Xmas

45 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Same here, an absolute quality day. It will be my eldest lads last one before he becomes a dad himself, so it's been a sort of landmark. Drinking with kids and arguing about snowflakes etc (but all in good fun) 

Pub this afternoon and see what develops there. 😬

👍

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All was going well until Christmas day morning.  Girlfriends Dad was going to visit us so she did a lateral flow test as she had "cold" symptoms since Tuesday (all previous tests had been negative).  Positive.  So we book pcr test for the afternoon and cancelled her dads visit and I didn't go to my mothers.  This morning we get the results, both positive.

Funny thing is, she did another lateral flow this morning and it is negative.

Oh well, suppose we will just have to stay in and drink ourselves silly.

20 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well that went alright. Didn't mess the cooking up, pees didn't steam quite like I thought they would but managed to quickly save them by whacking them in a pan and boiling them up while I was serving up everything else.

There was one heated argument about the seating plan early in the day but after retreating to different rooms and sitting and taking a few deep breath there was some quick apologies and we got on like nothing had even happened. 

Spent the rest of the day watching a couple of films and reading some books I got, pretty straight forward Christmas in the Goose household! Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves. 

I’ve never had Goose for Christmas or any other time. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I’ve never had Goose for Christmas or any other time. 

In our Aldi on Xmas Eve, they were selling off the big Geese that normally cost around £40 with 75% off.  Didn't get one, wouldn't fit in the freezer.  Got two turkey crowns (1.5-1.8kg) for around £7.

Been told since that goose is quite fatty.  Is this true @The Hallucinating Goose😁

39 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well thank you very much and I've never had human. 

Some members of the Donner Party didn’t mind it, id imagine if yourself and other members of the Goose family had have been there they would’ve been licking their lips. 
I have been given a book on the Donner Party for Christmas so i’ll be looking forward to see if there are any recipes in the book. 

18 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

In our Aldi on Xmas Eve, they were selling off the big Geese that normally cost around £40 with 75% off.  Didn't get one, wouldn't fit in the freezer.  Got two turkey crowns (1.5-1.8kg) for around £7.

Been told since that goose is quite fatty.  Is this true @The Hallucinating Goose😁

I think duck is quite fatty isn’t it ?. 

18 hours ago, Josef K said:

Some members of the Donner Party didn’t mind it, id imagine if yourself and other members of the Goose family had have been there they would’ve been licking their lips. 
I have been given a book on the Donner Party for Christmas so i’ll be looking forward to see if there are any recipes in the book. 

I am quite partial to a Doner wrap. 

now we are in the "dead zone" between xmas and new year - pondering whether to go finish a job off tomorrow but as much as I am getting a bit bored the forecast is poor and am starting to get used to that extra hour or two snoozing in the mornings 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

now we are in the "dead zone" between xmas and new year - pondering whether to go finish a job off tomorrow but as much as I am getting a bit bored the forecast is poor and am starting to get used to that extra hour or two snoozing in the mornings 

I'm duty nurse tomorrow and on call nurse for the Rovrum on New year's day.... how splendid.

On 26/12/2021 at 21:32, metallithrax said:

Goose is very fatty. If roasting a whole bird, it's recommended to drain off the fat part-way through cooking. That fat can then be used to do the roast potatoes, of course.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Two new board games played this Christmas:

Azul Summer Pavilion: a bit complicated to learn, but shows promise for future sessions.

Telestrations: a picture-drawing version of Chinese Whispers. We'd all had some wine, which made it more fun, but a decent game anyway.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

51 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not on nyd!!!! 35 more pay days and I'm done..... unless this govt pi zz me or the nhs off anymore.... then it might be earlier.  I really have had enough.

do u get paid weekly or monthly? 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived