Challenge Cup 1st & 2nd Round Draws

Futtocks

TRL Question to thiose in the know - Where will the Lolndon Chargers be playing this game.against Elbra Rangers  I know they train on Clapham Common and I do recall them being part of a pre-season triple header at New River Stadium a few years ago which I think was the Challenge Cup for them.

So New River Stadium on 15th January ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Jarrow Vikings v Wests Warriors is going to be played at Kingston Park the home of Newcastle Thunder on 15th January at 14:00 and entry will be free. So if anyone is in the area and fancies taking in a game get yourselves down to Kingston Park!

21 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Usually the BBC and our league show a game, nothing been advertised as yet. Wonder if they're going to show any games this year from the early rounds. 

The choice of match is still TBC, according to https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 03/01/2022 at 22:54, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Have the BBC announced what game they will be streaming from the first round yet? 

An article on the BBC website says they will stream Orrell St James v Army in round 1 and Rochdale Hornets v Midlands Hurricanes in round 2.

4 hours ago, wiganermike said:

An article on the BBC website says they will stream Orrell St James v Army in round 1 and Rochdale Hornets v Midlands Hurricanes in round 2.

Looks like they’ve decided to ‘keep it local’ with both games close to BBC Sport HQ. Makes sense with Covid etc I guess. Be good to see the new Hurricanes in action and how they go.

4 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

Looks like they’ve decided to ‘keep it local’ with both games close to BBC Sport HQ. Makes sense with Covid etc I guess. Be good to see the new Hurricanes in action and how they go.

Have they ever not been local, don't think they've ever ventured too far even before the covid excuse 

29 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Have they ever not been local, don't think they've ever ventured too far even before the covid excuse 

Yeah they showed West Wales at home last year vs Widnes. Think they may have shown RAF live at home too a few years back?

9 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Yeah they showed West Wales at home last year vs Widnes. Think they may have shown RAF live at home too a few years back?

Well remembered regarding the west Wales, didn't think that was the first couple of rounds though, the ones I remembered were the Wigan st pats v Leigh miners, and Rochdale Mayfield v North Wales games. Thatto heath v Dewsbury and Siddal v Toronto too. 

1 minute ago, usain bolt said:

Well remembered regarding the west Wales, didn't think that was the first couple of rounds though, the ones I remembered were the Wigan st pats v Leigh miners, and Rochdale Mayfield v North Wales games. Thatto heath v Dewsbury and Siddal v Toronto too. 

West Wales was the first round - but thinking back it was last year when no amateur clubs took part. You’re right the first round is normally the ‘smaller’ sides and don’t think they’ve ever shown one from outside the heartlands.

20 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

West Wales was the first round - but thinking back it was last year when no amateur clubs took part. You’re right the first round is normally the ‘smaller’ sides and don’t think they’ve ever shown one from outside the heartlands.

Yeah no 'community' sides last time out !!

10 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

To be fair though history shows that the heartland community clubs are more likely to compete or even pull off the odd surprise win than those from the rest of the UK/Ireland. The BBC will look for a likely competitive tie when making their choice so that will tend to involve the top level community clubs which tend to be in the heartlands. For this year the Army being involved in the stream will appeal to a wider geographic area due to serving or ex Army personnel. It also helps that the Army have won cup ties in recent years.

On 20/12/2021 at 18:54, THE RED ROOSTER said:

TRL Question to thiose in the know - Where will the Lolndon Chargers be playing this game.against Elbra Rangers  I know they train on Clapham Common and I do recall them being part of a pre-season triple header at New River Stadium a few years ago which I think was the Challenge Cup for them.

So New River Stadium on 15th January ?

You've probably seen for yourself but noticed it is at Chiswick RU on the 15th with a 1pm kick off.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, bangersandmash said:

Where has this been confirmed please?

From Chargers' FB page.

Screenshot_20220106-194610_Facebook.jpg

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, usain bolt said:

Saw nothing advertised for our league app. 

And, yet, when the deal was announced in late 2020 (to start this year), this was one of the good bits:

"The BBC’s ground breaking online and digital coverage of the early rounds of the competition featuring teams and clubs from all sections of the Community Game will continue and will sit alongside the RFL’s additional digital and highlights rights allowing the opportunity to promote the sport to a wider audience."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

And, yet, when the deal was announced in late 2020 (to start this year), this was one of the good bits:

"The BBC’s ground breaking online and digital coverage of the early rounds of the competition featuring teams and clubs from all sections of the Community Game will continue and will sit alongside the RFL’s additional digital and highlights rights allowing the opportunity to promote the sport to a wider audience."

Wigan St Patricks now coached by Andy Gregory the likely stream at Rochdale Mayfield next saturday.

Archived