Chizzy Suspended For 8 Matches

Normy_Rover

43 minutes ago, Griff said:

I think you need to read the rule book, coolie.

Chizzy's suspended until he wins - if he wins - his appeal.   Any games in the meantime, including no more than two friendlies, will count towards his eight.

So he'll be banned for a minimum of 6 league games then🤔🤔

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, spanishknight said:

April first

So are you saying 4 matches or 1. Or is it only April Fools day? Or will the 8 matches be taken from a cardboard box before a strike?  

On 19/12/2021 at 12:48, spanishknight said:

And me, were all past that in York.

Not quite I'm afraid, my boy is 9 now and watches Rovers regularly, he used to go to away games but hasn't had the confidence to go away  since August 2019 now after an unsavoury event at Bootham crescent which almost resulted in him being knocked down by a car. 

The back story to this was that my son and I had been in the main stand sat down with the York supporters. We cheered when we (Alex Sutcliffe) scored and TBF there was no problem. However later in the first half Dane was sin binned and the amount of effing and c ing and questioning his parentage that followed his dismissal wasn't suitable for my lad so I took him out of the stand. As we got to the bottom of the stand I noticed Dane's partner and their little child, she was visibly frightened (TBF the fans didn't know who she was but it still wasn't pleasant for her to hear this sort of treatment) We went asked steward to open a gate and let us in to the Fev section. 

After about 65 minutes my lad was still on edge and asked if we could leave early. I agreed and took him out as we had just exited the stadium on the terraced houses street  a man of about 40 years in a wheelchair greeted us (we both had Fev shirts on) with 'you Featherstone c***s' 

To which my son panicked and ran away across the road without looking, thankfully a car driver saw him and slowed down in time. 

I get that this idiot was a member of the public and not necessarily a knights' fan but it seemed a terrifying scenario to a 7 year old at the time. 

He also knew that in his predicament that no one would have a go back at him so used his abuse as a 'free shot'. 

In summary, many teams have fans that are not doing their teams a favour, yes some more than others. However for the ones dishing abuse out, think about who maybe sat around you. 

I remember we played Fulham in 1982, a member of our support was giving Neil Tuffs (on Fulham duty that day) some horrible abuse. 

The bloke didn't realise  Neil's brother and Alsatian were stood just behind him, let's say that it was lesson learnt for said bloke. 

24 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Not quite I'm afraid, my boy is 9 now and watches Rovers regularly, he used to go to away games but hasn't had the confidence to go away  since August 2019 now after an unsavoury event at Bootham crescent which almost resulted in him being knocked down by a car. 

The back story to this was that my son and I had been in the main stand sat down with the York supporters. We cheered when we (Alex Sutcliffe) scored and TBF there was no problem. However later in the first half Dane was sin binned and the amount of effing and c ing and questioning his parentage that followed his dismissal wasn't suitable for my lad so I took him out of the stand. As we got to the bottom of the stand I noticed Dane's partner and their little child, she was visibly frightened (TBF the fans didn't know who she was but it still wasn't pleasant for her to hear this sort of treatment) We went asked steward to open a gate and let us in to the Fev section. 

After about 65 minutes my lad was still on edge and asked if we could leave early. I agreed and took him out as we had just exited the stadium on the terraced houses street  a man of about 40 years in a wheelchair greeted us (we both had Fev shirts on) with 'you Featherstone c***s' 

To which my son panicked and ran away across the road without looking, thankfully a car driver saw him and slowed down in time. 

I get that this idiot was a member of the public and not necessarily a knights' fan but it seemed a terrifying scenario to a 7 year old at the time. 

He also knew that in his predicament that no one would have a go back at him so used his abuse as a 'free shot'. 

In summary, many teams have fans that are not doing their teams a favour, yes some more than others. However for the ones dishing abuse out, think about who maybe sat around you. 

I remember we played Fulham in 1982, a member of our support was giving Neil Tuffs (on Fulham duty that day) some horrible abuse. 

The bloke didn't realise  Neil's brother and Alsatian were stood just behind him, let's say that it was lesson learnt for said bloke. 

