UK government grants for Community Clubs.

3 hours ago, billy the bison said:

On the 17th of September the UK government awarded a £1.45 million grant to The RFL to be distributed to the 300 community clubs to ensure their survival. The money was made available from that September date until March 2022 my question is as any club received any of that grant.

It tells you in the article you have taken this from and even names a couple

128 community clubs have benefited to date, including some of those who will be involved in Round 1 of the Betfred Challenge Cup in January.

7 hours ago, billy the bison said:

On the 17th of September the UK government awarded a £1.45 million grant to The RFL to be distributed to the 300 community clubs to ensure their survival. The money was made available from that September date until March 2022 my question is as any club received any of that grant.

All community clubs have received emails from the RFL and the info is on RFL sites 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

9 hours ago, billy the bison said:

I don't know about this particular grant scheme, Billy, but I do know about grant schemes more generally, as they featured in my professional career before I retired.  I would be surprised if money had yet been given out, though I say that subject to the caveat below.  This is because, when a new scheme is announced, you have to first allow time for potential recipients to decide whether to apply, and if so, how much and to do what.

Then you have to allow the first round of applications received to be appraised.  Then the recommendations from that appraisal process need to be weighed against the actual money available.  Then - but only then - you have to decide to whom to give grants and for how much.

Now, the caveat which might make the above irrelevant or less relevant would be if all you have to do is just for a chunk of the £1.45m, subject only to the most fundamental checks (e.g. constitutionally, your club must have two signatures from a set list for any payment to be made)

By 2nd December, in the region of £225k has already been distributed. All clubs have had the chance to bid and the process is still open for those yet to do so.

The fund is a survival fund, not some sort of free giveaway. The application process requires financial cash flow analysis from 2019-2021 plus a plan of how applicant clubs will ensure financial stability for the start of the coming season. It is referred to as a ‘here and now’ need, which needs to be carefully documented and planned. I think that’s all fair enough. 

There are stills 000s of pounds of World Cup Legacy funds uncommitted. Some of us are on our second bite of the cherry with that. 

On 21/12/2021 at 21:51, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I don't know about this particular grant scheme, Billy, but I do know about grant schemes more generally, as they featured in my professional career before I retired.  I would be surprised if money had yet been given out, though I say that subject to the caveat below.  This is because, when a new scheme is announced, you have to first allow time for potential recipients to decide whether to apply, and if so, how much and to do what.

Then you have to allow the first round of applications received to be appraised.  Then the recommendations from that appraisal process need to be weighed against the actual money available.  Then - but only then - you have to decide to whom to give grants and for how much.

Now, the caveat which might make the above irrelevant or less relevant would be if all you have to do is just for a chunk of the £1.45m, subject only to the most fundamental checks (e.g. constitutionally, your club must have two signatures from a set list for any payment to be made)

Each bid is assessed individually by both the RFL and Sport England and funds distributed on that basis too. There’s no waiting around for anyone else. The RFL even work on the bids with the clubs (should they wish) to strengthen their applications before submission. 

Archived