Two leagues of ten

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Yorkshire viking said:

Is the two leagues of ten going ahead . If so who will be in it . Is it top ten SL clubs clubs in top league . Then the bottom 2 Sl clubs and top 8 in championship for second league . Or is it invitational ? 

I was hoping there would be a thread on this....

2 hours ago, Yorkshire viking said:

Is the two leagues of ten going ahead . If so who will be in it . Is it top ten SL clubs clubs in top league . Then the bottom 2 Sl clubs and top 8 in championship for second league . Or is it invitational ? 

This is a big massive no no for me 

Definately not 

2 hours ago, Yorkshire viking said:

No. God knows. Maybe. Possibly. Could be?

10 hours ago, Yorkshire viking said:

I don’t think we should go to a league of 10, but if we did my 10 would be Catalans, Toulouse, Leeds, Hull FC, Huddersfield, Wigan, Warrington, St Helens, Newcastle and York

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I don’t think we should go to a league of 10, but if we did my 10 would be Catalans, Toulouse, Leeds, Hull FC, Huddersfield, Wigan, Warrington, St Helens, Newcastle and York

Why put a part time in at the expense of established, competitive and better supported professional teams? 

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why put a part time in at the expense of established, competitive and better supported professional teams? 

If we were going to go with a closed shop league of 10 we should go for big cities with ambitious Rugby League teams, rather than small clubs that have been bumbling along near the bottom of Super League since it’s inception 25 years ago. This would grow the game imo, but as I said I think a league of 10 would be a mistake.

Why. The passion for the game is not diminished in the small clubs, Some of these so city clubs do nor even own their own grounds. Utterly rubbish.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If we were going to go with a closed shop league of 10 we should go for big cities with ambitious Rugby League teams, rather than small clubs that have been bumbling along near the bottom of Super League since it’s inception 25 years ago. This would grow the game imo, but as I said I think a league of 10 would be a mistake.

Why not Sheffield and London then? I like what York are doing but the idea that they’ll be the saviours of Northern Hemisphere RL is crazy. 

It is a serious question and deserves a serious reply.

Two leagues of ten has its merits but I certainly don't think we should discount four leagues of five, or in fact five leagues of four, both of which work mathematically and that really is the important thing here.  Then there is the tantalising prospect of one league of twenty which works really well if we want to list a lot of teams alphabetically at the start of the season.

On the other hand, ten leagues of two creates some really intense rivalries with the same two teams playing each other every weekend for the whole season.   But surely the winner has to be twenty leagues of one.  Everyone, literally, is a winner.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Two leagues of ten has its merits but I certainly don't think we should discount four leagues of five, or in fact five leagues of four, both of which work mathematically and that really is the important thing here.  Then there is the tantalising prospect of one league of twenty which works really well if we want to list a lot of teams alphabetically at the start of the season.

On the other hand, ten leagues of two creates some really intense rivalries with the same two teams playing each other every weekend for the whole season.   But surely the winner has to be twenty leagues of one.  Everyone, literally, is a winner.

Twenty leagues of one would remove the need for loop fixtures whilst also allowing Warrington to win a title for the first time since Noah was a lad.

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The more important point here though, one we seem to be ignoring is -  are these leagues, divisions, or conferences?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The more important point here though, one we seem to be ignoring is -  are these leagues, divisions, or conferences?

Associations

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived