Jump to content

Crazy situation with Hull rental costs


Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 25 year lease ends in 6 years time.

That's a real Ray of light, I never realised it ends in only 6 years. Hull FC just need to stick it out until then, let's face it they really don't have too much choice. I can only presume that Hull FC and the council will ensure that the situation that Hull FC find themselves in won't be allowed to happen again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Go on then, how much would a suitably sized and located plot of land in Hull cost? This is 2021, not 1512. 

They would negotiate a free ground field site from the council 

If Featgerstone, wakefield and Castleford can boom ahead with 2 million each in grants im sure the multi dimensionsl Pearson can negotiate a decent deal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JohnM said:

Here's a far richer sport, run by people with more money in their back pockets than there is in the whole of our game. Some own their own stadiums and some don't.  

https://www.propertyweek.com/news-analysis/who-owns-premier-league-stadiums/5090883.article

And if Hull were getting huge sums of money in TV rights relative to rent costs this might actually be a useful comparison.  

But they dont so it isnt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's basically nowhere in the traditional Hull FC area of the city to build a new ground. This is why you often hear people saying we should buy Costello Athletics Stadium and redevelop that but there isn't really the space around that for all the appropriate facilities. We could always do an Everton and buy St Andrews Dock and redevelop that but whether there is enough space there or enough idiots in the club to approve such a daft idea I don't know. The only other place would be a handful of fields just south of Anlaby but building another stadium on green field just a couple of miles from the current ground is not gonna please that little Swedish Moaner and her NIMBY friends. If none of this was an option the only other thing would basically be moving the club out of the city boundaries entirely which is quite frankly just a big no no. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, The storm said:

They would negotiate a free ground field site from the council 

If Featgerstone, wakefield and Castleford can boom ahead with 2 million each in grants im sure the multi dimensionsl Pearson can negotiate a decent deal 

Why don’t you get in touch with the club and offer to help out, as you seem to know what to do? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

There's basically nowhere in the traditional Hull FC area of the city to build a new ground. This is why you often hear people saying we should buy Costello Athletics Stadium and redevelop that but there isn't really the space around that for all the appropriate facilities. We could always do an Everton and buy St Andrews Dock and redevelop that but whether there is enough space there or enough idiots in the club to approve such a daft idea I don't know. The only other place would be a handful of fields just south of Anlaby but building another stadium on green field just a couple of miles from the current ground is not gonna please that little Swedish Moaner and her NIMBY friends. If none of this was an option the only other thing would basically be moving the club out of the city boundaries entirely which is quite frankly just a big no no. 

Or re locate to gateshead

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it's nice to read a thread about stadium costs and how unrealistic they are without it being a Cas one.

 

As you were......

  • Haha 2

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

 stadium on green field just a couple of miles from the current ground is not gonna please that little Swedish Moaner and her NIMBY friends. If 

I imagine it wouldn't best please most rational, intelligent adults.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, The storm said:

They would negotiate a free ground field site from the council 

If Featgerstone, wakefield and Castleford can boom ahead with 2 million each in grants im sure the multi dimensionsl Pearson can negotiate a decent deal 

Wakefield are spending in excess of £12m. Add in the £3m they paid for for the land too...

The £2m from the council is just part of the funding package.

No-one is giving free land away to Hull FC.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowing that the Blvd is no longer - did HFC get the funds from its sale?

The Stadium seems to have been built from paper money associated with KCOM shares and grants - so at no debt to the council.

HFC behaved stupidly by not paying the nominal £50k - even though council owned stadiums tend to have more costs on matchday than privately owned ones

I can only assume HFC position will become far stronger in 6 years time after the 25 years lease has ended - assuming they buy into the next one and become joint tenants  which makes the timing of the annual pitch repairs interesting as its during peak crowd opportunity dates ie no soccer.

Does Pearson have any wealth or is he simply taking a living out of the club - in which case the selling of future SL income by private equity will suit him totally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien said:

That's a real Ray of light, I never realised it ends in only 6 years. Hull FC just need to stick it out until then, let's face it they really don't have too much choice. I can only presume that Hull FC and the council will ensure that the situation that Hull FC find themselves in won't be allowed to happen again.

It will be a Salford situation, where the rent goes up massively - it won't be coming down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dboy said:

It will be a Salford situation, where the rent goes up massively - it won't be coming down!

It all depends on what happens with the next contract to run the stadium and if they can buy in 50/50 as they were offered previously or if a neutral body/council takes over the running. Either way they will be treated far better than now, have a better deal and have far more say.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went with my wife and youngest children to the Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers derby last year and invited an old friend that i worked with in radio who lives in Hull along with his wife.

Funny enough he brought this subject up over the pre match lunch (He is not a rugby fan generally and has a season ticket at Hull City) in his opinion it was the Allam son driving the problems and that the father was someone who could be brought down to earth in a diplomatic way if someone wanted to.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two questions - 

What prompted this thread? Has Pearson made some more of his unguarded comments?

When the initial term expires in six years as has been said is that it or do the soccer club owners have a right to renew (landlord & tenant act style).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Two questions - 

What prompted this thread? Has Pearson made some more of his unguarded comments?

When the initial term expires in six years as has been said is that it or do the soccer club owners have a right to renew (landlord & tenant act style).

It’s the off season

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

01482 505 600

to be fair if he cant do a simple google search for the number (or just go on the website and find it) then I dont think he is going to be solving this at any time soon!

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Construction costs have increased massively in recent years, why do you think the cost of building a stadium will have come down?

Construction costs have increased yes but not massively which i why I indicated an increase of circa £10m. no where have i said it iwll have come down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Two questions - 

What prompted this thread? Has Pearson made some more of his unguarded comments?

When the initial term expires in six years as has been said is that it or do the soccer club owners have a right to renew (landlord & tenant act style).

Im not sure, but I think it might be in reference to some older comments where Pearson had spoken about Hull FC still being made the pay the full £700,000 rental costs in 2020 despite only having 5 home games and only 2 with crowds (or thereabouts).

On the second point I'm really not sure what agreements are in place. It may be that all bets are off and that both Hull City and Hull FC will need to renegotiate with the council. I'm not sure if City's lease was the same length of time as Hull FC's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...