Era of the Biff website

Dunbar

The Era of the Biff website has been pensioned off after 19 years.

Not sure when this happened and I don't know if anyone involved in the site reads this forum but I just wanted to say, as a frequent visitor over the years, how much I enjoyed the characters and stories on the site.  It was great fun. Thanks.

https://www.eraofthebiff.com/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure when this happened 

It was announced on his Facebook page on the 31st August. I've copied the post Quigs made below as it contains a lot of detail and deserves sharing widely:

"BREAKING NEWS... After 19 years (2003 to 2021) www.eraofthebiff.com will be no more.

I am drawing the shutters on the website. (21/9/21)The time has arrived to sound the final hooter on the Era Of The Biff website. Over 1000 pages of stories, memories, statistics, and more, contributed to the making up this old website. Most were just shared by punters and fans from both sides of the world who all enjoyed the great game we all used to know and love.

The greatest era in the greatest game. It is just not the same anymore. Over the time The Biff site has undergone three rebuilds and the current platform it runs on is closing down on the 26th Sept and can’t be “simply” migrated to another server. (bloody Adobe) It has to be a total rebuild and I no longer have the enthusiasm, time nor money to take on such an endeavour.

The whole concept of the site was to share stories, memories and pics of the hardmen and the memorable game and events from the 1950’s through to the early 90’s. I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I did creating it.

A lot of the Hardmen are no longer with us and each year we see more legends passing. R.I.P Champions.

If you see anything on the site that you might like to ‘borrow’ well help yourself. This site has always been about sharing.

How's this for content ....

82 Hardmen Listed = 82 Full Profile Pages

82 Hardman Pages only containing contributed stories about them

82 Hardman Pages only containing links to external Vids and Films (YouTube)

Over 800 pages of your stories / memories submitted

Over 120 pages of your Favorite Moments from the Biff Era

32 Memorable Matches Pages

23 Yarn of the Months

15 Player Interviews

9 pages of Great Old Quotes from and about the Hardmen

5 pages of The Biff Dreamteam including Selection process"

On 06/12/2021 at 09:50, Lapsed Leeds Fan said:

It was announced on his Facebook page on the 31st August. I've copied the post Quigs made below as it contains a lot of detail and deserves sharing widely:

"BREAKING NEWS... After 19 years (2003 to 2021) www.eraofthebiff.com will be no more.

I am drawing the shutters on the website. (21/9/21)The time has arrived to sound the final hooter on the Era Of The Biff website. Over 1000 pages of stories, memories, statistics, and more, contributed to the making up this old website. Most were just shared by punters and fans from both sides of the world who all enjoyed the great game we all used to know and love.

The greatest era in the greatest game. It is just not the same anymore. Over the time The Biff site has undergone three rebuilds and the current platform it runs on is closing down on the 26th Sept and can’t be “simply” migrated to another server. (bloody Adobe) It has to be a total rebuild and I no longer have the enthusiasm, time nor money to take on such an endeavour.

The whole concept of the site was to share stories, memories and pics of the hardmen and the memorable game and events from the 1950’s through to the early 90’s. I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I did creating it.

A lot of the Hardmen are no longer with us and each year we see more legends passing. R.I.P Champions.

If you see anything on the site that you might like to ‘borrow’ well help yourself. This site has always been about sharing.

How's this for content ....

82 Hardmen Listed = 82 Full Profile Pages

82 Hardman Pages only containing contributed stories about them

82 Hardman Pages only containing links to external Vids and Films (YouTube)

Over 800 pages of your stories / memories submitted

Over 120 pages of your Favorite Moments from the Biff Era

32 Memorable Matches Pages

23 Yarn of the Months

15 Player Interviews

9 pages of Great Old Quotes from and about the Hardmen

5 pages of The Biff Dreamteam including Selection process"

Only 9 or so weeks till the start of the new season which I am looking forward to immensely but there is so much content to read and view in your post, the problem I have is if I delve into these topics and see the game as it once was before all the sanitisation and rule changes that have taken place in recent years will that spoil what is on view come the big kick off?

Archived