Lewis Tierney Retires

Nate90

Amazed that Catalans supporters on this forum haven't commented.  

Tierney was one of the scorers when Cats beat Leigh in the MPG at the LSV, to stay in Super League.  The following year, he scored in the semi and final of the Challenge Cup.  Those MPG and the Final wins would probably go down as the most pivotal in their history.

Despite the criticism he got throughout 2017 and 2018 he gave his all.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Amazed that Catalans supporters on this forum haven't commented.  

Tierney was one of the scorers when Cats beat Leigh in the MPG at the LSV, to stay in Super League.  The following year, he scored in the semi and final of the Challenge Cup.  Those MPG and the Final wins would probably go down as the most pivotal in their history.

Despite the criticism he got throughout 2017 and 2018 he gave his all.

Agreed. His try in the MPG was a defining moment for the club and showed his skill. 

I wish Lewis all of the best in his retirement from professional Rugby League and good luck in all his future endeavors.

And it got me to thinking that I have hit another milestone in my watching Rugby League...

The first time you see a professional player on TV who is younger than you.

The first time a professional player who is younger than you retires.

The first time you see a professional player on TV whose former Rugby League playing dad is younger than you.

Now.  The first time a professional player retires whose former Rugby League playing dad is younger than you!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

29 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I wish Lewis all of the best in his retirement from professional Rugby League and good luck in all his future endeavors.

And it got me to thinking that I have hit another milestone in my watching Rugby League...

The first time you see a professional player on TV whose former Rugby League playing dad is younger than you.

Now.  The first time a professional player retires whose former Rugby League playing dad is younger than you!

You old #######

43 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The first time you watched The Professionals 

Lewis really caught my eye when Catalans were a long way down the road to becoming a sick joke. Some of the big names didn't look like they were bothered, and the team was underwhelming on a weekly basis.

But in that ongoing mess, Tierney was absolutely trying 100% all the way through every game, even when it wasn't working for him. He won't be remembered as much as he deserves.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry, too busy to comment until now.  

Yes, as a Dracs' fan I will remember him with gratitude, not least of all for being Johnny-on-the-spot to finish excellent short side work by Mead and Jullien and put Les Dracs ahead inside two minutes of the 2018 challenge cup final. 

Archived