Student survey - The Rugby League World Cup 2021 | Need your response to help us! (Now closed !)

Please click the link to complete our student questionnaire that relates to the 2021 Rugby League World Cup's implementation of digital collectables . Any responses will be much appreciated ,all respondent information will stay fully confidential . Please click the link below to answer our short 15 question questionnaire. 👇

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XeJ1EFqHrw10dUECR3dnZa7fbMlAf7suA7GJ9XH4rmQ/viewform?edit_requested=true

Please click the link to complete our student questionnaire that relates to the 2021 Rugby League World Cup's implementation of digital collectables . Any responses will be much appreciated ,all respondent information will stay fully confidential . Please click the link below to answer our short 15 question questionnaire. 👇

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XeJ1EFqHrw10dUECR3dnZa7fbMlAf7suA7GJ9XH4rmQ/viewform?edit_requested=true

46 minutes ago, Elliot Meylan said:

What’s the context Elliot, is it for your dissertation? 

Hi there , it is part of my consultancy unit of my final year studying business management at Manchester metropolitan university .We are currently working with the rugby league World Cup 2021 , to help them introduce digital methods of collecting for the 2021 tournament within the UK . The questionnaire is helping us collect primary data from rugby league fans , allowing us to introduce an effective marketing strategy to the rugby World Cup organisation . Thankyou for reading , Elliot. 

Not entirely sure this is the right place for someone supporting RLWC21 to undertake user research which will build a strategy for NFTs.

Unless I've badly misjudged something, the forum appears a tad short on tech savy, latte drinking, hipster millennials who are itching to immerse themselves in the Zuckerberg metaverse.

Now if anyone want to run a survey to gather insight on why RL is a shambles and will be totally extinct in 12 months or test the demand for a VHS compilation video of fog bound Odsal games 1965-2010 then this probably the ideal user research group.

On 03/12/2021 at 17:38, overtheborder said:

Nice stuff, hope it goes well. My only criticism is that there seems to be no option for saying I mainly get my rugby league news off club websites/rugby league websites generally rather than forums/social media.

Hi , thankyou for submitting  a response to the questionnaire  it is much appreciated . Any feedback is taken into account and is very helpful  , we will use this feedback  to reflect and improve upon our  project . 

On 03/12/2021 at 11:12, Elliot Meylan said:

Done mate.

On 03/12/2021 at 17:42, TheYoungBaron said:

If you don't know what NFT stands for some of the latter questions are difficult to answer.

Thankyou for giving your best efforts to complete our questionnaire , all responses are very helpful .We submitted this questionnaire knowing a large majority of people may not know what NFTs are ,  expecting  many respondents to submit 'no' when asked if they know what an NFT is on Q9 . This is perfectly fine , it adds value to our consultancy project which is to provide the  RLWC 2021 with a strategy that effectively reaches both rugby league  and non -rugby league fans to educate and facilitate a successful  introduction of NFTs . Thanks again , Elliot .

On 05/12/2021 at 22:22, Niels said:

I completed it for you.

I used to collect Panini stickers but I am not sure what an NFT is either. 

Thankyou for giving your best efforts to complete our questionnaire , all responses are very helpful .We submitted this questionnaire knowing a large majority of people may not know what NFTs are ,  expecting  many respondents to submit 'no' when asked if they know what an NFT is on Q9 . This is perfectly fine , it adds value to our consultancy project which is to provide the  RLWC 2021 with a strategy that effectively reaches both rugby league  and non -rugby league fans to educate and facilitate a successful  introduction of NFTs . Thanks again , Elliot .

The question, where do you get your rl news from is missing Internet websites, and yeah I have no idea what an nft is so couldnt answer most of your survey. I've done it all the same, I hope it helps in some way.

On 03/12/2021 at 23:30, Whippet13 said:

Not entirely sure this is the right place for someone supporting RLWC21 to undertake user research which will build a strategy for NFTs.

Unless I've badly misjudged something, the forum appears a tad short on tech savy, latte drinking, hipster millennials who are itching to immerse themselves in the Zuckerberg metaverse.

Now if anyone want to run a survey to gather insight on why RL is a shambles and will be totally extinct in 12 months or test the demand for a VHS compilation video of fog bound Odsal games 1965-2010 then this probably the ideal user research group.

Hi  , the sole purpose of the questionnaire was to gather knowledge on the behaviours of a traditional rugby league fan ; Examples can include how  the ruby league fan accesses  news / content  about  the rugby league sector . This is particularly  important for our project , as the sole purpose of this project is to provide an effective strategy to the RLWC 2021 ;A strategy that aims to  reach/educate  the rugby league and non -rugby league fans about the notion of NFTs ,therefore increasing the chances of a successful implementation .

When introducing the questionnaire we had great understanding that a large majority of fans/non-fans  would not know about the idea of NFTs , which is not necessarily  a bad thing as it  creates a greater value for our project with the RLWC . We identified that more people with less understanding would provide the RLWC with a greater opportunity to introduce NFTs , as there is an evident gap within the market . 

