• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Yes.

And very nice it is too. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Can’t wait for this now should be a cracking game I have talked 3 lads from work to come and watch let’s hope we get a great game. 

Fev looked good last week but losing koppy will be a blow and Chisholm is not in the squad so probably best time to play them.

Shame about Harris stupid thing to do in friendly although the punishment was very harsh will be interesting to see how we line up in the half’s will Matty play in the half’s? I imagine he would and put Harrison at full back but whatever should be a cracking game and a cracking atmosphere.

9 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

The wind is going to be a bit of a leveller tomorrow night.

I did advise against baked beans on the pre-match menu, What was wrong with the pasta?

outplayed by a better team, who if they play with that level of discipline and skill for the rest of the season will go up and fully deserve to.

we however made far too many errors and could never really get a foothold in the match, our line speed was concerning as was yards conceded after contact....plenty to work on for the future

2 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

outplayed by a better team, who if they play with that level of discipline and skill for the rest of the season will go up and fully deserve to.

we however made far too many errors and could never really get a foothold in the match, our line speed was concerning as was yards conceded after contact....plenty to work on for the future

We were always going to struggle with 2 halfbacks missing, Harrison played well at F.B. but he's no Marshy.

I think the score flattered us Fev were much stronger I thought there 13 was outstanding and Thompson for us was outstanding too. 

Disappointed with Pauli Pauli I dont think he offered a great deal I don’t know if he’s injured but expecting more from him he looked unfit.

Things to work on for Dewsbury there were glimpses I thought Joe Brown played well.

As for Fev it’s frightening they played with probably there second choice half’s they have lots of players to come in they are the side to beat this season I think they will win the league they have strength in depth too plus there dual reg with Leeds which I doubt they will use.

I thought Fev would put more on us so while never being happy with defeat I’m glad we kept it competitive. 

Play the ball was a real issue, never really made yards whereas Fev constantly got past our markers. Passing has to be more accurate from the play the ball too, a lot of passes were going into the receivers face or along the ground. Ellis has missed finding touch from penalties in 2 games and can’t keep doing that. Defence is definitely working harder though. It will come.

Pauli doesn’t seem fit and in the 2nd half was standing back a lot, hope we see more from him. Thompson was superb but we really need someone to be following him because he’s got really good footwork and makes a few breaks with rarely anyone in support.

Good crowd too, 3602. Our last weekday match (not including bank holiday matches) drew 451 just 5 years ago so a real improvement and decent atmosphere. 

As said above a bit deflating to say the least , thankfully only game one as said against probably the best side(with Leigh) in the league .

Fantastic following from fev who backed their team all the way , a bit more support from our fan's wouldn't go a miss , anyway the rams on Sunday , lick our wounds and go again.😀😀😀

Very flat atmosphere from the York fans tonight but that probably stems from the fact that we never got going on the pitch,we need the two missing half backs back asap.

Not too concerned as Fev are favourites to go up but a defeat to Dewsbury will start early alarm bells ringing.

Thompson m.o.m. by a country mile .Pauli Pauli needs to get himself involved more and our scrum half could do to speed it up like Morgan Smith did for them.

Enjoyable game, congratulations to Fev., deserving winners As for the size of the crowd, the announced figure was surely wrong. North stand was full (c.900), East stand was almost full, (c3,700), and there were fans in the South stand as well. I would imagine there were possibly 1,000 more at the game than the figure announced. 

Thompson was great. Ronan Micheal tried hard and Brown is good under the high ball from offensive kicks. Harrison did well for a young lad, but Marsh‘s are big boots to fill at FB. Other than that it was very disappointIng  after the first 20 mins. Line speed was shocking. Why step forward a yard and then just wait for Fev to tear into you at pace? Sorry Mr Delaney - start to earn your wage.  Fev are good and they bombed a few chances - frightening when you look at who wasn’t playing for them. Maybe Dewsbury will be a more realistic market of where we are at. As for PP I’m assuming he isn’t fit?  If he is and that’s his typical level of interest then I would not be a very happy coach...

Think you're all being a bit harsh really. Fev will be head and shoulders above anyone else in the league, they are mostly full time. Thought a lot of our lads showed well tonight, yes there were errors but after last year's dirge I think it's a great start. If we had started against barrow and walloped them everyone would be saying we should win the league, this is a better marker of where we are. Not many teams will get beat by fev by only 18. 

And just bear in mind SK that young Harro is 18. Saved 3 tries on the night, one by holding a player up over the line on his own, so well done on the positivity for the lad.

Interesting points ,  Is it because we expect so much more ,  yes difficult to believe this club nearly went under about six years ago ,   with fev and Leigh in a battle for superleague perhaps top six this year would be amazing , thankfully only a short week now till Dewsbury on Sunday , York and still proud .😀😀😀

Not harsh at all,without constructive criticism you'll never get better and that is all these comments have been,people looking at ways to improve.

We should be looking at winning every game we go into and there needs to be a certain amount of disappointment if we lose.I bet Fordy launches into them this week about slow play the ball,dropping off tackles in the section half and not making touch with penalty kicks.

Hard game is Rugby league and needs to be played by hard men who can take a bit of flak now and again.

Archived