Nene Mac Donald to Leigh

Very good signing if he is fit. Was a good NRL outside back a few years ago. Championship is hotting up!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Watching him as a Dragons fan I found him a bit of a frustrating enigma . He’s a physical presence , could finish a chance and do some good things but he also made more than his fair share of basic errors and got caught out in defence , usually racing in field . Since then injury and off field stuff have seen him not being seen much in the NRL . For the championship though that’s a solid acquisition 

45 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Watching him as a Dragons fan I found him a bit of a frustrating enigma . He’s a physical presence , could finish a chance and do some good things but he also made more than his fair share of basic errors and got caught out in defence , usually racing in field . Since then injury and off field stuff have seen him not being seen much in the NRL . For the championship though that’s a solid acquisition 

Langi for me carries the same characteristics. Above his weight but never uses it.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Injury prone

Makes daft mistakes.

Poison in the dressing room.

Personal issues

He'll be sent off every week.

Not fit.

Never be the same after injury.

Going for a SL gig.

Have I missed any from the "championship club signs a good player" response list?

To be fair, Joey Leilua is a bit of a nitwit.

Nene's defensive reads aren't the best (at NRL level), but I hope the Leigh players are practising putting up the high ball to him. Very good in the air.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

45 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Injury prone

Makes daft mistakes.

Personal issues

Not fit.

Going for a SL gig.

Have I missed any from the "championship club signs a good player" response list?

I must admit the SL is looking boring..

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Injury prone

Makes daft mistakes.

Personal issues

Not fit.

Going for a SL gig.

'No NRL/SL interest says it all' is a good one

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Injury prone

Makes daft mistakes.

Personal issues

Not fit.

Going for a SL gig.

Fans of any other club:

He's obviously getting paid loads and is there for the money

Or

Fans of the club in question:

He's there for the challenge and not there for the money, we are actually paying him next to nothing 

21 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh and Featherstone are going for broke to reach Super League, I fear the club that doesn’t make it may be overstretching themselves financially, it might be the case that neither club makes it. 

Or you may be talking tripe.... it happens.

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh and Featherstone are going for broke to reach Super League, I fear the club that doesn’t make it may be overstretching themselves financially, it might be the case that neither club makes it. 

A bit like Toulouse you mean who have spent 'naff all' because they went for broke last season ??

Don't look at Leigh and Fev for being scapegoats. Been there, done that and wore the T-Shirt. If it all goes Pete Tong for Toulouse, will we see Toys out of the pram and a few seasons back in the french leagues like a few years ago in rebellion (aka) skint ??

As Robin would say 'We will be fine cocker'.

4 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

A bit like Toulouse you mean who have spent 'naff all' because they went for broke last season ??

Don't look at Leigh and Fev for being scapegoats. Been there, done that and wore the T-Shirt. If it all goes Pete Tong for Toulouse, will we see Toys out of the pram and a few seasons back in the french leagues like a few years ago in rebellion (aka) skint ??

As Robin would say 'We will be fine cocker'.

Yes if Toulouse had of missed out on promotion they may not have been able to maintain the level of spending for another year in the Championship. Championship clubs overstretching themselves going for Super League or bust is the downside to the promotion and relegation model that we have.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Yes if Toulouse had of missed out on promotion they may not have been able to maintain the level of spending for another year in the Championship. Championship clubs overstretching themselves going for Super League or bust is the downside to the promotion and relegation model that we have.

Of course the facts back this up dont they, I mean look at all the clubs who have gone teets up since p&r was reintroduced in 2015 .......... Bradford.

Championship clubs haven't a clue what is happening in 2022 let alone further ahead, so those with ambition will spend the most they can possibly afford to be as high up the chain as they can be.

All I can guarantee is that Leighs team will be significantly stronger than that we had in SL, and the team we had at the end would have beat both Fev and TO in a million pound game played at SL pace. Fev will probably say they are stronger too than the Fev that took the field that day.

21 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Of course the facts back this up dont they, I mean look at all the clubs who have gone teets up since p&r was reintroduced in 2015 .......... Bradford.

Championship clubs haven't a clue what is happening in 2022 let alone further ahead, so those with ambition will spend the most they can possibly afford to be as high up the chain as they can be.

All I can guarantee is that Leighs team will be significantly stronger than that we had in SL, and the team we had at the end would have beat both Fev and TO in a million pound game played at SL pace. Fev will probably say they are stronger too than the Fev that took the field that day.

You're wazzin in t'wind here mate.

I'm (kind of) ignoring the provocative brown stuff and looking forrad to the coming season. I'm never dismissive of other clubs but I'm really going to enjoy the fev v leigh scraps coming up again

Archived