Leeds rhinos - 9 week absence

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Makes sense to me?

“2022 is going to be a huge year and we are really excited to be opening up Headingley Stadium to the world once again. Obviously we are a multi sport venue which presents its own challenges and always rules out the use of the stadium on certain weekends of the year. We are planning to host a large stadium event on either the weekends of Round 14 or 15 and the pitch renovation will begin immediately following this.

“The six round period which excludes a home game between June and mid-July includes the Magic Weekend. We had made Headingley available for Round 19 but the complexities of the fixture calculations means we are away at Toulouse so we will return to Headingley for one of our biggest games of any season; the visit of Wigan in Round 20 on 21st July.”

which is clearly explaining the block of away games in the release of the fixture list referenced at the top of the article

it’s not really news, more of an explanation 

There is literally no mention of a 6 week block in this article prior to this paragraph. Could you quote it for me, because it is genuinely missing from the article I am reading?

The thread didnt make sense, so I read the article, and that didn't make sense.

"The six round period which excludes a home game..." is really not clear what it is saying. 

On the actual subject, surely there is little issue here. The decision is theirs, as long as it can be accommodated, I don't see the problem. 

Even Man Utd are making their stadium unavailable on certain weekends each year, and in 2022 they are staging the Grand Final and two World Cup Finals RL games. 

Nowt to see here. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

There is literally no mention of a 6 week block in this article prior to this paragraph. Could you quote it for me, because it is genuinely missing from the article I am reading?

The thread didnt make sense, so I read the article, and that didn't make sense.

"The six round period which excludes a home game..." is really not clear what it is saying. 

I don't know why it needs spelling out more clearly? The first paragraph says there are scheduling dilemmas, then that there is a large event on round 14 or 15, and then that pitch renovations will be taking place from then. The second para then says this period covers a 6 rounds. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't know why it needs spelling out more clearly? The first paragraph says there are scheduling dilemmas, then that there is a large event on round 14 or 15, and then that pitch renovations will be taking place from then. The second para then says this period covers a 6 rounds. 

The first paragraph of the article doesn't mention scheduling dilemmas. 

Para 1:

Leeds Rhinos fans are getting excited about the new Betfred Super League campaign after the new fixture list was revealed this morning but the mens first team is just part of an exciting year ahead at Headingley Rugby Stadium. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Para 1:

Leeds Rhinos fans are getting excited about the new Betfred Super League campaign after the new fixture list was revealed this morning but the mens first team is just part of an exciting year ahead at Headingley Rugby Stadium. 

I think it's an article pushed out when the club got quite a bit of questioning about that six week gap. So, not for the first time from Leeds' media team, it's pretty poorly written and assumes some pre-existing background knowledge.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Para 1:

Sorry, was referring to the paragraphs you quoted.

Just now, M j M said:

I think it's an article pushed out when the club got quite a bit of questioning about that six week gap. So, not for the first time from Leeds' media team, it's pretty poorly written and assumes some pre-existing background knowledge.

Yes, and I'm genuinely not being obtuse, a small part of my role involves signing off press releases and online content and this would have been sent back instantly - as would pretty much everything the RFL team does! 

But I struggled to understand the point of the opening post in this thread and followed it up by reading the link and it all made little sense. 

I don't know why there are references to Magic Weekend and Toulouse away etc - it's waffle. 

54 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't know why there are references to Magic Weekend and Toulouse away etc - it's waffle. 

I think they are further points why the club can't play at home on the weekends those games are on.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

I think they are further points why the club can't play at home on the weekends those games are on.

Because they have away games? 😆 needless waffle to make it seem more complex than it is.

It seems a pretty simple message, they want to relay the pitch and fitting it in as part of a crazy busy schedule means there will be a few weeks without home games. There is an argument that they maybe need to schedule things a bit better, but I dont see the big issue - I assume they are still playing the games at Headingley? 

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Because they have away games? 😆 needless waffle to make it seem more complex than it is.

It seems a pretty simple message, they want to relay the pitch and fitting it in as part of a crazy busy schedule means there will be a few weeks without home games. There is an argument that they maybe need to schedule things a bit better, but I dont see the big issue - I assume they are still playing the games at Headingley? 

I think what causes further confusion is:

the part about the ground being available immediately before and after what ever event and subsequent work is being done but they, as in Leeds, have been scheduled to play away on those dates.  I think they were hoping that the fixture list would have been kinder in having home games and hence the gap would not be so long.

Whatever the reasons its for me a right pain in the ........as I like a regular routine of attending.  

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

On the actual subject, surely there is little issue here. The decision is theirs, as long as it can be accommodated, I don't see the problem. 

Even Man Utd are making their stadium unavailable on certain weekends each year, and in 2022 they are staging the Grand Final and two World Cup Finals RL games. 

Nowt to see here. 

Nowt to see here, maybe,  but where's the fun in that?😀

Archived