Two leagues of ten

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Yorkshire viking said:

Is the two leagues of ten going ahead . If so who will be in it . Is it top ten SL clubs clubs in top league . Then the bottom 2 Sl clubs and top 8 in championship for second league . Or is it invitational ? 

Save me a fortune if it does. I’ll cancel Sky Sports and Premier Sports. SL is ###### as it is and I can’t see two leagues of 10 improving it.

It’s a ridiculous idea, we don’t have 20 (or 18 given the French) full-time-capable clubs in this country, but we’ve more than 8… why on earth would we exclude 2 clubs from the top league that can compete in it, to make 2 or 3 (that can’t) feel better by telling them they are now in “Super League 2 (shhhh, say that last but quietly…)”; padded out by another 5 who would get battered each week?

Another nonsense-on-a-stick idea from people who’s level of strategic thinking is limited to “how can I make those people from Featherstone and Halifax stop moaning at me on the golf course” 🙄

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

8 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Another nonsense-on-a-stick idea from people who’s level of strategic thinking is limited to “how can I make those people from Featherstone and Halifax stop moaning at me on the golf course” 🙄

Not wrong, Featherstone add little value to the game - especially now they are dual regin' with Leeds. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

7 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If we were going to go with a closed shop league of 10 we should go for big cities with ambitious Rugby League teams, rather than small clubs that have been bumbling along near the bottom of Super League since it’s inception 25 years ago. This would grow the game imo, but as I said I think a league of 10 would be a mistake.

Wigan,St Helens, Warrington, Huddersfield are not cities never mind big cities lol, you never fail to amaze me.

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Wigan,St Helens, Warrington, Huddersfield are not cities never mind big cities lol, you never fail to amaze me.

Wakefield is considerably bigger than York, and a city, yet he’d boot Trinity out in favour of YCK to get more big cities involved. 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

You can say that again.

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’ve said no such thing, just that I believe York or Newcastle would add more to the competition than Wakefield. 

Another pathetic comment ffs if  you are good enough you go up. Reward success on the pitch not on geography/wealthy owners . Why would York or Newcastle add more ? Last season they weren’t  good enough to challenge the top of the Championship.

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Wakefield is considerably bigger than York, and a city, yet he’d boot Trinity out in favour of YCK to get more big cities involved. 

I do think Wakefield have a lot of potential and are going the right way. They have shown in the past that they can get good crowds for one off big games and with 2 new stands and all the increased income streams they will be a club transformed. As you say if we were looking at reasonable size places for SL Wakefield would certainly be up there.

On 02/12/2021 at 08:20, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If we were going to go with a closed shop league of 10 we should go for big cities with ambitious Rugby League teams, rather than small clubs that have been bumbling along near the bottom of Super League since it’s inception 25 years ago. This would grow the game imo, but as I said I think a league of 10 would be a mistake.

Which small clubs would you drop?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

17 hours ago, tec said:

Another pathetic comment ffs if  you are good enough you go up. Reward success on the pitch not on geography/wealthy owners . Why would York or Newcastle add more ? Last season they weren’t  good enough to challenge the top of the Championship.

York have been in bits more times than a box of lego. Newcastle has great potential but as you say, promotion should be earned on the field.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived