Clubs printing programmes in 2022

On 03/02/2022 at 21:07, clifford said:

Probably a team sheet

You're not wrong. Whitehaven have gone for a printed, glossy teamsheet. It isn't printed on the day therefore it's the two squads - and the match officials aren't included. Easier and cheaper, I imagine. Available for a quid. Yes, that's a quid.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Update (10/2):

Rugby Football League

Printed match programme: Barrow (£2), Leeds (£3), Leigh (£3.50), North Wales (£2), Rochdale (£3), York (£3).

Printed monthly magazine: Castleford (Roar, £2), Widnes (We are Widnes, £3).

Printed match teamsheet: Whitehaven (£1).

Digital match programme: Newcastle (free), Oldham (£3), St Helens (free), West Wales (£2).

Nothing: Batley, Bradford, Dewsbury, Featherstone, Halifax, Hunslet, London, Workington.

Others TBC.

Amateur Rugby League

Printed match programme: Bentley (£1), Leigh Miners Rangers (£3, w/a), Thornhill.

Note: Orrell St James did a one-off printed match programme for their 15/1 Challenge Cup first round tie.

Others TBC.

Edited by Hopping Mad

I see Hull mention "complimentary matchday programme" as a benefit in the website blurb for their 2022 match and match ball sponsorship packages. Suggests a printed programme will be available at the MKM this season.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

North Wales Crusaders have confirmed they will continue issuing a printed programme in 2022. Price will be £2.

I wanted to get a programme from everyone that had one last season. They were the only team that I could not get one from. No mail service offered.

31 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

I wanted to get a programme from everyone that had one last season. They were the only team that I could not get one from. No mail service offered.

There's a 2021 NWC programme on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265415041267?hash=item3dcbf820f3:g:rkMAAOSwIwRhmYA3

I'll be going over to Colwyn Bay at some point this season. PM me if you want a programme. I can post it on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Andrews said:

I was at Whitehaven last week and the only sheet I could find was not glossy or priced at a quid but just a a list of the two 21 man squads on normal photocopying paper. However I arrived at the ground half an hour before kick off and the lady selling half time draw tickets said she had none left but directed me to an office where an elderly gentleman kindly gave me the only one he had (very much appreciated if anyone knows who this chap is) Can anyone confirm the glossy sheet priced at a quid as not only did I not see them but I never even heard mention of them. Of course if anyone has a spare one I would be delighted to hear from them.

If CW25 still wants a North Wales programme from 2021 I think I have a spare one v Barrow. Please PM me if you do.

Haven did post an advance tweet - with a photo - about the £1 glossy teamsheet for the Barrow game.

Update (18/2, as far as I can tell - amendments/corrections welcome):

Rugby Football League

Printed match programme: Barrow (£2), Hull (£3), Leeds (£3), Leigh (£3.50), North Wales (£2), Rochdale (£3), Swinton (£3), Warrington (£3 plus £1.99 p+p through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (£4), York (£3).

Printed monthly magazine: Castleford (Roar, £2), Wakefield (The Trin, £2), Widnes (We are Widnes, £3).

Digital match programme: Newcastle (free), Oldham (£3), St Helens (free), Warrington (free), West Wales (£2).

Nothing: Batley, Bradford, Dewsbury, Featherstone, Halifax, Hull KR, Hunslet, London Broncos, London Skolars, Toulouse, Workington.

Others TBC (Keighley hope to have a printed match programme).

Amateur Rugby League

Printed match programme: Bentley (£1), Leigh Miners Rangers (£3, w/a), Lock Lane, Thornhill.

Note: Orrell St James did a one-off printed match programme for their 15/1 Challenge Cup first round tie.