To finalise , we distributed our questionnaire using a variety of methods such as rugby league forums , local rugby clubs and internally within the RLWC . This was so we could solely pick up on the behaviours/trends  of a rugby league fan, using this knowledge to create an effective strategy for the RLWC 2021 . I emphasise we did not expect many fans /non fans to know about the idea of NFTs ,but more importantly we wanted to discover how we can reach the fans and educate them about NFTs . Thank you for the response and feedback it is appreciated  , Elliot .

On 05/12/2021 at 23:55, M j M said:

Is it the long hoped-for merger of the Normanton Featherstone Tigers?

Personally I think Calder was a catchier name.

Hi , this questionnaire is intended to gather important knowledge  about  the rugby league fans  to help create an  effective strategy/plan for the  RLWC 2021 when introducing NFTs . The RLWC are working in close partnership with NuArca to pursue  this project , whereby the intention is to introduce  NFTs for the rugby league world cup in England 2022 . Thankyou for your response it is appreciated , Elliot . 

5 minutes ago, Elliot Meylan said:

Hi  , the sole purpose of the questionnaire was to gather knowledge on the behaviours of a traditional rugby league fan ; Examples can include how  the ruby league fan accesses  news / content  about  the rugby league sector . This is particularly  important for our project , as the sole purpose of this project is to provide an effective strategy to the RLWC 2021 ;A strategy that aims to  reach/educate  the rugby league and non -rugby league fans about the notion of NFTs ,therefore increasing the chances of a successful implementation .

When introducing the questionnaire we had great understanding that a large majority of fans/non-fans  would not know about the idea of NFTs , which is not necessarily  a bad thing as it  creates a greater value for our project with the RLWC . We identified that more people with less understanding would provide the RLWC with a greater opportunity to introduce NFTs , as there is an evident gap within the market . 

To finalise , we distributed our questionnaire using a variety of methods such as rugby league forums , local rugby clubs and internally within the RLWC . This was so we could solely pick up on the behaviours/trends  of a rugby league fan, using this knowledge to create an effective strategy for the RLWC 2021 . I emphasise we did not expect many fans /non fans to know about the idea of NFTs ,but more importantly we wanted to discover how we can reach the fans and educate them about NFTs . Thank you for the response and feedback it is appreciated  , Elliot .

I think Warrington were the first to ‘issue’ an NFT of a player, George Williams, they are ahead of the game with a lot of the off field stuff.

I would hope that if there is a ‘strategy’ to ‘educate’ RL fans about NFTs then there is a follow on education offer on the risks involved etc. 

Good luck with your survey.

1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

I think Warrington were the first to ‘issue’ an NFT of a player, George Williams, they are ahead of the game with a lot of the off field stuff.

I would hope that if there is a ‘strategy’ to ‘educate’ RL fans about NFTs then there is a follow on education offer on the risks involved etc. 

Good luck with your survey.

Yes that is correct , Warrington was the first in the rugby league sector to introduce NFTs . Thankyou , Elliot .

37 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

The question, where do you get your rl news from is missing Internet websites, and yeah I have no idea what an nft is so couldnt answer most of your survey. I've done it all the same, I hope it helps in some way.

Thankyou for giving your best efforts to complete our questionnaire , all responses/feedback is very helpful and used for our reflection  .We submitted this questionnaire knowing a large majority of people may not know what NFTs are ,  expecting  many respondents to submit 'no' when asked if they know what an NFT is on Q9 . This is perfectly fine , it adds value to our consultancy project which is to provide the  RLWC 2021 with a strategy that effectively reaches both rugby league  and non -rugby league fans to educate and facilitate a successful  introduction of NFTs . Thanks again , Elliot .

On 05/12/2021 at 19:19, Aerosaint said:

No idea what NFT is I'm afraid so not sure how helpful my responses were. Good luck though 👍 

Thankyou for giving your best efforts to complete our questionnaire , all responses are very helpful and used for our reflection  .We submitted this questionnaire knowing a large majority of people may not know what NFTs are ,  expecting  many respondents to submit 'no' when asked if they know what an NFT is on Q9 . This is perfectly fine , it adds value to our consultancy project which is to provide the  RLWC 2021 with a strategy that effectively reaches both rugby league  and non -rugby league fans to educate and facilitate a successful  introduction of NFTs . Thanks again , Elliot .

37 minutes ago, Elliot Meylan said:

Yes that is correct , Warrington was the first in the rugby league sector to introduce NFTs . Thankyou , Elliot .

I would also like to add the education of NFTs would highlight the value of NFTs to  fans  , particularly  the pros / cons as oppose to traditional methods of collecting . All fans would be fully informed about NFTs , whereby the education about the risks and how to prevent them will be highlighted .Regards , Elliot.

Archived