Favourite ever RL jersey

Eddie

What’s your favourite ever RL jersey, excluding your own club? There are so many classics to choose from but I’ll go with Wakey’s 2019 home shirt, which reminded me a lot of my favourite football jersey, 1990s Sampdoria. 

https://m.facebook.com/wakefieldtrinityrl/photos/our-2019-home-shirt-is-now-on-sale-for-all-sizes-and-prices-please-follow-the-li/1868383929875871/

The sight of an Australia and New Zealand shirt on a pitch is something I’ve always felt was special. For the most part, these are the superstars of the game at any one time and their presence on these shores is rare and with it, there’s always that hope, however faint, that you’re about to see something special. 

I also find it pretty crazy that PSG were ever a Rugby League team and their home shirt is one I’ve always liked and wanted to own.

spacer.png

Keighleys 1995 Old Trafford Kit - a total design nightmare in polyester tbh, but if any jersey could sum up a moment in time at any club this was it.

Everything about it was so wrong, and yet so right, and for anyone like me that was part of the whole crazy Cougarmania era, the jersey will always be a classic, evoking the whole spirit of what was an amazing time to follow an RL team that did stuff just a bit different ..( though admitted one that in 2021 ,might be better admired from a wardrobe hanger rather than seen wearing in public 🤣

EXkTHs0XkAA2Ltl.jpg

13 hours ago, yanto said:

Even better for you a video .

What a blessing Eddie Waring's mic' wasn't working properly.

2 hours ago, Rach said:

Keighleys 1995 Old Trafford Kit - a total design nightmare in polyester tbh, but if any jersey could sum up a moment in time at a club this was it. So wrong, yet so right, and for anyone that was part of the whole Cougarmania era, the jersey will always be a classic., evoking the whole spirit of what was an amazing time to follow an RL team ( though admitted one that might be admired from a wardrobe hanger rather than seen wearing in public 🤣

EXkTHs0XkAA2Ltl.jpg

Classic old skool sponsor too. 

On 20/12/2021 at 18:52, Mumby Magic said:

Probably Canberra Milk circa 94, Northern pre 90s, Widnes ICI Wigan norweb, plus I likex the early ish 90s Webster's Halifax shirt with green away kit. O and Feb home and away beazer homes kit.

Wigan norweb one (1995) was first to mind until I read "not your own club", great kit.

Aside from Wigan, pretty much any Cas shirt from the past 20 years for me.

6 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

The Aussie shirt for me.Got one in a drawer from 30-odd years ago that's now 3or4 sizes too small.Can't bring myself to get rid of it.

tumble dried it?

I'd say the ICI Widnes shirt for me.. was a period where i really started to get into the game, without an option to play it really.. but lead to those first itchings that lead to me crossing codes in 97 at Uni and never looking back.. a mate had it at uni too which probably reinforces it.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, RP London said:

tumble dried it?

I'd say the ICI Widnes shirt for me.. was a period where i really started to get into the game, without an option to play it really.. but lead to those first itchings that lead to me crossing codes in 97 at Uni and never looking back.. a mate had it at uni too which probably reinforces it.

spacer.png

I wish the tumble drier was to blame.It's more a case of too much Tetleys and John Smiths.

Archived