Every Super League club’s 1st choice 17

Most clubs have finished or almost finished their recruitment for the start of the season, let’s get every Super League club’s likely 1st choice 17 in one place.

Leeds 

1 Richie Myler

2 David Fusitu’a 

3 Harry Newman 

4 Liam Sutcliffe

5 Ash Handley

6 Blake Austin 

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Mikolaj Oldeksi

9 Kruise Leeming

10 Matt Prior

11 James Bentley

12 Rhyse Martin

13 Zane Tetevano

14 Brad Dwyer

15 Tom Holroyd 

16 Alex Mellor

17 Cameron Smith

Jack Walker, Tom Briscoe, Bodene Thompson, Morgan Gannon, Jack Broadbent, James Donaldson 

11 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Is Gannon going on dual registration or loan? I thought I read he was. Good prospect.

He might go on DR but I'd be very surprised if he was sent on loan. He's essentially a first team player already - as mentioned above I'd go so far as to say he is a first 17 player already, but clearly needs carefully managing given his age. His potential is out of this world though and I hope Leeds are working on that contract extension because he will be in huge demand soon if not already.

24 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Sorry, I realised that but I thought I had actually seen his name mentioned as going on Dual Registration specifically. 

Well there's this -

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/featherstone-rovers-set-to-add-super-league-stars-to-their-ranks-46387/

“The reserves grade is not week in week out and that’s why Leeds could send the likes of Morgan Gannon or Levi Edwards to Featherstone – I’m not saying that is happening – but it is possible,” The Game Caller journalist said on the show.

Which is interesting right up until you see the website it was posted on and the source of the report.

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

Well there's this -

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/featherstone-rovers-set-to-add-super-league-stars-to-their-ranks-46387/

Which is interesting right up until you see the website it was posted on and the source of the report.

It wasn’t from there but that doesn’t mean that they didn’t both originate from the same place. Perhaps I was confused in any case, has O’Connor gone on loan? 

Looking forward to Leeds challenging again this year. They have their best squad in years IMHO.

A couple of positions that I'm not sure about for Hull. Confident this will be the 17, just not certain who will start and who will play where in the pack.

1. Jake Connor

2. Darnell McIntosh

3. Carlos Tuimavave

4. Josh Griffin

5. Adam Swift

6. Josh Reynolds

7. Luke Gale

8. Scott Taylor

9. Danny Houghton

10. Chris Satae

11. Manu Mau

12. Andre Savelio

13. Jordan Lane

14. Ligi Sao

15. Kane Evans

16. Joe Cator

17. Joe Lovodua

12 hours ago, MZH said:

A couple of positions that I'm not sure about for Hull. Confident this will be the 17, just not certain who will start and who will play where in the pack.

1. Jake Connor

2. Darnell McIntosh

3. Carlos Tuimavave

4. Josh Griffin

5. Adam Swift

6. Josh Reynolds

7. Luke Gale

8. Scott Taylor

9. Danny Houghton

10. Chris Satae

11. Manu Mau

12. Andre Savelio

13. Jordan Lane

14. Ligi Sao

15. Kane Evans

16. Joe Cator

17. Joe Lovodua

I just don't see it when it comes to Jordan Lane. Think he's average at best, which is a sign of most of what has come through our academy.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Brierley

Sio Watkins* Sarginson Burgess

Croft Sneyd

Wells* Ackers Vuniyayawa

Wright Livett

Taylor 

Atkin Burke Akauola Johnson 

Asterisked Watkins and Wells as their selection is heavily caveated by their respective injury records. If not, Lafai and Ormondroyd/Luckley will come in. Time will tell but very happy with our recruitment bar reservations over Akauola. 

18 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Brierley

Sio Watkins* Sarginson Burgess

Croft Sneyd

Wells* Ackers Vuniyayawa

Wright Livett

Taylor 

Atkin Burke Akauola Johnson 

Asterisked Watkins and Wells as their selection is heavily caveated by their respective injury records. If not, Lafai and Ormondroyd/Luckley will come in. Time will tell but very happy with our recruitment bar reservations over Akauola. 

I’d definitely have ormondroyd and luckley in over Johnson and Burke, otherwise I’d go with something very similar. Still believe we need another prop hopefully we can get one but we will see. Also be interesting to see we’re lafai fits in.

Ratchford

Charnley

King

Mata’utia

Ashton

Widdop

Williams

Cooper

Clark

Philbin

Holmes

Currie

Magoulias

Mulhern

Bullock

Hughes

Walker

Doubts over who will play 13, but guessing Magoulias to start with Hughes off the bench. Still think we are too light up front, Philbin will need to find his form of a couple of years ago & Bullock needs to really step up from his Wigan form. Interesting to see how Powell gets them playing.

18 hours ago, Charlie said:

I’d definitely have ormondroyd and luckley in over Johnson and Burke, otherwise I’d go with something very similar. Still believe we need another prop hopefully we can get one but we will see. Also be interesting to see we’re lafai fits in.

I like Luckley a lot tbf and if he kicks on again he will definitely be in the 17.

I think we all want an extra prop but that isn't sounding likely. If Akauola can deliver then we'll be fine but that remains to be seen.

6 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

I like Luckley a lot tbf and if he kicks on again he will definitely be in the 17.

I think we all want an extra prop but that isn't sounding likely. If Akauola can deliver then we'll be fine but that remains to be seen.

I’m quite optimistic about akauola, think he will go well for us. Wells looks bigger aswell and I reckon he will have a good year. Overall I know are squad isn’t the biggest and a lot of people have us at the bottom but I’m looking forward to next year, think we could shock a few.

22 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I’m quite optimistic about akauola, think he will go well for us. Wells looks bigger aswell and I reckon he will have a good year. Overall I know are squad isn’t the biggest and a lot of people have us at the bottom but I’m looking forward to next year, think we could shock a few.

Got to admit, as a neutral, when I’ve looked at where I think teams will finish that I have Salford struggling. I certainly hope that’s not the case and that they can catch a few teams ‘cold.’ For them to do that, they will have to get the best out of the pack and hope that Croft and Sneyd can build on that momentum. The back line has as much if not more quality than most other Super League side IMHO. 

Archived