Catalans sign.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

town-sign-reads-perpignan-in-french-and-

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I know they've historically not really cared about previous indiscretions but at least the controversial players they bring across are usually quite talented. 

May is genuinely useless and I haven't got a clue where they intend to play him given the current makeup of their side.

2 minutes ago, UTK said:

I know they've historically not really cared about previous indiscretions but at least the controversial players they bring across are usually quite talented. 

May is genuinely useless and I haven't got a clue where they intend to play him given the current makeup of their side.

If you think a 25 year old NRL champion is useless I’d love to know who you think Catalans should be signing. Maybe invent a time machine and bring Martin Offiah and Ellery Hanley in from 1988? 

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If you think a 25 year old NRL champion is useless I’d love to know who you think Catalans should be signing. Maybe invent a time machine and bring Martin Offiah and Ellery Hanley in from 1988? 

NRL champion who played all of 10 minutes before dropping the ball and getting hooked.

His one value is utility, outside of that he's got nothing and Catalans already have a utility. The only justification for him being in their first-grade side is being long time best mates with the coaches son. 

He's also an A-Grade flog who has repeatedly failed to show even the slightest bit of remorse for the reprehensible crimes he committed, hence having his contract torn up.

They should be signing literally anyone else.

- No NRL suitors tells it's own story

- Prone to brain farts 

- If he was any good Wigan would have signed him

- etc

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, dealwithit said:

Any club signing this bloke obviously doesn’t care about their female fans. This guy is a flog. 

Whilst I'm generally of the opinion that everyone deserves a second chance, the social media posts that ultimately got him the sack show how little regret and remorse he has for his actions. Disappointed with Catalans for taking him on.

1 hour ago, northamptoncougar said:

Can anyone enlighten me on these posts m? I don’t know who he is never mind what he’s said 

In 2019 he filmed and distributed sex tapes of women who were unaware they were being filmed, the magistrate who sentenced him specifically noted during sentencing that May had shown no remorse for his actions.

Fast-forward to Penrith winning the Final this year and May posted a photo of himself and Ivan Cleary outside the courthouse during his trial with a caption dismissing "people who threw dirt on my name" in reference to his crimes. Again demonstrating an incapability to perceive himself as having done anything wrong, he was sacked by the Panthers shortly afterward in response to the widespread backlash the post faced which even included the local Member of Parliament petitioning for him to be sanctioned.

Hate to link a dailymail article but it covers most of it in more detail with the post itself included.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10159425/NRLs-Tyrone-SACKED-Penrith-Panthers-immediately-controversial-Instagram-post.html

7 hours ago, UTK said:

In 2019 he filmed and distributed sex tapes of women who were unaware they were being filmed, the magistrate who sentenced him specifically noted during sentencing that May had shown no remorse for his actions.

Fast-forward to Penrith winning the Final this year and May posted a photo of himself and Ivan Cleary outside the courthouse during his trial with a caption dismissing "people who threw dirt on my name" in reference to his crimes. Again demonstrating an incapability to perceive himself as having done anything wrong, he was sacked by the Panthers shortly afterward in response to the widespread backlash the post faced which even included the local Member of Parliament petitioning for him to be sanctioned.

Hate to link a dailymail article but it covers most of it in more detail with the post itself included.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10159425/NRLs-Tyrone-SACKED-Penrith-Panthers-immediately-controversial-Instagram-post.html

Absolutely disgusting, disappointed that Catalan signed him 

A very tainted character off the pitch , and one who hasn’t made the same progress on the pitch as some of those he came through with . He’s become a bit of a utility and IMO doesn’t look that great in any of them 

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Absolutely disgusting, disappointed that Catalan signed him 

Agreed.  I do not fully understand that fine details but just keeping his mouth shut and moving on wouldve been a start.

You might be better pleased with their next signing though, Taukeiaho, from the Roosters.  This is the forward I mention in the OP.  Good player.

26 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

You might be better pleased with their next signing though, Taukeiaho, from the Roosters.  This is the forward I mention in the OP.  Good player.

Lets wait & see if this actually happens. Taukeiaho has previously said he didn't want to relocate from Sydney at the moment because of his young kids and the family support network around them. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Just now, Davo5 said:

Well he hasn’t signed for Saints so he’s bound to be “average”

Do you actually watch the NRL ?

I think you'll struggle to find any games where May has been anything other than average. He's the typical jack of all trades & master of none player.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Do you actually watch the NRL ?

I think you'll struggle to find any games where May has been anything other than average. He's the typical jack of all trades & master of none player.

Obviously more than you,but you’ve previously wrote teenage players off after 1 game so I’ll have to disagree.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

In todays Australian:

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins have suffered another recruitment blow, losing out to Super League club Catalans in a bidding war for star Roosters prop Siosiua Taukeiaho.

News Corp can reveal Taukeiaho has knocked back a two-year, $1.2 million offer from the Dolphins, instead agreeing terms on Wednesday night to finish his career in France with Super League outfit the Dragons.

The Tongan Test enforcer will honour the final year of his contract with the Roosters next season before linking with Catalans in 2023.

On May, I remember when he filled in for Penrith in the halves a couple of times over the last couple of seasons, he goes pretty good and if I recall correct got Man of the Match at least once. I distinctly remember thinking that he was a pretty handy player. Off-field - got a lot of growing up to do.

Archived