Catalans name their group for 2022

audois

Thirty players in all . No 30 jumper goes to prop Florian Vailhen the only French newcomer. Rouges and Franco there joined them mid-season in 2021. New Australian prop Napa has number 22 which was Joel Tomkins spot. 16 French players.

At the moment Langi, Drinkwater and Kaisino plus three Aussie newcomers are still Down under and expected back on 29th December. At the moment 24 players are training at Cabestany and will finish next Tuesday for Christmas break.

Two warm-up games expected as last year TO and a French Elite Selection. Think TO follow suit.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still likely to only be 3 french players make the starting 13 (Yaha, Bousquet & Garcia) and probably only another 1 make the bench with the other 3 spots most likely to be taken up by Napa, May & Kasiano.

But hey, Catalans bring so much to SL allegedly !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Still likely to only be 3 french players make the starting 13 (Yaha, Bousquet & Garcia) and probably only another 1 make the bench with the other 3 spots most likely to be taken up by Napa, May & Kasiano.

You are so boring.

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

It’s not a 13 man game, Catalans have a first team squad of 30, the vast majority if not all of them will play in Super League in 2022. 

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

Maybe we would have more homegrown player if Saints didn't poach them, the dirty ones! Or does it only work one way?

Which ‘homegrown’ Catalans players have Saints poached? 

How many players have Catalans signed that have come from Wigan’s academy? There will be as many of them in Catalans first XIII next year as have come through Catalans own set up.

I have spent many great times in the Pyrenees and was made up when Catalans started out, Catalans have done phenomenally well to reach a Cup Final and Grand Final but the number of homegrown first teamers after all this time makes me despair. You are attempting to pull Saints up with some interesting facts, not sure where you have got these from. You’d better let Saints know that no lads have signed up from the academy to the first team squad this year, just in case they start publicising that they have. 

24 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Which ‘homegrown’ Catalans players have Saints poached? 

How many players have Catalans signed that have come from Wigan’s academy? There will be as many of them in Catalans first XIII next year as have come through Catalans own set up.

I have spent many great times in the Pyrenees and was made up when Catalans started out, Catalans have done phenomenally well to reach a Cup Final and Grand Final but the number of homegrown first teamers after all this time makes me despair. You are attempting to pull Saints up with some interesting facts, not sure where you have got these from. You’d better let Saints know that no lads have signed up from the academy to the first team squad this year, just in case they start publicising that they have. 

Since 2006 over 120 French players have realised their boyhood dream of becoming full time professional RL players in the Super League.

Since 1998, less than 10 players born in Victoria have played for Melbourne Storm. 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Since 2006 over 120 French players have realised their boyhood dream of becoming full time professional RL players in the Super League.

Since 1998, less than 10 players born in Victoria have played for Melbourne Storm. 

That’s a great stat. One to be proud of.

How many French first team regulars can we expect to see running out for Catalans next season? By the way I would love the answer to be a lot higher than it will be.

Just now, Waynebennettswinger said:

That’s a great stat. One to be proud of.

How many French first team regulars can we expect to see running out for Catalans next season? By the way I would love the answer to be a lot higher than it will be.

Melbourne have been at the top of the NRL for 15 years. Had they filled the team with Victorians they would be as #### as West Tigers.

We have relegation in SL and Catalans can attract top class overseas players to the club. The best French players like Casty, Bosc, Bousquet, Ferrioll etc. are as good as anything in SL.

The club has now decided it wants to win silverware. It is doing everything it can to achieve that. It owes the game nothing and is playing within the rules.

24 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Melbourne have been at the top of the NRL for 15 years. Had they filled the team with Victorians they would be as #### as West Tigers.

We have relegation in SL and Catalans can attract top class overseas players to the club. The best French players like Casty, Bosc, Bousquet, Ferrioll etc. are as good as anything in SL.

The club has now decided it wants to win silverware. It is doing everything it can to achieve that. It owes the game nothing and is playing within the rules.

I wouldn’t argue with much of that. It’s been a great joy to watch Casty, Bosc, Gigot and others.

Personally I would like to see them have more French lads playing but as you say they wouldn’t be where they are on that basis. Be interesting to see how Toulouse get on both results wise and in developing French first team players. 

5 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Catalans are a genuine big club, my responses were for Heavy Wig who seems to have gone all Donald Trump with facts. 

Nah I'm not. I was initially just replying to Saint Toppy having a fit.

Nothing against you I was pulling your leg.

Just now, Waynebennettswinger said:

No harm done. Genuinely wishing Catalans all the best for next year, just with a bit more of a French accent mon pote.

I'm going to be very very upset if May gets the utility spot ahead of Mourgue but I'm saving some energy for you know... When May plays ahead of Mourgue

10 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

I'm going to be very very upset if May gets the utility spot ahead of Mourgue but I'm saving some energy for you know... When May plays ahead of Mourgue

There will be no shortage of Superleague clubs wanting Mourque if he loses his spot in their 17.

13 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

I wonder what some may think when they see Saints have signed 6 players for 2022, none from the academy, 5 of them not even British.

They bring so much!

Actually they've signed 10 to 1st team contracts for 2022 with another 4 of those from their Academy - Jon Bennison, Lewis Baxter, Jumah Sambou & Taylor Pemberton.

But hey don't let me spoil your Trump esq claims 🤣

Can we knock on the head this idea that Catalan's sole purpose is to bring through French players and improve the French national team? 

The Catalans are in Super League to be a competitive club within their own right, and are free to field whatever team they see fit within the rules just like everyone else. 

Catalans are not the FFRXII, they're not responsible for developing the game across the whole of France, they're just there to do what 11 other clubs are trying to do and win Super League. It just so happens that, in that time, they have used a combination of English, Antipodean and, yes, even some French, players to do that. Having a core of French talent in the Catalans team was always going to take a generation to come to fruition.

11 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Can we knock on the head this idea that Catalan's sole purpose is to bring through French players and improve the French national team? 

The Catalans are in Super League to be a competitive club within their own right, and are free to field whatever team they see fit within the rules just like everyone else. 

Catalans are not the FFRXII, they're not responsible for developing the game across the whole of France, they're just there to do what 11 other clubs are trying to do and win Super League. It just so happens that, in that time, they have used a combination of English, Antipodean and, yes, even some French, players to do that. Having a core of French talent in the Catalans team was always going to take a generation to come to fruition.

Exactly, had clubs like Wigan and Saints not existed as professional clubs before 2006, how would they have filled their squads to try and be competitive in SL and avoid relegation?

I feel sorry for the decent Saints fans, because the worst Saints fans really are awful.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Except your conveniently forgetting that none of the other SL clubs were directly parachuted into SL under the guise of expansion

Archived