Great move from Leeds - Women To Play At Headingley

Scubby

It ties in with quite a significant further cash investment into the women's side by the club.

Following on from the extra budget given to the men's side, Hetherington and Caddick are certainly delivering on their promises to grow their way out of Covid/broadcast income reductions rather than try and reduce the scale of the business to lower levels of income.

13 minutes ago, M j M said:

It ties in with quite a significant further cash investment into the women's side by the club.

Following on from the extra budget given to the men's side, Hetherington and Caddick are certainly delivering on their promises to grow their way out of Covid/broadcast income reductions rather than try and reduce the scale of the business to lower levels of income.

Leeds have invested heavily in amazing facilities and hopefully now they can start benefitting properly from those in 2022. Extending the hospitality and fan experience time on game day with 2 matches makes perfect sense.  Sunday afternoon is also perfect for standalone Leeds Women games.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Long overdue with a number of games as double headers with mens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/59767730

Not a fan of double headers (as I know I keep saying) but this is a really positive step forward. I hope they keep it up even if initial attendances aren't where they want them to be.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Not a fan of double headers (as I know I keep saying) but this is a really positive step forward. I hope they keep it up even if initial attendances aren't where they want them to be.

For a club like Leeds there is definite benefit in double headers on a Friday night. Of course, the longer after work hospitality offering and the fact that there will be a decent crowd for the second half of the women's game. It will make outstanding Leeds players more marketable with fans. If they do it right, you can also do on pitch player of the match and interviews at half time and even show highlights on the big screen etc. 

You can then focus on bigger standalone Sunday afternoon fixtures which should get better crowds with the link up to the Friday double headers.

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I think it's a slightly different scenario where, with all respect to the women's fixture, there's something of a clearer hierarchy between the two when compared to double header semi finals where the games are of identical billing etc.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I think it's a slightly different scenario where, with all respect to the women's fixture, there's something of a clearer hierarchy between the two when compared to double header semi finals where the games are of identical billing etc.

Yes, the balance has to be right but games at big stadiums with a buzzing crowd is a great experience for any player.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes - at this stage I think it's a good option but, longer term, you don't want to be seeing the women's games only justifying being played at the bigger grounds because they're the curtain raisers in a double header.

I really think is a good step forward from Leeds.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Yes - at this stage I think it's a good option but, longer term, you don't want to be seeing the women's games only justifying being played at the bigger grounds because they're the curtain raisers in a double header.

I really think is a good step forward from Leeds.

Exposure first, and if they like it they'll keep watching. Great move.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived