Dual Reg, Loans, and Reserve Grade

12 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

As much as I hate the dual registered system, I suspect they'll be some heading featherstone way this year.

I doubt the game can afford reserve grade teams.

Not if you don’t have to. Then again IF you had to?

On 30/11/2021 at 07:03, Tommygilf said:

It seems Leeds won't be happy unless every 1st team squad player is playing a match each weekend. Wonder if lower squad players will be offered to Fev or Bradford based on what? Their location?

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-loan-dual-registration-22313837?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=rugby_league_lve_newsletter&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=

DR is totally abhorrent and stinks, what would you do if you played for a club and after training the coach says you are being stood down this week for a guest player from another club, but you may be back in next week! If I was that player I would tell the coach "to go and get ####### and I will not be available for you anytime in the future" followed by a transfer request.

Apart from that the Championship has a massive reward for the winners of the comp, those club's should be rewarded or fail by their own efforts in gaining promotion and not be bolstered by outside influences.

Season long loans are just about acceptable whereas the parent club retains the registration and the loaning club pays the costs for the year, but ad-hock weekly 'if it suits' for both the Championship and SL club's these situations should not be allowed under any circumstances.

22 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

With you Robin and I know Leigh will work closely with Saints, especially early season before injury and suspension kicks in, in part because we know Fev will be doing so with Leeds

Saints and Leeds will see Leigh and Fev as a better place to harden players ready for SL as opposed to the reserves comp.

As I said previously, I would sooner do without DR player's, what Leigh or any other championship club achieves should be done by their own efforts and not reliant on others.

The games administration is just pampering to SL club's in allowing this to happen, I would love to read of their justification in permitting it.

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I said previously, I would sooner do without DR player's, what Leigh or any other championship club achieves should be done of their own efforts and not reliant on others.

The games administration is just pampering to SL club's in allowing this to happen, I would love to read of their justification in permitting it.

The justification is that the game can't afford reserves.

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The justification is that the game can't afford reserves.

I would counter that with SL can't afford reserves, so the Championship then has to become the fodder that the SL shortfailings are generating.

I remember in his last season at Warrington Tony Smith and Lee Briers on Radio Manchester were calling it a calamity that SL club's did not run reserves and they went as far to say that using finances as an excuse was not true as it did not cost that much.

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would counter that with SL can't afford reserves, so the Championship then has to become the fodder that the SL shortfailings are generating.

I remember in his last season at Warrington Tony Smith and Lee Briers on Radio Manchester were calling it a calamity that SL club's did not run reserves and they went as far to say that using finances as an excuse was not true as it did not cost that much.

I seem to remember the same.  There was a variance in totals from different clubs iirc.

The key is to make the reserves meaningful for those playing in it.  Sure, players have 1st team aspirations, but the competition itself should have strong rules and monitory rewards, over and above what the parent club gives. 

IMO, Clubs are not considering the DR players or fans when they use the DR like a sticking plaster for that week.  

49 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The key is not letting SL clubs sign up every community club player who has ever held rugby ball from about the age of 14 just on the off chance that they make it.

I agree in some respects but this is a completely unrelated issue to the DR/Loan for a day mess.  

Archived