Fev and Leigh to join SL 2022

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It's a bit of a chuckle though.... I reckon the sweaty fella is wazzin himself at some expected replies. I may be wrong....šŸ¤£

I know lol, though given some of his previous posting history I do worry that he is deadly serious šŸ˜…

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, M j M said:

Has there been a season in SL where they haven't been an embarrassment on and off the field? They really must have reached the point that only desperate players and coaches will sign for them now.

Other than place the emoji I will just say it, you are a sad and bitter man MjM just because a geographical accident of birth places us in towns and cities that either have successful club's or otherwise what gives you the right to stick your nose in the air and belittle those beneath you?

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not a clue LD, but if you go shopping with nothing left on the shelves you don't spend very much do you.

So, planning for the future and what players or staff you would like or are available should have been left to the last minute by the applicants?

I would expect Leigh to be looking at players for this year and also for the next years, should they get promotion. Ā Knowing that there isnā€™t much time (which there hasnā€™t been for some years now) to recruit if you win promotion should be a priority of and club who is going for promotion. Ā 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Other than place the emoji I will just say it, you are a sad and bitter man MjM just because a geographical accident of birth places us in towns and cities that either have successful club's or otherwise what gives you the right to stick your nose in the air and belittle those beneath you?

Sorry if the truth is painful for you.Ā 

7 minutes ago, binosh said:

Leigh did their bit last year by standing in and helping SL fulfil their fixture list and honour the Sky deal with a Championship team.

If that situation ever came up again id tell them to go f*** themselves.

Aw good old Leigh doing all that just for the good of the game. No ulterior motives at all. I thought it was just an attempt to get into Super League but obviously didn't see how it was just for the good of the game.

If that situation came up again Leigh would do exactly the same.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Aw good old Leigh doing all that just for the good of the game. No ulterior motives at all. I thought it was just an attempt to get into Super League but obviously didn't see how it was just for the good of the game.

If that situation came up again Leigh would do exactly the same.

As you know, if you go back to the threads from the time, there are quite a few people believing that Degsy has played a blinder because Leigh will now be guaranteed to be in SL in 2022.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.Ā (Terry Pratchett)

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Careful AT one of the big city contingent on these pages was belittling small town teams!

TBH Harry it has never bothered me about supporters of the big teams having a pop at a club like Cas. Ā Because on the odd occasion when we take the cane out of the cupboard and give them a damn good spanking I know it hurts them more than they hurt us.

The reality is that CasĀ is a small town team and I accept that. Ā Also I have never supported the SC as a means to level out the competition to give small town teams a greater chance. Ā IMHO that has been to the detriment of the game as a whole as IĀ believe the game would have got greater exposure over the last twenty five years by having clubs like Leeds, Wigan, Saints and Warrington battling to sign top class NRL and RU players that leads to raising the profile of the game.

Anyway I digress, I disagree with the OP. Ā Run with ten if Toulouse and Catalans are unable to take the field.

5 hours ago, binosh said:

Leigh did their bit last year by standing in and helping SL fulfil their fixture list and honour the Sky deal with a Championship team.

I believe that's the clubs stance now with the same circumstances

5 hours ago, binosh said:

It certainly stopped the usual dead beats at the bottom end of SL getting relegated.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Has there been a season in SL where they haven't been an embarrassment on and off the field? They really must have reached the point that only desperate players and coaches will sign for them now.

Well out of the three 2017 was the best , beating Saints , Wigan , Wire and Hull , not finishing bottom and being a dropped pass from staying upĀ 

And a dropped pass from beating LeedsĀ 

It was a most enjoyable seasonĀ 

16 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I'm sooooo glad to see that you are looking on the bright side.Ā  Ā You lot in the U.K. just racked up 88,000+ positive Covid cases today.......another new daily record.......

So, does that mean 67 million people in the UK haven't got Covid?

Archived