Boxing Day Game Cancelled

Batley Bob

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Now we know it's official.

Didn't you believe me Roger?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A little stat for you..

the last 3 times the Boxing Day game has been called off all have been at mount pleasant

2001 when Dewsbury turned up and refused to play and fans were already in the ground ( played in may 2002) 

2010 Snow/frozen pitch played on the 2nd of January 

2021 Covid most likely we won’t meet now until Easter and august in the league fixtures 

31 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

A little stat for you..

the last 3 times the Boxing Day game has been called off all have been at mount pleasant

2001 when Dewsbury turned up and refused to play and fans were already in the ground ( played in may 2002) 

2010 Snow/frozen pitch played on the 2nd of January 

2021 Covid most likely we won’t meet now until Easter and august in the league fixtures 

Not forgetting 2020, KTF.

We also meet in July 2022.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think this is playing into the hands of the scientists, they'll be elated. Not that I mean it's Batley/Dewsbury in particular, it's just the pressure being exerted by SAGE etc over what has been declared a minor strain. It's never going to end, don't see a way forward for our first couple of friendlies and I can see the season being bastardised again due to a late start and ongoing cases.

5 minutes ago, phildog said:

I think this is playing into the hands of the scientists, they'll be elated. Not that I mean it's Batley/Dewsbury in particular, it's just the pressure being exerted by SAGE etc over what has been declared a minor strain. It's never going to end, don't see a way forward for our first couple of friendlies and I can see the season being bastardised again due to a late start and ongoing cases.

I have much to say about this but don't want to begin thread drift. There are other threads that this can be added to, there is a conspiracy theories thread elsewhere and also a coronavirus political thread elsewhere too. 

I do find it incredibly strange that there has not been 1 positive test in both Bradford & Halifax teams for tomorrow's clash, football desimated tomorrow but 2 areas with high infection rates has 19 sportsmen in each team clear🤔🤔

What's the saying "if it sounds too good to be true"...

It usually is 🤔🤔

21 hours ago, phildog said:

Keep it up Phil. You never fail to disappoint.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Bradford v Halifax match as fallen as well.

Who can see the season starting on time.

That was due to the state of the pitch though Roger.

Archived