NCL Division 3/2

What are peoples early thoughts on divisions 3 and 2 this season? 
there has been some high profile recruits (players and coaches) in division 3 already and it’s shaping up to be a competitive division, more competitive than last time where Woolston and Hunslet were the best 2 in the comp. I think East Leeds will go well, having showed their strength in the regional comp in 2021 and would be my pick at the minute. 
As for Division 2, I couldn’t call a winner, both dewsbury teams have lost a player to the semi-pro game, hunslet’s numbers seem to be dwindling, based on last season, and I haven’t seen much of the rest of the league. I think my early choice would be Normanton. I was surprised to see Saddleworth move up, but Heworth is a just replacement who could easily challenge for the title.

19 hours ago, wiganlad said:

Seaton may shock a few as there is potential that they may pick up players from Maryport, distington, elbra etc as the quality of the CARLA league will reduce with them leaving and people may fancy a new challenge. 

As with a lot of new teams, it always seems the best way to go is with your own players and not rely on picking other players up. Seaton are in a great position already without picking new players up

On 07/12/2021 at 12:39, wiganlad said:

Seaton may shock a few as there is potential that they may pick up players from Maryport, distington, elbra etc as the quality of the CARLA league will reduce with them leaving and people may fancy a new challenge. 

Think they’ll be infor a shock,they were poor last season.

12 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

As with a lot of new teams, it always seems the best way to go is with your own players and not rely on picking other players up. Seaton are in a great position already without picking new players up

A lad at work today told me that they have a fringe player returning from Town and a couple returning from Newcastle academy

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

57 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

A lad at work today told me that they have a fringe player returning from Town and a couple returning from Newcastle academy

Hopefully will help them get to the next level mate as its good for Cumbria to have a strong standing in the NCL 

13 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Same in Donny, players can be tribal and Bentley have a good squad, as for picking up players they are the right side of town to attract players from the Fev, Cas and Wakey areas.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

16 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

That would be our intention we may attract one or two new players but we’ve a production line of our own talent and wouldn’t want to be detrimental to the future of other clubs 

• 2 weeks later...

Please be aware, if you are a volunteer,  player, coach, committee member or basically associated with any community club, you cannot take a punt on anything associated with the NCL or other RFl competitions. Some very strange rules set by the RFl that should be clearly explained to all concerned with the community game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2021 at 19:10, chisholm said:

Please be aware, if you are a volunteer,  player, coach, committee member or basically associated with any community club, you cannot take a punt on anything associated with the NCL or other RFl competitions. Some very strange rules set by the RFl that should be clearly explained to all concerned with the community game.

So much for free speech. Was going to approach an amateur club regarding doing some volunteering. Don't think I'll bother now. Thanks for the heads up. 

See East Leeds and Waterhead 11/4 joint favourites, Leigh East, Seaton 9/1, Hensingham 10/1, Bentley, Drighlington 11/1,  Shaw Cross 12/1, Batley, Oldham 14/1, Millom 18/1, Eastmoor 20/1 on Skybet website but odds can change quickly as I have previously seen when betting on the NCL don't know if you can only bet a maximum of £20 per day on any team. 

Archived