Others TBC.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Thanks 1

Starting this evening, Warrington are issuing a 40-page hard copy programme (available through Ignition Sports Media, £3 plus £1.99p+p), along with a digital version (free). 

https://warringtonwolves.com/news/2022/february/Download-tonight-s-digital-programme/

Wigan, too, will have a printed programme (£4), available from sellers at the ground.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Starting this evening, Warrington are issuing a 40-page hard copy programme (available through Ignition Sports Media, £3 plus £1.99p+p), along with a digital version (free). 

https://warringtonwolves.com/news/2022/february/Download-tonight-s-digital-programme/

Wigan, too, will have a printed programme (£4), available from sellers at the ground.

I'm delighted with Wire's offering, and IMHO this is the perfect operating model, striking a compromise between cost management, availability, and crucially making a hard copy available to collectors.  I've no idea if my constant badgering of them on this over the past 12 months worked or not, and TBH I don't care, as the end decision is one I can completely agree with!  I'm not commercially naive or idealistic enough to think that it's 'right' in the modern day to print off hundreds of these, and be left with the wastage of what's unsold (or worse for the collector perhaps - missing out on one if they don't do enough! As happened to me at Leeds, where the guy in front of me got the last one at half-time, though I've been able to call in a favour to track one down since!).

So I think this is the perfect solution: content available to read on the day / at the game, and for 'the kids' on your phone; subscription for the season available for home collectors; away collectors can still pick up a copy too.  Long may it continue!  Please support with clicks and more importantly purchases 🙂

It means I'll be stopping The Unofficial Programme, which thankfully only lasted one season!  But I am contributing to the official one this year (p23 of the latest edition), though anyone that knows me won't be surprised to hear I struggled with my 300 word count limit, so I'm hoping a sponsor drops out soon so I can negotiate a double page spread 😉

• Like 4

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

On 13/02/2022 at 13:23, Hopping Mad said:

Update (17/2, as far as I can tell - amendments/corrections welcome):

Rugby Football League

Printed match programme: Barrow (£2), Leeds (£3), Leigh (£3.50), North Wales (£2), Rochdale (£3), Swinton (£3), Warrington (£3 plus £1.99 p+p through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (£4), York (£3).

Printed monthly magazine: Castleford (Roar, £2), Widnes (We are Widnes, £3).

Digital match programme: Newcastle (free), Oldham (£3), St Helens (free), Warrington (free), West Wales (£2).

Nothing: Batley, Bradford, Dewsbury, Featherstone, Halifax, Hull KR, Hunslet, London Broncos, London Skolars, Toulouse, Wakefield, Workington.

Amateur Rugby League

Printed match programme: Bentley (£1), Leigh Miners Rangers (£3, w/a), Lock Lane, Thornhill.

Others TBC.

Wakey are doing a monthly printed mag ‘The Trin’ again, available for £2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

From Hull's website (with regard to tomorrow's game against St Helens):

A special edition of The 18th Man match day programme will be dedicated to Johnny Whiteley MBE, including special tributes and photographs, priced at just £2 [says £3 on the cover!]. The programme will be available from the stadium retail store (from 12 noon on Friday) and around the stadium on match day.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 2

Update (20/2, as far as I can tell - amendments/corrections welcome):

Rugby Football League

Printed match programme: Barrow (£2), Hull (£3), Leeds (£3), Leigh (£3.50), North Wales (£2), Rochdale (£3), Swinton (£3), Warrington (£3 plus £1.99 p+p through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (£4), York (£3).

Printed monthly magazine: Castleford (Roar, £2), Wakefield (The Trin, £2), Widnes (We are Widnes, £3).

Nothing: Batley, Bradford, Catalans, Dewsbury, Featherstone, Halifax, Huddersfield, Hull KR, Hunslet, London Broncos, London Skolars, Salford, Workington.

Amateur Rugby League

Others TBC.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Arrived at Wigan on Friday 30 minutes or so before kick off. There was no sign of programme sellers either inside or outside the away end - the place they used to sell from in the stand was empty. A bit of a disappointment after coming armed with four pound coins.

• Like 1