Solstice

On 23/12/2021 at 07:56, GUBRATS said:

Always count the days down to the WS , longer days , soon get the shorts on again 

Easter to the end of September is short only for me, as well as a tee shirt, and footwear, usually sandles on a good day socks & trainers on not so good.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Your humour.... is a bit niche..... tha'd fit in well with us lot.....🤣🤣

Mais oui. Voulez vous avec un cuppa? 

(One for the PG Tips aficionados)

On 22/12/2021 at 15:43, Ullman said:

Went along the coast from Hilston to Withernsea via Tunstall this morning. Nice to be out in the hazy winter sun but it was a bit bloomin' raw. One of those days when you can't wait to get in front of a real fire.

Mrs WWD and I did some of our courting on that coast, as her family had a cliff top chalet at Skipsea - long gone into the sea, I'm afraid.

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just looked it up...beaches look nice....is the sea like Norfolk and a bit flat/brown?

Colour is usually brown , especially close to shore . 

Low tide most beaches are flat with odd gully , hole , maybe odd boulder field .

Against cliffs sand is usually softer , bit of an angle to beach .

Most beaches can get a big swell running onto them from the North / North East direction .

Tide runs North / South parallel to shore line , makes for an interesting area . 

8 hours ago, henage said:

Colour is usually brown , especially close to shore . 

Low tide most beaches are flat with odd gully , hole , maybe odd boulder field .

Against cliffs sand is usually softer , bit of an angle to beach .

Most beaches can get a big swell running onto them from the North / North East direction .

Tide runs North / South parallel to shore line , makes for an interesting area . 

Good to have that mix with the coastline....might look into a stay over in that area when me and her indoors next go up for a SL game

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Good to have that mix with the coastline....might look into a stay over in that area when me and her indoors next go up for a SL game

Flamborough head is worth a visit . North of the Holderness beaches . 

Spurn point ( southern most point of the Holderness coast) Kilnsea also worth a visit . Lots of ww2 and ww1 stuff along this bit of the coast . Loads on the beaches , more inland . 

Spurn is a Yorkshire wild life trust run area . No dogs allowed(all other beaches are great for dogs), long walk to spurn head due to road not been maintained anymore  .

Not a massive fan of YWT but that's another story ..

Archived