaining the block of away games in the release of the fixture list referenced at the top of the article

it’s not really news, more of an explanation 

1 hour ago, The storm said:

If it sounds crazy

Ir most likely is crazy 

Leigh have a major pitch renovation every June and they can't play at home for a number of weeks. This has as gone on for a long time now, but I don't know now he how much of it is now influenced by the LSV being the home of Man U ladies!

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh have a major pitch renovation every June and they can't play at home for a number of weeks. This has as gone on for a long time now, but I don't know now he how much of it is now influenced by the LSV being the home of Man U ladies!

I seem to recall them doing the Leigh East pitch every year as well despite it always looking in great nick.

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Anyone have a clue? 

In my experience.  No.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

In my experience.  No.

Fair comment. But I was actually referring to whatever it was that might be causing Leeds to miss so many home games. I’m still none the wiser 😆

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Clearly, as one can see, one of the advantages of owning one's own stadium gives you control over who uses it and when, putting an end to the situation where a club has to submit to the will of others. 

..er...

Leeds are submitting to the will of themselves.

Which sounds sort of kinky but is infinitely preferable to being forced to play in widnes or not being able to play because your landlord have scheduled a wedding.

Archived