Crazy situation with Hull rental costs

£700,000 in rental costs for tha Allam Family or wherever that money goes, is a spectacular failure from Adam Pearson on every level.

I believe it was for 5 games, or at least that his what he states. 

That is a ridiculous cost for a poorly maintained stadium and this club need far better for its fans. 

Surely to god a 17,000 seater stadium is both realistic and would develop revenue streams all over the place 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few questions like does this include all matches, does this include training facilities, does this include match day costs eg stewards and do Hull keep match day sales of beer food etc 

what is obvious is that if Hull still own the boulevard then it would be worth redeveloping as £700k pa will pay for a lot of debt to cover it

I'm not a fan of Pearson but I don't see how this is his fault. This was all in place before his tenure and if anyone is to blame then surely its Hull City Council as owners for letting this absurd situation happen with the Stadium Management Company.

1 hour ago, The storm said:

Rather than pay £700,000 a year they need to get a new stadium. 

Same with Wigan 

Same with any team that shares a football stadium 

So instead of spending £700k a year they need to spend £100m? How will they fund that? 

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Another club a prisoner of a football stadium, no surprise that Warrington and St´s consistently doing well. Makes you hopeful for Wakefield when they sort ground out, free as they will be from this kind of crazy costs. 

Yep - look what’s happened to Salford

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

So instead of spending £700k a year they need to spend £100m? How will they fund that? 

The Totally Wicked Stadium, which would suit Hull size wise, cost around £25m I believe. Somehow they managed to fund it.

Let's use some logic here...

1) There was no real option of staying at the Boulevard. It was run down, small and crumbling (literally).

2) The club would not be the club they are now without the move to the (then) KC Stadium. We increased our crowds, turnover and profile significantly.

3) If we had the funds to build our own stadium, we'd have bloody done it by now. Saying "We'd be better off in our own new stadium" is not ground-breaking rocket science, nor is it an offer of a solution to any problems.

The situation is better than it would have been had we stayed at the Boulevard.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

A few questions like does this include all matches, does this include training facilities, does this include match day costs eg stewards and do Hull keep match day sales of beer food etc 

what is obvious is that if Hull still own the boulevard then it would be worth redeveloping as £700k pa will pay for a lot of debt to cover it

The Boulevard was demolished in place of a school, I think. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

100 million 

Where did you majestically get that figure from

We are talking abiut hull here and not kensington 

As has already been stated, Adam Pearson inherited the situation that Hull FC find themselves in. The fault lies with the fly by nights that were in charge of Hull FC when the Stadium was built. If I remember correctly, both Hull City and Hull FC were offered joint ownership of the 25 year lease of the SMC that runs the stadium. The cost to both clubs was £50,000. Hull City took it on, the Hull FC fly by nights didn't fancy paying up what now seems a rather paltry sum for a 25 year lease. Whether Hull City then paid £100,000 to own the lease I don't know but it was an absolute snip and has allowed whoever owns the football club to walk all over the rugby league club, the Council and the good people of Hull as well.

You can tell by some of the earlier contributions to this thread, what damage has been done by that decision. 

"Another club a prisoner of a football stadium"

"Same with any team that shares a football stadium" 

The KC or MKM Stadium was not built as a football stadium, it was built for the City of Hull as a Community Stadium to host both Hull City and Hull FC as well as music concerts and any other events that would be suitable and draw decent crowds. Hull City Council shot themselves in the foot by allowing the Football owners to also have full control over what happens at the Stadium. They should have arranged for the SMC to be an independent body who's interests should be to maximise the income and usage of the stadium to benefit the City of Hull. Instead they've allowed a succession of owners to use it for the best interests of Hull City Football Club and ###### everyone else. Some years back I thought Paul Duffen was the worst thing to happen to the SMC but I wasn't prepared for the petulant and pathetic Allam family.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 25 year lease ends in 6 years time.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

46 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

As has already been stated, Adam Pearson inherited the situation that Hull FC find themselves in. The fault lies with the fly by nights that were in charge of Hull FC when the Stadium was built. If I remember correctly, both Hull City and Hull FC were offered joint ownership of the 25 year lease of the SMC that runs the stadium. The cost to both clubs was £50,000. Hull City took it on, the Hull FC fly by nights didn't fancy paying up what now seems a rather paltry sum for a 25 year lease. Whether Hull City then paid £100,000 to own the lease I don't know but it was an absolute snip and has allowed whoever owns the football club to walk all over the rugby league club, the Council and the good people of Hull as well.

You can tell by some of the earlier contributions to this thread, what damage has been done by that decision. 

"Another club a prisoner of a football stadium"

"Same with any team that shares a football stadium" 

The KC or MKM Stadium was not built as a football stadium, it was built for the City of Hull as a Community Stadium to host both Hull City and Hull FC as well as music concerts and any other events that would be suitable and draw decent crowds. Hull City Council shot themselves in the foot by allowing the Football owners to also have full control over what happens at the Stadium. They should have arranged for the SMC to be an independent body who's interests should be to maximise the income and usage of the stadium to benefit the City of Hull. Instead they've allowed a succession of owners to use it for the best interests of Hull City Football Club and ###### everyone else. Some years back I thought Paul Duffen was the worst thing to happen to the SMC but I wasn't prepared for the petulant and pathetic Allam family.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 25 year lease ends in 6 years time.

Good facts 

These mega wealthy foreign blokes know very little about our sport, but still it needs sorting out ASAP 

18 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

How, oh wise one?

It’s fine, there’s a free plot of land in the middle of town big enough for a stadium, conference centre and loads of parking, and a building company are prepared to put a 17k stadium on it for £5m. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s fine, there’s a free plot of land in the middle of town big enough for a stadium, conference centre and loads of parking, and a building company are prepared to put a 17k stadium on it for £5m. 

Estimated costs now 19 million

Lets see what hapoens with Hull FC in 2022

I hope tgey kick on and fill tge ground uo every week

8 minutes ago, The storm said:

Estimated costs now 19 million

Lets see what hapoens with Hull FC in 2022

I hope tgey kick on and fill tge ground uo every week

Who’s estimated that? Land and £17k stadium for £19m? As for them filling the ground every week, if they averaged 12k next season it would be a great achievement. 

£700,000 to use the stadium for the year seems reasonable to me. With 13 league games + cup + friendly games + play offs you are probably looking at £40,000 per game, or £4 per head per game if you average 10,000 fans. Pearson is a complete moaner, he’s always complaining about something.
I expect it’s a similar figure to use Wembley or Old Trafford as a one off. 

Archived