Carcassonne xiii

What a wonderful beautiful video everyone should get behind rugby league in France they are our nearest cousins:)

Its lovely things like this that fire my spirits up.

Off on the train to Paris from here in Spain tomorrow dinner with Luc in Rue Bucci St Germain its years since i have been there.

Really looking forward to it.

Cheers 

Paul

Just now, ATLANTISMAN said:

What a wonderful beautiful video everyone should get behind rugby league in France they are our nearest cousins:)

Off on the train to Paris from here in Spain tomorrow dinner with Luc in Rue Bucci St Germain its years since i have been there.

Cheers 

Paul

Tell Luc to give Brian Juliff a call and sort mid-season game with Wales mate. 

1 minute ago, welshmagpie said:

Tell Luc to give Brian Juliff a call and sort mid-season game with Wales mate. 

Will do I am sure he has something like that on the agenda as he is 100% committed to as many Internationals as possible.

Fancy Calais don't laugh nice stadium 🙂

It would be packed remember Lens?

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Cheers 

Paul

Agreed Paul. I’ve got a young family and can’t spend my life going to RL games but I do wear my Limoux jersey out and about in Norwich and I’d love to see Elite 1 grow to championship standard or more. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Agreed Paul. I’ve got a young family and can’t spend my life going to RL games but I do wear my Limoux jersey out and about in Norwich and I’d love to see Elite 1 grow to championship standard or more. 

Wonderful this just shows how much passion there is for RL in parts of SW France.

Just hoping Toulouse stay up next year (No disrespect to any club that go down) its going to be tough for them however i am certain that hot summer nights in Toulouse (And it can be really hot) will give them an advantage for enough wins.

Paul

14 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Will do I am sure he has something like that on the agenda as he is 100% committed to as many Internationals as possible.

Fancy Calais don't laugh nice stadium 🙂

It would be packed remember Lens?

I'd like to see France take on Wales and England mid season. Regular internationals for France could help build the profile of RL there

I see the assistant coach was present too for this photo shoot !! But great to see CXIII pressing on. The Aude is showing the way on and off the field. Lets hope others can follow.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

18 hours ago, barnyia said:

A nice little video of the team photos, 

https://fb.watch/9DpGoeFHrg/

Thanks for this @barnyia . I love the black away jersey. Oddly it’s for sale on the O’Neills website but it forces me to go to their UK website where it isn’t available. https://www.oneills.com/int_en/shop-by-team/rugby/rugby-league/as-carcassonne-xiii.html?fbclid=IwAR25X-OweIjuKRXcN9esxLKclQJdLu0BuRlarODNCvSmmZZwUIYtPgngvTU&p=1

Do Carcassonne get decent crowds, by Elite 1 standards? 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Thanks for this @barnyia . I love the black away jersey. Oddly it’s for sale on the O’Neills website but it forces me to go to their UK website where it isn’t available. https://www.oneills.com/int_en/shop-by-team/rugby/rugby-league/as-carcassonne-xiii.html?fbclid=IwAR25X-OweIjuKRXcN9esxLKclQJdLu0BuRlarODNCvSmmZZwUIYtPgngvTU&p=1

Do Carcassonne get decent crowds, by Elite 1 standards? 

The black is the home shirt normally, they get 5/600 for a normal match a few more for a derby. 

https://www.oneills.com/int_en/shop-by-team/rugby/rugby-league/as-carcassonne-xiii.html

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

The black is the home shirt normally, they get 5/600 for a normal match a few more for a derby. 

https://www.oneills.com/int_en/shop-by-team/rugby/rugby-league/as-carcassonne-xiii.html

I think because you’re in France you can buy it, but in England it makes you go to the english website where they have the generic merch but not the jersey - shame. 

Just arrived back in Blighty on Eurostar had a nice dinner with Luc last night in St Germain fantastic brasserie which i used to go to back in the PSG days:)

With England already due to play the Combined Nation All Stars during the break in June Luc likes the idea of a home match v Wales.

Lots of good ideas including possibly playing it in Brittany due to the Celtic connection Rennes would be a good bet.

Luc has identified 40 potential venues for the proposed 2025 WC in France hosting all the different formats.

Totally focused on more international matches for France and promoting the Elite 1 with hopefully it back to 10 teams next season.

Have a nice weekend everyone 

Cheers 

Paul

50 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Just arrived back in Blighty on Eurostar had a nice dinner with Luc last night in St Germain fantastic brasserie which i used to go to back in the PSG days:)

With England already due to play the Combined Nation All Stars during the break in June Luc likes the idea of a home match v Wales.

Lots of good ideas including possibly playing it in Brittany due to the Celtic connection Rennes would be a good bet.

Luc has identified 40 potential venues for the proposed 2025 WC in France hosting all the different formats.

Totally focused on more international matches for France and promoting the Elite 1 with hopefully it back to 10 teams next season.

Have a nice weekend everyone 

Cheers 

Paul

Is there any RL in Brittany? I know there’s a couple of clubs in Nantes but not sure if there are any others in NW France? Would be good if holding a France game up there kick started a couple more. 

41 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is there any RL in Brittany? I know there’s a couple of clubs in Nantes but not sure if there are any others in NW France? Would be good if holding a France game up there kick started a couple more. 

Nantes would be the nearest, however a policy of taking the French national team to new areas (When there is a chance of a home win) is a good idea to hopefully kick start interest in new clubs and awareness on national TV.

Far more chance of a decent crowd too in new areas coming out to support the France brand.

Playing the stronger nations Australia/New Zealand/England in traditional areas also makes more sense as the expectations are not high at present.

Paul

Archived