What happened at the meeting on Tuesday?

jroyales

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2021/12/strength-in-partnership-as-we-plan-for-the-future/ - the first ‘partners’ meeting, including the supporters’ group, Oldham amateur rugby, the club etc.

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2021/12/new-kit-deal-and-cost-price-replicas-for-christmas/ - new kit deal with Ellgren, selling replica shirts at cost-price, and new leisure wear on the way.

On 11/12/2021 at 09:47, jroyales said:

All the talk about involving everybody with an interest in the Yeds didn't last long.

We the supporters would like to know what is, if anything, is happening.

THINGS DON'T CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I suggest you keep up-to-date with the club via the website instead of relying on folk to post on here, inevitably you will miss things. Totally unnecessary and premature posting this!

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Thanks for the advice. Just curious why is my post "unnecessary and premature."

I just enjoy the banter and importantly hearing true fan's opinions on our forum.

It was unnecessary and premature because it gives readers the impression the meeting didn't happen. It gives the impression the club aren't keeping to what they said when, in fact, since John Roddy arrived things have improved considerably in this issue of bringing all the rugby groups together. It's just looking to twist the knife for no reason whatsoever!

I take objection to your suggestion that I'm "twisting the knife."

I went to the recent meeting and I am very optimistic that John Roddy is on board. To emphasise my optimism I've watched Oldham for over 60 years and I've still got shares from when an appeal  went up for money to keep the club alive.

So I'll thank you again for telling me where to access any information regarding our great club and not to think I will find anything on this forum.

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

I take objection to your suggestion that I'm "twisting the knife."

I went to the recent meeting and I am very optimistic that John Roddy is on board. To emphasise my optimism I've watched Oldham for over 60 years and I've still got shares from when an appeal  went up for money to keep the club alive.

So I'll thank you again for telling me where to access any information regarding our great club and not to think I will find anything on this forum.

No worries mate !

Thanks for the comments guys, there is so much happening and the website, Facebook, Twitter and even Instagram is where all club news is shared. Everyone is working hard to achieve our goals (not just me) seeing the squad let by Stuart and Brendan up Snowden, was excellent and truly inspiring... 👍👍👍 John

5 hours ago, RoddersRL2022 said:

Everyone is working hard to achieve our goals (not just me)

Thanks, John. 

Let's hope this is the first step on the long road to get this once-great club, back to where we used to be in 'the good old days' that some of us more 'seasoned' supporters remember.

Keep up the good work.

17 hours ago, ArthurO said:

Thanks, John. 

Let's hope this is the first step on the long road to get this once-great club, back to where we used to be in 'the good old days' that some of us more 'seasoned' supporters remember.

Keep up the good work.

Agreed. Good luck, hope all the hard work pays off.

Archived