Catalans name their group for 2022

audois

4 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Except your conveniently forgetting that none of the other SL clubs were directly parachuted into SL under the guise of expansion

1 in 10 of all SL squad players next year will be French. In 2005 it was 1 in 100.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Except your conveniently forgetting that none of the other SL clubs were directly parachuted into SL under the guise of expansion

I'm not forgetting anything. 

Catalans' introduction to SL didn't come with conditions or strings attached that they had to take on responsibility for the French talent pool, that the French national team (that they have nothing to do with) had to improve or that they were required to field a certain amount of French players even if doing so would affect their ability to compete with the competition.

23 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

I'm not forgetting anything. 

Catalans' introduction to SL didn't come with conditions or strings attached that they had to take on responsibility for the French talent pool, that the French national team (that they have nothing to do with) had to improve or that they were required to field a certain amount of French players even if doing so would affect their ability to compete with the competition.

As always confusing conditions with benefits.

And at the partner level?

It is the strongest sector. I see partners who come back and double or increase the stake. This is the positive of this Old Trafford campaign, it is direct fallout. In this craze, the commercial services around Christophe Levy have made feats.

Exactly, how many private partners do you count?

We will most certainly exceed this famous mark of 400 and therefore all our forecasts. We're going to beat all the records. For a few years now, we have been at 4 million euros from private partnerships and I think that in 2022, we will be at 5 million coming almost exclusively from the department. It's really an extraordinary performance from our teams.

The club are preparing to disclose the name of the new jersey partner for 2022. Can you tell us more?

I am very happy to see a flagship of local businesses and one of the most successful, being by our side and with a partnership that we had never signed before. It is the logical continuation of all these exploits carried out over the past year and a half and of the extraordinary exhibition. Our club is more recognized abroad than in France through televisions. BeIN's support has also provided and all this allows us to sign larger partnerships. We have marked a big blow in French sport and a local company is ready to support us because it knows that it will have a return of communication and visibility.

Sporting and commercial success are closely linked ...

Yes, but it's not just that. We know that people feel good in Gilbert-Brutus, that they take pleasure and that this atmosphere suits them.

But isn't that all?

It is true that we are talking about the conviviality of our receptives where the partners appreciate the welcome and the exchanges, but we do not skimp on the quality and on the services. Our partners quickly see that we are very generous at the receptive level and I am keen on this, it is the basis of our commercial success. They must not be deceived. There has to be a good atmosphere, a friendship and it's true that people give us back today.

You were already cramped at Brutus at the receptive level. How do you see the future?

We will put the cover back in 2022 and I hope that we will have healthy discussions with the municipality, already having the support of the Departmental Council and the region to finish this stage which is in great need. We must manage to discuss calmly for the future of the XIII in Perpignan. What can be done in Aimé-Giral is none of my business. But today I absolutely want to finish Brutus as planned for many years. I want to finish establishing the club after all the financial arrangements and the efforts we have made to improve the reception, the visibility and the quality of the spaces. We will only be able to go further with the new grandstand and from there the club will be able to settle permanently at the top of the table in Super League competition.

Where are you in negotiations with televisions?

Christophe Levy, is working with his counterpart from Toulouse Olympique, Cédric Garcia and the Federation on a TV project. We will resume negotiations with beIN in January and I hope to strike a deal to resume the soap opera. BeIN is the XIII channel, Rodolphe Pires and Louis Bonnery are fine ambassadors.

How do you see your three recruits for 2022?

It's no secret, I tried everything to get James Maloney to reverse his decision. But when I realized it was done, I immediately thought of Mitchell Pearce, who is in the top five in his job at 32 years old. He is in the lineage of Australian legends, Steve Menzies and Greg Bird. I can already measure the expectation of people in a hurry to see him play Brutus. There is also the mainstay Dylan Napa which the Catalans will love. Tall, tough and physical, it's a profile that appeals here. He comes out of two middle seasons, but at 29, he wants to revive. Finally, there was the opportunity to sign a versatile three-quarter with Tyrone May. At 25 he had a ball with Penrith after the final and it's a godsend for us to have him a year old.

https://www.lindependant.fr/2021/12/15/bernard-guasch-les-dragons-catalans-attirent-de-nouveaux-partenaires-9994510.php  (ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

43 minutes ago, audois said:

I can’t see any link there to the new main shirt sponsor. Who are Zodiac? Is this a good name to have on board? Obviously it’s better than Cash Converters but who are they? Are they well know in France. Until recently I have spent much time in the Pyrenees but I don’t recall this name…that said I hadn’t heard of Asus (Wakefield) so could be a huge company for all I know.

6 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

I can’t see any link there to the new main shirt sponsor. Who are Zodiac? Is this a good name to have on board? Obviously it’s better than Cash Converters but who are they? Are they well know in France. Until recently I have spent much time in the Pyrenees but I don’t recall this name…that said I hadn’t heard of Asus (Wakefield) so could be a huge company for all I know.

I think this is the answer to your question, Wayne.

Zodiac, high perfomance pool equipment (fluidra.com)

On 16/12/2021 at 02:47, Saint Toppy said:

Still likely to only be 3 french players make the starting 13 (Yaha, Bousquet & Garcia) and probably only another 1 make the bench with the other 3 spots most likely to be taken up by Napa, May & Kasiano.

But hey, Catalans bring so much to SL allegedly !!!

They would have more local players if they able to. The jump from French domestic RL to SL is huge. The young French players brought in have to be integrated gradually to adjust to the higher level required. To do it any other way would be detrimental to the club and the players concerned.

With two SL clubs, the game in France is presently top heavy, with local talent thin on the ground. The expectation would be that the base will grow with success at the top but that will take time. At least now young people will see playing RL as a career opportunity. Without SL clubs, RL in France would probably end up dying altogether. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

39 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I think this is the answer to your question, Wayne.

Zodiac, high perfomance pool equipment (fluidra.com)

Interesting sponsorship, with hotter and hotter summers becoming the norm perhaps Europe like Oz will see a proliferation in the installation of backyard pools. Nothing like getting your name out there and attempting to become synonymous with a particular industry. People buy a pool, they think of pool care, they think of Zodiac.

45 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Interesting sponsorship, with hotter and hotter summers becoming the norm perhaps Europe like Oz will see a proliferation in the installation of backyard pools. Nothing like getting your name out there and attempting to become synonymous with a particular industry. People buy a pool, they think of pool care, they think of Zodiac.

Hope they've paid a decent whack and haven't taken the piscine

On 19/12/2021 at 08:57, Scubby said:

Hope they've paid a decent whack and haven't taken the piscine

I`m sure Zodiac would more likely say they are more interested in taking echantillon piscine rather than just taking the piscine.

On 18/12/2021 at 21:11, The Rocket said:

Are you getting commission? 😂

Dragons have closed their opening pre-season on the Mediterranean Sea. Some super images here...

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/237-9190-activite-en-mer-pour-les-dragons/

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 18/12/2021 at 20:49, RayCee said:

They would have more local players if they able to. The jump from French domestic RL to SL is huge. The young French players brought in have to be integrated gradually to adjust to the higher level required. To do it any other way would be detrimental to the club and the players concerned.

With two SL clubs, the game in France is presently top heavy, with local talent thin on the ground. The expectation would be that the base will grow with success at the top but that will take time. At least now young people will see playing RL as a career opportunity. Without SL clubs, RL in France would probably end up dying altogether. 

Excuse after excuse after excuse. Another 15 years from now people on here will still be trotting out the same old excuses why Catalans have next to no French players in their starting line up.

When they joined they had a target % of 1st team players eligible for France (i'm reluctant to fully trust Wiki as this says their target was 75% but I have a recollection of its being somewhere around this figure). For 2022 they'll have just 13 of their top 25 players eligible for France (52%). 15 years down and still nowhere near their target.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

5 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Excuse after excuse after excuse. Another 15 years from now people on here will still be trotting out the same old excuses why Catalans have next to no French players in their starting line up.

When they joined they had a target % of 1st team players eligible for France (i'm reluctant to fully trust Wiki as this says their target was 75% but I have a recollection of its being somewhere around this figure). For 2022 they'll have just 13 of their top 25 players eligible for France (52%). 15 years down and still nowhere near their target.

You don't think 13 of the top 25 players being French in a team that topped the league and made the GF last year is progress?

Woud it be better for development of the game in France for them to have five more Frenchmen in the 25 but be less competitive?  Would you say the existence of Catalans has played a key part in the pathway for Toulouse and more opportunity for French players?

17 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

You don't think 13 of the top 25 players being French in a team that topped the league and made the GF last year is progress?

Woud it be better for development of the game in France for them to have five more Frenchmen in the 25 but be less competitive?  Would you say the existence of Catalans has played a key part in the pathway for Toulouse and more opportunity for French players?

Of those 13 only around half are actually first choice for the match day squad, the rest are there just to make up the numbers.

How much more time do they need before they actually start playing mostly french players, 5 years, 15 years, 30 years ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

51 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I know the Mayor of Perpignan wants Stade Brutus for a professional footy team, but why don't they share with the Dragons? The Dragons could even benefit from some upgrades to the stadium, which they're looking for..............seems like a win-win?

Looks like they are planning another stand.  Guaschs words, several paragraphs down 'you were already cramped at Brutus...'

https://www-lindependant-fr.translate.goog/2021/12/15/bernard-guasch-les-dragons-catalans-attirent-de-nouveaux-partenaires-9994510.php?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

43 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Of those 13 only around half are actually first choice for the match day squad, the rest are there just to make up the numbers.

How much more time do they need before they actually start playing mostly french players, 5 years, 15 years, 30 years ?

Catalans are trying to win Super League they cannot change history in 15 years.

Catalans all time appearances record holder is Remy Casty (French) followed by Gregory Mounis (French); Top try scorer is Vincent Duport (French); Record Points holders is Thomas Bosc (French). Challenge Cup winning Captain was Remy Casty (French), Lead Leaders Shield Captain was Benjamin Garcia (French). Lance Todd Trophy winner was Tony Gigot (French).

Their success and history is littered with very talented French players.

Archived