Australia Trade deal RL benefit

Bearman

According to the deal that has been announced part of the UK/ Australia trade deal is there will be “ easy” visas for U35s who will be able to work on a special visa for up to 3 years.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

7 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Great outcome for Outback serial killers.

Not so great for Commonwealth citizens looking for bar work in London.

given the nationwide shortage of hospitality workers, which even before this new not-a-lockdown was leading to many places on reduced opening hours and smaller menus, I'm not sure your second sentence is true.

3 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

I do like the Poms. I just couldn’t eat a whole one.

Especially after a regulation ''pommie shower''.

I need to see the terms of the deal, so I may be unnecessarily fearful, but my concern is that due to the huge imbalance between the strength of the games in each Hemisphere, any liberalisation will hit us worst. 

If its easier for young British talent to bolt for Oz, while at the same time easier for southern Hemisphere journeymen to play here, how does that help the British game?

Maybe someone can put a more positive interpretation on it for me. 

7 hours ago, Bearman said:

According to the deal that has been announced part of the UK/ Australia trade deal is there will be “ easy” visas for U35s who will be able to work on a special visa for up to 3 years.

Stanley Gene just sneaks in

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

I need to see the terms of the deal, so I may be unnecessarily fearful, but my concern is that due to the huge imbalance between the strength of the games in each Hemisphere, any liberalisation will hit us worst. 

If its easier for young British talent to bolt for Oz, while at the same time easier for southern Hemisphere journeymen to play here, how does that help the British game?

Maybe someone can put a more positive interpretation on it for me. 

Isn’t it easy for British talent to go to Australia anyway? There’s enough of them there. 

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I do like the Poms. I just couldn’t eat a whole one.

Its PoHM - Prisoner of Her Majesty- PoHMs are actually Aussies as that was the nickname given to them on the slave ships.

However with their famous lack of a sense of humour its the only thing they have to cling onto - at the Cricket and Rugby, they certainly can't make up and decent chants.

Archived