Challenge Cup 1st & 2nd Round Draws

Futtocks

19 hours ago, gingerjon said:

And, yet, when the deal was announced in late 2020 (to start this year), this was one of the good bits:

"The BBC’s ground breaking online and digital coverage of the early rounds of the competition featuring teams and clubs from all sections of the Community Game will continue and will sit alongside the RFL’s additional digital and highlights rights allowing the opportunity to promote the sport to a wider audience."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

"And watch out for details of coverage of a third tie to be confirmed this week."

On which platform Gav, BBC or our league, or something else. Love watching the early round ties, especially the amateur teams who always seem to put a great performance on for the viewers 

46 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

On which platform Gav, BBC or our league, or something else. Love watching the early round ties, especially the amateur teams who always seem to put a great performance on for the viewers 

While they have made many improvements elsewhere in their RL coverage, streaming the early rounds of the Cup is my favourite addition to the BBC's regular offerings.

It really has become an annual highlight for me, for all the other professional and amateur games I watch from around the world.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

BBC to cover  Orrell St James v Army on saturday  ( nb k.o. time of 12,30 ) 

Our League to show  Bentley v Stanningley on sunday.

Wigan St Pats on their facebook page are saying that their 2.15 pm match on saturday at Rochdale Mayfield is being streamed . Not yet sure which platform.

Tasty coverage all round guaranteed.

But you can't beat watching any of them live if weather and your covid status allows - remember  ' Your Game needs You '

19 hours ago, del capo said:

BBC to cover  Orrell St James v Army on saturday  ( nb k.o. time of 12,30 ) 

Our League to show  Bentley v Stanningley on sunday.

Wigan St Pats on their facebook page are saying that their 2.15 pm match on saturday at Rochdale Mayfield is being streamed . Not yet sure which platform.

Tasty coverage all round guaranteed.

But you can't beat watching any of them live if weather and your covid status allows - remember  ' Your Game needs You '

I'll be watching a live game, but being able to watch another or others on tv, probably on catch up is an added bonus. 

22 hours ago, usain bolt said:

No announcement yet but I would guess 'The Sportsman' Youtube channel 👌

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

While they have made many improvements elsewhere in their RL coverage, streaming the early rounds of the Cup is my favourite addition to the BBC's regular offerings.

It really has become an annual highlight for me, for all the other professional and amateur games I watch from around the world.

I think my recent favourite was the tremendous fight that Siddal gave Toronto Wolfpack in a bit of a mud bath.

7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think my recent favourite was the tremendous fight that Siddal gave Toronto Wolfpack in a bit of a mud bath.

One from Memory Lane 1st Round  13 feb 1977 ----

Pilkington Recs 4 Wigan 10 ( 2-3 at half time.) at Knowsley Road.

A year later Pilks led Castleford 20 -13  at half time before going down by a single point.......

32 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

They sound like great games.

Padge will correct me but I believe Wigan had Fairburn , Nulty, Vigo and Francis in the backs alongside forwards Hogan Sorenson and  Irving  , all players whose reputations  have stood the test of time.

Joey Mcabe and Billy Simmons , the Barla International half back partnership of the day, showed little respect and almost played Wigan off the park.....

Alan 'Dingy ' Doran, a St Cuthbert's lad and late replacement for prop Ashcroft saved it late on for the Cherry and Whites  with a telling break......

On 06/01/2022 at 12:19, Just Browny said:

You've probably seen for yourself but noticed it is at Chiswick RU on the 15th with a 1pm kick off.

I'm actually going to attend this game on my Sweeney Todd so do send me a DM if you are there and want to say hello.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'm going to walk over to the Chiswick ground for the Chargers and Ellenborough tie tomorrow. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Are we getting a match thread for round 1 CC @John Drake or just stick to discussing it here? 

I've just posted one up.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/366510-14-16-jan-betfred-challenge-cup-first-round-match-thread/

Archived