Friendlies

Derwent Park SC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, town4me said:

Good player but 34 now and played limited games last season and will not have come cheap.  

Sammut is not a good player he is a very good player and an excellent tool to have in your locker, 34 is not past it he has 1 or 2 seasons left in him yet he has his own health and fitness regime and takes care of his body, how old is your No 6, 37 next season? . I'd say most Workington fans would have been more than pleased to have seen him back there. The trap door has reopened next season and relegation is going to be a very grim prospect for those who fall through it. Worth every penny if he can nick you a few rare away wins in this league. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Sammut is not a good player he is a very good player and an excellent tool to have in your locker, 34 is not past it he has 1 or 2 seasons left in him yet he has his own health and fitness regime and takes care of his body, how old is your No 6, 37 next season? . I'd say most Workington fans would have been more than pleased to have seen him back there. The trap door has reopened next season and relegation is going to be a very grim prospect for those who fall through it. Worth every penny if he can nick you a few rare away wins in this league. 

It could be an inspired signing or an expensive mistake. Most championship clubs would have liked to have him but it would have been a big part of smaller budgets for other clubs

49 minutes ago, town4me said:

It could be an inspired signing or an expensive mistake. Most championship clubs would have liked to have him but it would have been a big part of smaller budgets for other clubs

I'd wouldn't say it is an inspired signing, more like an astute signing. he was free to find a nother club and the club signed a very experienced and talented half back who will also get a few extra bums on seats and get the club more media and sponsorship exposure. Not sure how the expensive mistake applies? Barrow have made it clear they have a larger budget with many new income streams. They can afford such a talisman and in my opinion they are not going to be relegated, they will be challenging for that 6th place. 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Id have loved him back tbh . Even if it meant pushing the boat out i think you need an x factor player or two who can just do something out of the box that might squeeze you out a few points .  

Hes the kind of player that can make the difference between a close defeat and a victory. Would love if we had signed him, gamble or not.

Maybe an over statement in some peoples eyes , but in his first season under Phil Veivers we were going nowhere ,until Sammut signed , He kept us up almost single handidly , and the next season when he was out injured for most of it we plumetted .Think he is worth a shot , especially with Barrows budget .

19 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

AGM tomorrow, hopefully we get to know who is going to be steering our ship (so to speak) it must be 6 weeks since Les left , fingers crossed we get some news soon 🤞UTT 

Can't attend tonight's AGM, just hooe we have some good news at the end of the night. 7 weeks ago it was euphoria but its all been gloom and doom since. Having no main sponsor or chairman is worrying, let's hope we are all a bit more positive after tonight's proceedings. UTT. 

30 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

SINKING SHIP, hope im proved wrong🤞🤞 new chairman and few more quality players would be nice f Christmas

I bet the club love supporters like you. 

Will we still be a sinking ship If we announce a new chairman and a couple of new signings? 

1 hour ago, Rodders2010 said:

SINKING SHIP, hope im proved wrong🤞🤞 new chairman and few more quality players would be nice f Christmas

Rodders, are you the same rodders on haven fans forum? Is the 2010 a clue thats you are on here to make mischief?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived