Fev and Leigh to join SL 2022

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be exemptions for professional sports so this won't be an issue. However if it did come to pass I imagine SL would just run with ten clubs (not a number I'd approve of normally) rather than let substandard clubs in to dilute the comp.

4 hours ago, M j M said:

There will be exemptions for professional sports so this won't be an issue. However if it did come to pass I imagine SL would just run with ten clubs (not a number I'd approve of normally) rather than let substandard clubs in to dilute the comp.

The info below is taken from bbc news. Travel is restricted rather than banned. Despite some small town Championship clubs best wishes, Elite sports will be able to continue in 2022 as they did this year. Whether fans can travel to watch their side is another matter, I expect probably not in February, but by the summer travel will be fully opened up.

France is tightening Covid restrictions for travellers arriving from the UK, as the government in Paris tries to slow the spread of the Omicron variant.

From Saturday, most travellers who are not French residents or citizens must give a "compelling reason".

Some lorry drivers and students will be able to travel, but Brits visiting relatives are not currently listed.

8 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

To replace the French clubs as travel into France banned?

Well, that post woke us up from our pre-Christmas lethargy. 😀 . I think we'll find its a short -term situation, a bit like Leigh's presence in Super League.  

According to Reuters, France reported  65,713 new Covid cases on Wednesday 15th Dec, , its highest for 13 months. France’s infection rate is 516 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days.

5 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I'm sooooo glad to see that you are looking on the bright side.   You lot in the U.K. just racked up 88,000+ positive Covid cases today.......another new daily record.......

Let's see where Chelsea play there next round of champions league footy

8 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

To replace the French clubs as travel into France banned?

With no additional central distribution and the squads they have now?

Sounds like a very well thought out plan.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Wire quin said:

Let's see where Chelsea play there next round of champions league footy

Its a crazy world 

We are in fact world leaders in covid variants and this is the place to be if you want to get infected

The tories are rattling cages in case the free market economy grinds to a half 

7 hours ago, M j M said:

SL ensured there would be a substandard club in the comp last season by only announcing a club to be promoted on Dec 14th at a time when there would be no one left to sign, and awarding them a much reduced funding, or has that slipped your memory?

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

or has that slipped your memory?

Leigh's presence in last season's Super League was eminently forgettable.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Leigh's presence in last season's Super League was eminently forgettable.

Yes of course it was but it was also fabricated to be that way.

Also would you expect if a ban on travel to France came about and SL would be 2 club's short that SKY would not insist on the number's being raised for the TV schedules.

I would not want my team or any other contender for the Championship crown to be promoted, they have the makings of a very vibrant competition next season. If the numbers did have to be made up to suit SKY then take two of the expected bottom dwellers from the Championship to make up the number's, after all in popular opinion anyone at this late stage who got promoted would be in a hiding to nothing, wouldn't they? Leigh in my opinion were stupid in accepting the conditions they did last season, they should have demanded more funding than any other SL club or told them to stick it, and so should any other Championship club for what is in all purpose just helping SL out of a problem.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Yes of course it was but it was also fabricated to be that way.

Also would you expect if a ban on travel to France came about and SL would be 2 club's short that SKY would not insist on the number's being raised for the TV schedules.

I would not want my team or any other contender for the Championship crown to be promoted, they have the makings of a very vibrant competition next season. If the numbers did have to be made up to suit SKY then take two of the expected bottom dwellers from the Championship to make up the number's, after all in popular opinion anyone at this late stage who got promoted would be in a hiding to nothing, wouldn't they? Leigh in my opinion were stupid in accepting the conditions they did last season, they should have demanded more funding than any other SL club or told them to stick it, and so should any other Championship club for what is in all purpose just helping SL out of a problem.

That's a lot of words.

What I would expect to happen is, if there are issues, that we revert back to the percentage and minimum game approach with the line-up as it is now.

I agree with you about the Championship. It should be a good competition this year.

7 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I'm sooooo glad to see that you are looking on the bright side.   You lot in the U.K. just racked up 88,000+ positive Covid cases today.......another new daily record.......

Yep, we do have a good system of reporting new cases, a good system of delivering the vaccine and far fewer positive cases entering hospitals at the moment.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived