HOW MANY OF THE CURRENT (Not other ones) RUGBY LEAGUE GROUNDS HAVE YOU VISITED

Hi There,

Some fun here to bide the time how many of the current 37 professional rugby league clubs have you watched a match at (Must be home club NOT TESTS)

I will start

SUPER LEAGUE

CASTLEFORD TIGERS YES

CATALAN DRAGONS YES

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS YES

HULL FC YES

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS YES

LEEDS RHINOS YES

SALFORD RED DEVILS NO

ST HELENS NO

TOULOUSE YES

WAKEFIELD TRINITY YES

WARRINGTON WOLVES YES

WIGAN WARRIORS YES

CHAMPIONSHIP

BARROW RAIDERS YES

BATLEY BULLDOGS YES

BRADFORD BULLS YES

DEWSBURY RAMS YES

FEATHERSTIONE ROVERS YES

HAILFAX PANTHERS YES

LEIGH CENTURIONS NO

LONDON BRONCOS NO (New stadium will be at Broncos v York on March 6th)

NEWCASTLE THUNDER NO

SHEFFIELD EAGLES NO

WIDNES VIKINGS YES

WHITEHAVEN YES

WORKINGTON TOWN YES

YORK CITY KNIGHTS NO

CHAMPIONSHIP 1

CORNWALL NO (Will be at Cornwall v Keighley Cougars on June 11th or June 12th)

DONCASTER NO (Only test match v France so NOT counted)

HUNSLET HAWKS NO

KEIGHLEY COUGARS NO (Only Fiji v South Africa)

MIDLAND HURRICANES NO

NORTH WALES CRUSADERS NO

OLDHAM ROUGHYEDS NO

ROCHDALE HORNETS NO

SWINTON LIONS NO

WEST WALES RAIDERS NO

So not counting London Broncos and Cornwall I make that 19 out of 35 (Not counting Broncos/Cornwall) 

Rules are doesn't matter what division the team were in however must be where they play now (Hence my low score in League 1 as have been to the old Doncaster/Hunslet at Elland Road/Oldham Watershedings/Rochdale/Swinton Station Road)

+ over 100 grounds watching the Broncos play at home:)) Only joking but prob around 15 LOL:)

Paul

GOOD LUCK

Paul

51 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hi There,

Some fun here to bide the time how many of the current 37 professional rugby league clubs have you watched a match at (Must be home club NOT TESTS)

I will start

SUPER LEAGUE

CASTLEFORD TIGERS YES

CATALAN DRAGONS YES

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS YES

HULL FC YES

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS YES

LEEDS RHINOS YES

SALFORD RED DEVILS NO

ST HELENS NO

TOULOUSE YES

WAKEFIELD TRINITY YES

WARRINGTON WOLVES YES

WIGAN WARRIORS YES

CHAMPIONSHIP

BARROW RAIDERS YES

BATLEY BULLDOGS YES

BRADFORD BULLS YES

DEWSBURY RAMS YES

FEATHERSTIONE ROVERS YES

HAILFAX PANTHERS YES

LEIGH CENTURIONS NO

LONDON BRONCOS NO (New stadium will be at Broncos v York on March 6th)

NEWCASTLE THUNDER NO

SHEFFIELD EAGLES NO

WIDNES VIKINGS YES

WHITEHAVEN YES

WORKINGTON TOWN YES

YORK CITY KNIGHTS NO

CHAMPIONSHIP 1

CORNWALL NO (Will be at Cornwall v Keighley Cougars on June 11th or June 12th)

DONCASTER NO (Only test match v France so NOT counted)

HUNSLET HAWKS NO

KEIGHLEY COUGARS NO (Only Fiji v South Africa)

MIDLAND HURRICANES NO

NORTH WALES CRUSADERS NO

OLDHAM ROUGHYEDS NO

ROCHDALE HORNETS NO

SWINTON LIONS NO

WEST WALES RAIDERS NO

So not counting London Broncos and Cornwall I make that 19 out of 35 (Not counting Broncos/Cornwall) 

Rules are doesn't matter what division the team were in however must be where they play now (Hence my low score in League 1 as have been to the old Doncaster/Hunslet at Elland Road/Oldham Watershedings/Rochdale/Swinton Station Road)

+ over 100 grounds watching the Broncos play at home:)) Only joking but prob around 15 LOL:)

Paul

GOOD LUCK

Paul

All the current one except,

Toulouse - I've been but not that ground.

Catalans - A regret as such 

York and London 

WWR and Cornwall.

My dad is the same as me we've been going together for years but can add WWR and York.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Super League :  10 not been to Saints or Toulouse

Championship :  8

Championship 1 :  3  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

SUPER LEAGUE

CASTLEFORD TIGERS YES

CATALAN DRAGONS YES

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS YES

HULL FC YES

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS YES

LEEDS RHINOS YES

SALFORD RED DEVILS YES

ST HELENS YES

TOULOUSE YES ( 3 different grounds)

WAKEFIELD TRINITY YES

WARRINGTON WOLVES YES

WIGAN WARRIORS YES

BARROW RAIDERS YES

BATLEY BULLDOGS YES

BRADFORD BULLS YES

DEWSBURY RAMS YES

FEATHERSTIONE ROVERS YES

HAILFAX PANTHERS YES

LEIGH CENTURIONS YES

LONDON BRONCOS NO ( Fulham only)

NEWCASTLE THUNDER NO (Gateshead only)

SHEFFIELD EAGLES YES - about 6 of them

WIDNES VIKINGS YES

WHITEHAVEN YES

WORKINGTON TOWN YES

YORK CITY KNIGHTS - 3 (incl Scarborough) but not new

DONCASTER Yes - 3 of them

HUNSLET HAWKS YES

KEIGHLEY COUGARS YES

NORTH WALES CRUSADERS WHEN IN WREXHAM

OLDHAM ROUGHYEDS YES 4 of them

ROCHDALE HORNETS YES both

SWINTON LIONS YES, 5 of them

WEST WALES RAIDERS NO

No Longer

Bramley, Mansfield, Blackpool x 3, Runcorn, Huyton, Wigan Highfield, Chorley (and at Preston NE), Carlisle, Penrith,  

Super League - 11/12
Missing: Toulouse (though I have been to both Blagnac and Minimes)

Championship - 11/14
Missing: Newcastle (though I did see Gateshead at the International Stadium), Sheffield (seen them at Don Valley, that uni one and Bramall Lane, but not OLP, even in its previous temporary guise), York (been to Huntingdon and Bootham Crescent and will be going to the new gaff in February)

League One - 8/11
Missing: Cornwall (will have to save that one for the Challenge Cup!), North Wales Crusaders (though I have seen them at the Racecourse and Cefn Druids, and will be going to Colwyn Bay in the summer to watch Noel Gallagher!), West Wales Raiders (that'll be another for the Challenge Cup).

All of the ones I've been to have been watching Leigh, apart from Coventry which was a game against Warrington Wizards in the NL3 days because my mate was refereeing.

To my shame, I don't know whether Oldham are at Bower Fold for 2022 or back at Whitebank, but I've been to both (albeit Whitebank was for games v Featherstone and Rochdale rather than watching Leigh).

Of the other clubs/grounds no longer existing, I saw Blackpool Panthers (x2 - Bloomfield Road & Memorial Ground), Celtic Crusaders (Brewery Field), Chorley Lynx (Victory Park), Doncaster (Belle Vue), Leigh (Hilton Park), London Broncos (Griffin Park, The Hive, Trailfinders), Oldham (Boundary Park), Salford (The Willows), St Helens (Knowsley Road), Swinton (Gigg Lane, Park Lane), Toronto Wolfpack (Lamport Stadium), Warrington (Wilderspool), Wigan (Central Park)

I'm missing 5 now - Cornwall, Midlands (been to Coventry a few times though), West Wales, Toulouse (been to several other grounds there though), Broncos (been to 10+ of their old grounds).

