Chizzy Suspended For 8 Matches

Normy_Rover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/exclusive-rugby-league-dane-chisholm-25705179

Strange one this as hadn't seen anything about it anywhere and it happened months ago. Story says he's appealing against the ban.

Does seem peculiar that it wasn't dealt with through the usual disciplinary timetable. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Nothing would surprise me, as it was Oldham we were playing and thats not far from Leigh, could be a physio from that neck of the woods.

Also why wait from August to put the boot in.      It stinks???????

It seems to me, a harsh punishment, only 2 people were allegedly involved, no third party to corroborate what happened either way.  If it occured, it was a reaction to an unexpected event which resulted in an off the cuff the remark, which is unsavoury but not highly derogatory unless the other person was in fact disabled.  Would this have happened if the words D**khead or W*nker been used? If I'm completely alone in thinking the alleged insult wasn't worth an 8 match ban let me know and I'll delete this post   

How can anybody be suspended for 8 matches on an alleged incident that has no evidence to show it happened? If this is the way things are decided then it is going to become a method of getting rid of a star player by other clubs to enhance their chances of winning matches against that club. With no evidence then it could be a strategy that could be used whenever a club thinks it is useful to them. Totally stupid decision by the RL.

I've no idea what happened.  Doesn't really matter though does it.  Just to put things into perspective - thinking about the worst thing I've ever seen on a rugby pitch - a few years back Ben Flower received what was effectively a 10 match ban for punching someone in the face whilst they lay unconscious on the ground.  Many people on here think that the RFL treat us all equally. At least that gives me something to laugh about.

10 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I've no idea what happened.  Doesn't really matter though does it.  Just to put things into perspective - thinking about the worst thing I've ever seen on a rugby pitch - a few years back Ben Flower received what was effectively a 10 match ban for punching someone in the face whilst they lay unconscious on the ground.  Many people on here think that the RFL treat us all equally. At least that gives me something to laugh about.

Couple of observations. This is sport wide, just not fev.... 

What I'm towing with is the process of arriving at a judgement.

There surely has to be more evidence than one complainant alleging   "he called me a #######" with no other corroboration to find someone guilty?

Cos if this is the case it opens up a whole host of possibilities for making "tactical complaints".

You've read enough of my sheeite on here and we know we have oft taken differing views. But even I'm towing wi this one.

The accusation, the process, evidence and judgement. None of this sits happy with me.

As objective as I try to be, I almost wish this has happened to a player from another club so I could comment freely without the burden of fev bias.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Couple of observations. This is sport wide, just not fev.... 

What I'm towing with is the process of arriving at a judgement.

There surely has to be more evidence than one complainant alleging   "he called me a #######" with no other corroboration to find someone guilty?

Cos if this is the case it opens up a whole host of possibilities for making "tactical complaints".

You've read enough of my sheeite on here and we know we have oft taken differing views. But even I'm towing wi this one.

The accusation, the process, evidence and judgement. None of this sits happy with me.

As objective as I try to be, I almost wish this has happened to a player from another club so I could comment freely without the burden of fev bias.

The absence of anything on the RFL discplinary website doesn't help here, unless anyone has had better luck searching than me? For instance, I'd be particularly interested in what the interchange offical had to say, as he would have been the closest independent witness, probably no more than a few yards away, and also whether the touch judge (who would have been about 15 metres away) heard anything.

For anyone with RoversTV, I'm pretty sure the alleged incident happens at around 46 minutes into the footage at a time when Chisholm was waiting to return to the field after being sin binned. We kick the ball into their 20m, the full back returns the ball and stays down after the tackle, you see the Oldham physio run onto the field to treat him whilst briefly looking back over his shoulder whilst he runs on, about 10 seconds after you see Chisholm returning to the field and into the defensive line after completing his sin binning.

As a point of interest, the physio clearly had plenty to say for himself after the original incident that saw Chisholm being sin binned for kicking out (neither of which were caught on camera)- he seemed particuarly animated when the ref awarded the penalty to Fev for the incident, with the physio imitating the kicking-out action and then holding out his hands in apparent protest.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The absence of anything on the RFL discplinary website doesn't help here, unless anyone has had better luck searching than me? For instance, I'd be particularly interested in what the interchange offical had to say, as he would have been the closest independent witness, probably no more than a few yards away, and also whether the touch judge (who would have been about 15 metres away) heard anything.

I think it's safe to assume they both heard nowt as it would have    in the report instead of

despite there being no evidence to support the allegation, 

So what the Rfl are saying there is no evidence , also we have the offended person running in the opposite direction to the accused with his back turned , no one else on the touch line hears anything or comes forward to support the allegations. Yet the Rfl support the charge and ban the player . Surly they must have to explain their findings and thought process that went into the judgment. As I think someone has mentioned if this finding is based on no evidence it could lead to all sorts of unfounded allegations against players . I would love to read the report but this will have to be the appeal , but knowing our standing in these matters it will probably see an increase in the matches . 

51 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Quite possibly, but I'd like to read that on the RFL website, not the Daily Star. Nothing at all yet about the case from the RFL.

Good luck with that  PH  no mention of of  it anywhere in the RFL universe if reports are true can't wait to see  their justification cos been told by one of my best mates from uni who has just retired as a barrister in the high courts in london if no evidence then it's defamation and chizzy can sue the lad and the RFL for false statements about him that injure his  reputation 🤣

5 hours ago, POR said:

Good luck with that  PH  no mention of of  it anywhere in the RFL universe if reports are true can't wait to see  their justification cos been told by one of my best mates from uni who has just retired as a barrister in the high courts in london if no evidence then it's defamation and chizzy can sue the lad and the RFL for false statements about him that injure his  reputation 🤣

Nice thought but if that really was your Learned Friends advice then I'm glad I never had to hire the Brief before his retirement. 

On 16/12/2021 at 16:55, POR said:

I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy against our club. I have followed Fev for around 83 years and know a lot of Featherstone people and supporters. I hear the abuse on the smaller stand and looking at the people causing the noise cannot recognise one face. Is it possible that non Feaherstone supporters are shouting and making the abusive comments in order that the Rovers get the backlash?  Chizzy is now getting accused without evidence. Has any of the hierarchy thought about looking down this other avenue of outside mischief in order that we get suspensions and fines. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a group that is deliberately trying to blacklist our club for their benefit.  

Did the physio have a limp or Chisholm just a potty mouth?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived