Fev at home.

spanishknight

16 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Chap selling them outside turnstiles 4-6 seemed to have very few. What was the print run, Simon (if that's not commercially sensitive)?

Not for me to say. I'll mention to the club about sellers not being very visible though (didn't see anyone myself), little point in selling them if people can't find them. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Not for me to say. I'll mention to the club about sellers not being very visible though (didn't see anyone myself), little point in selling them if people can't find them. 

Yes, I've emailed the club myself. It all helps.

Funnily enough, buying a York City FC programme is equally difficult. Never a problem with either club at Bootham Crescent. You were pretty much assaulted by programme sellers at the entrance!

18 hours ago, Roger York said:

I think the score flattered us Fev were much stronger I thought there 13 was outstanding and Thompson for us was outstanding too. 

Disappointed with Pauli Pauli I dont think he offered a great deal I don’t know if he’s injured but expecting more from him he looked unfit.

Things to work on for Dewsbury there were glimpses I thought Joe Brown played well.

As for Fev it’s frightening they played with probably there second choice half’s they have lots of players to come in they are the side to beat this season I think they will win the league they have strength in depth too plus there dual reg with Leeds which I doubt they will use.

Don't know if Pauli Pauli was fit,but is certainly not a second rower,needs to play prop can't carry players who aren't fit and playing in the wrong position.

2 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Thompson MOM by a country mile, shame there was nobody backing him up on the 4/5 occasions he stuck his head through the line. 

Not much to add that everybody else hasn't already said. Line speed and PTB's were a massive difference. Fev made metres with ease where we really struggled. Their defence was up on us in line with the PTB to meet our attacker whereas they were already running onto the ball and well past the PTB before they met us and made 5+ metres after contact on a number of occasions.

Shame about the language from some of their fans, and it wasn't "just a few" of them either.

Thought Thompson was the best knights player on the park,but second best on the night against a good fev side

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

Yes, I've emailed the club myself. It all helps.

Funnily enough, buying a York City FC programme is equally difficult. Never a problem with either club at Bootham Crescent. You were pretty much assaulted by programme sellers at the entrance!

Yes you were lol 😆

14 minutes ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Onwards and upwards. Lots of positives to look at. Anyone notice a lot of passes above the head instead of the breadbasket, making it difficult to get momentum? 

Yes. Maybe just lack of game time, mind. It's a long season. Plenty of chance to get things right.

A bit disappointing all in all. Fev are very good for this league, but apart from some heroic defending we didnt offer much. Line speed was very poor in the first half. We just invited them on. Nobody looked like breaking the line. A lack of half backs didnt help but that cant be used as an excuse for the lack of cohesion with ball in hand. There were some plus points. Thompson looks a cracking signing and was head and shoulders above the rest. i thought Michael worked hard and the new backs look like they could be an improvement once we get our act together with the ball in hand. Pauli2 is big but thats about it. He needs to be much fitter and sharper. Is Ellis carrying some extra timber? No obvious signs that we've progressed but there will be much easier games and chance for us to get our game together.

11 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Anyone know if there were any injuries from the Fev game, saw Matty limping and 2Ps didn't look 100%.

Jack went off late on suspected hamstring , Matty seemed to shake it off , few cramping up , Pauli Pauli , lot said about him but needs a few games before we can assess .

18 hours ago, YCKBob said:

Is Ellis carrying some extra timber?

He's always been a bit of a fad lad has Jamie. It hasn't stopped the porkmeister from being a very good player. He will go really well. Always does. 

Pauli Pauli is the same shape as me. As someone who would like to see York and fordy do OK, this concerns me.

10 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Disappointed as I was with how little headway our forwards made, let's give some credit to Fev's excellent defensive effort on Monday - Fordy's sides have generally been good at taking the ball out of yardage.

They tackle the correct way one up the other legs , look how many times we were swatted off only one up , fev forwards hunted likes pack should , not many champ sides will deal , let alone make much headway against them , back to basics for us!.

Archived