Do we count Sheffield as their new ground is on the site of Don Valley? Have Oldham confirmed where they're playing this year?

1 hour ago, JonM said:

I'm missing 5 now - Cornwall, Midlands (been to Coventry a few times though), West Wales, Toulouse (been to several other grounds there though), Broncos (been to 10+ of their old grounds).

Do we count Sheffield as their new ground is on the site of Don Valley? Have Oldham confirmed where they're playing this year?

Sheffield doesn’t count given Don Valley was in a league of its own, albeit one based in Eastern Europe. You can still have Coventry in my book though given they’ve only changed name rather than grounds.

Could open up a commercial opportunity though if fans had to return to tick off a ground whenever the name changed. Wakefield, Cas (why is it always those two?!)) I am looking in your direction!

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You can still have Coventry in my book though given they’ve only changed name rather than grounds.

I thought they were playing out of Birmingham & Solihull RU now?

On 18/12/2021 at 15:37, Leyther_Matt said:

Sheffield doesn’t count given Don Valley was in a league of its own, albeit one based in Eastern Europe. You can still have Coventry in my book though given they’ve only changed name rather than grounds.

Could open up a commercial opportunity though if fans had to return to tick off a ground whenever the name changed. Wakefield, Cas (why is it always those two?!)) I am looking in your direction!

Don't get your point, what exactly are you asking Cas and Trinity to do? 

23 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Change the name of the ground more often than the wind changes. 362 name changes since any sort of structural work at either ground. 😊

The name of the ground has never changed, It's always been Belle Vue and still is. The sponsors name changes every now and then but in truth I think that's only happened a bout five time.Your shirt sponsor changes regularely but you are still Leigh.

Atlantic Solutions was the first, whilst it was the Mobile Rocket for the last four years I think. I'd guess at three in between over a 20 year period.

Truth is when you own your own ground like us and Cas do you can call it what you want, when you rent off the Council restrictions apply. Bit of an own goal for you there.

I've been to watch Toulouse (V Featherstone) but not at the current stadium and thats the only one from Super League I havent been to. In Championship I've not been to London Broncos, Sheffield Eagles (since they moved from Owlerton) or York (since they moved to their new stadium) I've been to all the League 1 grounds except Cornwall (that will be rectified this season) - also Midlands will be playing at a different ground from the Butts Park stadium that Coventry played at the last few year, and I understand that Swinton are playing at a different stadium - which will be at least 3 I've seen them play at.

On 18/12/2021 at 11:08, Leyther_Matt said:

League One - 8/11
Missing: Cornwall (will have to save that one for the Challenge Cup!), North Wales Crusaders (though I have seen them at the Racecourse and Cefn Druids, and will be going to Colwyn Bay in the summer to watch Noel Gallagher!), West Wales Raiders (that'll be another for the Challenge Cup).

Didn't realise we'd signed Noel Gallagher!

All of the NRL Grounds with the exception of the New Townsville stadium though have been to the old one plus games played at Carrara, Redfern Oval, Sydney Showgrounds, Mackay, Gosford, North Harbour (Auckland) and Eden Park etc.

All Super League grounds except the French ones - Quelle Surprise..😉

A lot of former grounds, The Boulevard, Wilderspool, Knowsley Road, Hilton Park, Central Park, The Willows etc

Quite a Few Championship clubs but have yet to make any of the Cumbrian clubs, Featherstone, Hunslet or Dewsbury.

An elecletic mix of "event" and International venues from Doncaster, Blackburn, Murrayfield, Cardiff Arms Park, Millenium Stadium Cardiff, Olympic Stadium Stratford, Wembley, Old Trafford, Edinburgh Eagles (2000 before the Cup Final), Ayr RUFC (Scotlabd A v France A) , Wrexham FC as just a few

And of course when I watched the Broncos, The London nomads would play far and wide such as Bridgend RLFC (away), Leicester Tigers RUFC, Gillingham FC, Leyton Orient FC, Charlton Athletic FC, Esher RUFC, Harlequins RUFC, Barnet FC, Brentford FC and probably a few others I have forgotten.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived