HOW popular is your club?

tms

58 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So only 3 out of the first 11 rounds will not feature Leeds Rhinos and this is nothing new for whatever reason the planners consider Leeds are the darlings of the RL viewing public HOWEVER THEY ARE FARING good, bad, entertaining or just plain rubbish, without hesitation SKY are now one subscriber missing next RL season.

For what is the best supported and most watched club in the League its hardly surprising they are prioritised by the TV broadcasters (just as Man U and Liverpool are).

10 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

The broadcasters usually 'front load' their early season schedule with teams they consider least likely to be involved in the big games at the end of the season or the relegation battle so they can focus on broadcasting those teams games later in the year.

Yes, very true. A provisional schedule. Should Leeds lose their first six matches, next best would step in.

11 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

For what is the best supported and most watched club in the League its hardly surprising they are prioritised by the TV broadcasters (just as Man U and Liverpool are).

Bad comparison Tommy, now let's be honest Rhinos at this present time probably get circa 10 - 12K home fans and probably not very many followers/sympathisers outside of Leeds (even allowing for a certain Wakefield boy), whilst Man U have a waiting list for season tickets on top of their already 70K attendance figures AND Man U supporters club's all over the country. Whatever it is the schedulers think that this over subscribing to one club appeals to the majority of the SKY viewers are definitely wrong, don't forget these are the very same decision makers who don't listen to their viewing public if they did please explain how Baz, Tez, Phil Clarke after years of fans grumbling for a multitude of reasons have retained their employment?

Sorry Tommy, the numbers don't stack up to broadcast so many Rhinos games, nor does their entertainment value, if that was the criteria then there are a number of club's who provide a much more interesting brand of RL Football in the Super League.

Albeit, it does help those stay at home Rhinos fans🤫

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Bad comparison Tommy, now let's be honest Rhinos at this present time probably get circa 10 - 12K home fans and probably not very many followers/sympathisers outside of Leeds (even allowing for a certain Wakefield boy), whilst Man U have a waiting list for season tickets on top of their already 70K attendance figures AND Man U supporters club's all over the country. Whatever it is the schedulers think that this over subscribing to one club appeals to the majority of the SKY viewers are definitely wrong, don't forget these are the very same decision makers who don't listen to their viewing public if they did please explain how Baz, Tez, Phil Clarke after years of fans grumbling for a multitude of reasons have retained their employment?

Sorry Tommy, the numbers don't stack up to broadcast so many Rhinos games, nor does their entertainment value, if that was the criteria then there are a number of club's who provide a much more interesting brand of RL Football in the Super League.

Please don't go near any Lemons today Harry 🤣

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That tells me you know I am correct, not your style throwing flippant comments about!

Harry the above was bitter and untrue nonsense that didn't warrant further debate. I wanted to stop you before you embarrassed yourself further.

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

So only 3 out of the first 11 rounds will not feature Leeds Rhinos and this is nothing new for whatever reason the planners consider Leeds are the darlings of the RL viewing public HOWEVER THEY ARE FARING good, bad, entertaining or just plain rubbish, without hesitation SKY are now one subscriber missing next RL season.

The fact is Harry people want to watch Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens, they don’t want to watch Wakefield and Salford, if you have the opposite opinion you are in the minority. Sky know what they’re doing, they are going to show the teams who get the best viewing figures the most. The downside to that as a Leeds fan is we have a lot of Thursday games scheduled. 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Jeez I wonder if Sky don't just wing it but actually look at the viewing figures the different teams get.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Jeez I wonder if Sky don't just wing it but actually look at the viewing figures the different teams get.

I for one am amazed that the objectively largest club by most metrics based in a city by itself is such a popular choice with Sky, it makes no sense.

Our boys seem to be popular when they occasionally do well, as evidence the 12,000 plus at Old Trafford two very long years ago. Would have been even more had COVID-19 not washed the subsequent Cup Final.

The Devils also seem to be fondly popular as a favourite second team. You know like my wee nephew, the lovely non threatening lad who likes David Levithan and 80's electro pop dug within a gaggle of cooing teen girls whose presence lovingly dwells on everyone of their TikTok pictures. 

Couple of points. First asked on Channel 4's The Last Leg: "Aour paying," for their ten live to view games? if so how much?

Second when a game is televised by Sky, do the club's get an additional payment?

Third, Sky used to pay up for each club's Foundation Trusts. Is that still so?

22 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Harry the above was bitter and untrue nonsense that didn't warrant further debate. I wanted to stop you before you embarrassed yourself further.

Nothing bitter at all Tommy, just an observation now tell me what part of what I said is "untrue nonsense", was it that I suggested your comparison of the numbers of viewers that Leeds Rhino's summon and Man U was totally unrealistic?, maybe it was that outside of Leeds I said the Rhino's were not at the top of everyone's popularity list? Could it be that I brought into question the frailties and track record of the decision makers at SKY HQ? or simply implied that Leeds Rhino's are not the most attractive team to watch week after week after week?

As expected the answers I received are from fans closely associated with the Rhino's who can't get enough of watching their team on the box, but sorry to disappoint you as I implied there are other teams who provide just as good entertainment if not better.

Do you honestly think that people (outside Leeds) are going to look at this scheduling and it will prompt and persuade them to buy a SKY subscription in sufficient numbers to make any difference to the number of customer's who's priority is RL, or could it put people off as in my case?

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing bitter at all Tommy, just an observation now tell me what part of what I said is "untrue nonsense", was it that I suggested your comparison of the numbers of viewers that Leeds Rhino's summon and Man U was totally unrealistic?, maybe it was that outside of Leeds I said the Rhino's were not at the top of everyone's popularity list? Could it be that I brought into question the frailties and track record of the decision makers at SKY HQ? or simply implied that Leeds Rhino's are not the most attractive team to watch week after week after week?

As expected the answers I received are from fans closely associated with the Rhino's who can't get enough of watching their team on the box, but sorry to disappoint you as I implied there are other teams who provide just as good entertainment if not better.

Do you honestly think that people (outside Leeds) are going to look at this scheduling and it will prompt and persuade them to buy a SKY subscription in sufficient numbers to make any difference to the number of customer's who's priority is RL, or could it put people off as in my case?

Don't worry Harry you won't have to buy Sky to watch your team any time soon...

I think you understand perfectly well why the biggest teams get shown on TV the most, I think you just don't like that at the moment that is Leeds.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Don't worry Harry you won't have to buy Sky to watch your team any time soon...

I think you understand perfectly well why the biggest teams get shown on TV the most, I think you just don't like that at the moment that is Leeds.

Ouch!

I watch all manner of Rugby League Tommy, from community Kids to the NRL - and yes I am suggesting that is the ultimate form of our game - I get along in person to watch as much as possible and I can choose where to go and watch whom I wish, but I object to paying up front and told this is what you are going to watch without much variety on offer.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Ouch!

I watch all manner of Rugby League Tommy, from community Kids to the NRL - and yes I am suggesting that is the ultimate form of our game - I get along in person to watch as much as possible and I can choose where to go and watch whom I wish, but I object to paying up front and told this is what you are going to watch without much variety on offer.

You claim to want variety yet also claim the NRL is the ultimate form of the game 😅 

Its really not controversial for Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens to be the most regularly broadcasted teams. Until someone comes along and usurps them in popularity and commercial value then that will continue. 6 games a round is what it is.

Archived