Sorry to hear that Andrew, as you say all clubs have idiots no matter how small, can't understand them at all all I want to do is watch and enjoy a game of rugby and hope my team manages a win.

.Went on RL disciplinary site re when the Chisholm appeal is likely to be. No mention except "4 no charges" for last season.

Typical RL

On 23/01/2022 at 15:38, haskey said:

Typical RL

Funny thing  H Player gets 3 games for punching and chizzy gets 8 for saying naughty word so from now on if a players got a grievance better to keep their mouth shut and smack him in the head instead 

Well today's the day after the lord's mayor's show but unlike tuther day when they were quick to post PP getting off on their twitter still nowt about  chizzy anywhere on the RFL  even more strange nowt from the club seems a bit cloak and dagger 

20 minutes ago, POR said:

Well today's the day after the lord's mayor's show but unlike tuther day when they were quick to post PP getting off on their twitter still nowt about  chizzy anywhere on the RFL  even more strange nowt from the club seems a bit cloak and dagger 

There's nowt to tell yet. 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

There's nowt to tell yet. 

WHY not R the appeal was last night please don't tell me they are all still sat in a locked room and won't  come out till his ban is over 

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The appeal is today.

Cheers PH my mistake thought it was last night so we can all now sit with bated breath while the RFL justify his ban🤣

It's difficult to anticipate what might come out of the appeal, not least because, unless I'm mistaken, at no stage have the RFL ever mentioned or acknowledged that they have suspended Chisholm, let alone given reasoning behind the ban.

You'd think it will be tricky getting any kind of result, the disciplinary panel clearly believed the physio last time and I doubt they'll be dragging him in again so it would presumably be difficult to do an about-turn.

Maybe some type of reduction in the ban might be possible but as the RFL haven't told us what grading the offence was it's hard to say. Presumably he's been charged under rule 15.1 (f) "Uses offensive or obscene language - verbal abuse based on disability" which can only carry a Grade E or Grade F ban, Grade E guidelines are 4-8 games and Grade F is 8+ games  so potentially there might be scope for his ban to be decreased, or indeed increased.

If Chizzy said it he deserves his ban although i would put it down to frustration.If he didn't he should be playing he has been judged without witnesses and suspended on the likelyhood that the physio is telling the truth.Why didn't Chizzy serve him with a writ for deformation of character and compensation for loss of earnings.The club has done nothing to help his cause by keeping quiet and hoping it goes away.

33 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

.The club has done nothing to help his cause by keeping quiet and hoping it goes away.

You must have missed these...

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/club-statement-dane-chisholm-rrhQ2/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/exclusive-rugby-league-dane-chisholm-25705179

The ban has left the club seething and chief executive Martin Vickers has accused the RFL of having an agenda against them.

He said: “There was absolutely no corroborating evidence to support the allegation.

“It was one man’s word against another. It came down to who the tribunal believed, but that can’t be right.

“There’s not a single club in the game that does more than we do to help those people with disabilities - and Dane is heavily involved in all of this.

“The RFL have a preoccupation with our club for some reason. It’s like they don’t want us to get into Super League.”

19 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You must have missed these...

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/club-statement-dane-chisholm-rrhQ2/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/exclusive-rugby-league-dane-chisholm-25705179

The ban has left the club seething and chief executive Martin Vickers has accused the RFL of having an agenda against them.

He said: “There was absolutely no corroborating evidence to support the allegation.

“It was one man’s word against another. It came down to who the tribunal believed, but that can’t be right.

“There’s not a single club in the game that does more than we do to help those people with disabilities - and Dane is heavily involved in all of this.

“The RFL have a preoccupation with our club for some reason. It’s like they don’t want us to get into Super League.”

Not done much good has it.Why didn't the club appeal and take it to arbitration  when the ban was announced.Threaten the RFL with legal action unless they can provide witness statements.In civil cases in USA all 6 jurors have to find the defendant guilty or they walk.you should not be able to ban or find people guilty on the grounds of probability.Get a good Brief and the RFL will fill their britches.

Archived