Replacing What You Used To Do meant USK

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Won't you show us some of your own? 

Even though I'm not very good, and timid about showing, FI I did try to put some of mine on here but found that every time the file was too big to be accepted no matter how small I made the picture. I did try to put my money where my mouth is

" But it was not allowed!"  just like in Jules et Jim

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’m completely ###### at art, but have had some minor success with a mini sketch book and a small sketching pencil.

I’m not sure it’s the same thing as this but I bought some materials about 10 years and a text book for a beginner.

I enjoyed what I did although I felt like the results were generally not great.

"I enjoyed what I did ..." you said it perfectly here that's all it's about. As adults we've become rubbish at playing and this is as close as it gets to being in the zone again.

If anyone knows how to get round the allowance on here I'd be glad to put some on as I won't be able to hear the raucus laughter  .....

from the threepennies!

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 2

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Even though I'm not very good, and timid about showing, FI I did try to put some of mine on here but found that every time the file was too big to be accepted no matter how small I made the picture. I did try to put my money where my mouth is

" But it was not allowed!"  just like in Jules et Jim

"I enjoyed what I did ..." you said it perfectly here that's all it's about. As adults we've become rubbish at playing and this is as close as it gets to being in the zone again.

If anyone knows how to get round the allowance on here I'd be glad to put some on as I won't be able to hear the raucus laughter  .....

from the threepennies!

It’s defintely a relaxing little hobby.

8 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s defintely a relaxing little hobby.

Like every pastime that involves a level of play it can become a fixation and certainly has for some but what you get out of that "relaxation"  can't be measured and its worth shouldn't be underestimated.

• Like 1

There's tons of advice for a basic kit but loads of these have dear items or materials that can prove costly over time, so I thought that a truly basic kit and costing using Amazon might help but other suppliers like the Artshop Skipton for example are often cheaper.

Winsor and Newton Cotman Brush Pen Set, XCFB658 = £17.68 (This set contains a waterbrush)

Sakura Pigma Micron - Pigment Fineliner Pens - 0.1/0.5mm/Brush - Black Ink - Blister Pack of 3= £6.59

Artway Enviro Spiral Bound A4 Sketchbook - Landscape - 70 Sides (35 Leaves) of 100% Recycled 170gsm Cartridge Paper = £6.99

Apart from a water container that's it.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

Now going through the process of learning how to draw with a fude nib fountain pen.

If you're someone who likes drawing, sketching or even doodling it's a cracking tool that is so unlike other drawing implements it's unreal.

So much so that even I can achieve decent results.

USK is amazing for all sorts of reasons.

It engages people in being sociable and social - I've yet to encounter negativity or any nastiness.

It means people are more and more involved with being outdoors.

USK also means people are increasingly being creative and their well being seems to improve as a result.

There is also a lot of very different art work and art styles being developed because of USK.

The lack of a sense of competition and rivalry means its atmosphere is very different from a lot of other past times.

This is not to say it has no problems or there is nothing questionable about it but more than most comparable things it is head and shoulders above and ahead of the game.

Lecture ends .....

stay well