Capital Challenge Postponed

BJW

Massive blow for the Skolars, Ok it can be re-arranged and Wigan Under 20's is probably a more attractive opponent but the success of the HAC is predicated ion it being the "pipe-opener" to the season. Playing it on a Friday in March prior to the Championship one season starting but with Super league and the Challenge Cup already underway does not have the same appeal.

Bearing in mond London is a COVID hotspot (lets not go off topic eh) Does this mean that the London Chargers Challenge Cup game due on Saturday 15th January is still going ahead or being switched to Cumbria. ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

21 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Bearing in mond London is a COVID hotspot (lets not go off topic eh) Does this mean that the London Chargers Challenge Cup game due on Saturday 15th January is still going ahead or being switched to Cumbria. ?

Given one will have a crowd numbered in, at best, double figures in a field and the other was due to draw several hundred with a focus on indoor hospitality, what do you think?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Massive blow for the Skolars, Ok it can be re-arranged and Wigan Under 20's is probably a more attractive opponent but the success of the HAC is predicated ion it being the "pipe-opener" to the season. Playing it on a Friday in March prior to the Championship one season starting but with Super league and the Challenge Cup already underway does not have the same appeal.

This isn’t getting called off because of the game. More likely the corporate bods are seeing restrictions in there work place plus all their Christmas dos cancelled. I doubt they can then justify a ###### up at the rugby. So it shouldn’t really affect any other Skolars games. 

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

This isn’t getting called off because of the game. More likely the corporate bods are seeing restrictions in there work place plus all their Christmas dos cancelled. I doubt they can then justify a ###### up at the rugby. So it shouldn’t really affect any other Skolars games. 

Exactly this. It's being pulled because the sponsors won't be able to use hospitality.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, newbe said:

Do Skolars have squad yet to play a game? see they having an open trial in January. 

Does that indicate they don’t have a squad or a club in a relatively RL poor area for players attempting to see if they can unearth someone? I’d suggest the latter. 

1 hour ago, newbe said:

Do Skolars have squad yet to play a game? see they having an open trial in January. 

Just like the trial game they held in January 2020?

ATM First team squad has 15 in it with couple* due to sign next week.

* Couple in this case meaning more than two!

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 26/12/2021 at 09:26, gingerjon said:

Given one will have a crowd numbered in, at best, double figures in a field and the other was due to draw several hundred with a focus on indoor hospitality, what do you think?

As I was aiming to be one of the doublel figure crowd in a field for the Chargers game,  an idea as to where this would be played would be welcome. As for the HAC as a regular attender at this fixture, the crowd has been shrinking each year and is only behind one goal and one touchline with the game played in a small quarter of the HAC.

As you are looking at 200-300 tops and both clubs need a pre-season hit out before the Challenge Cup / Championship one seaon You could have cancelled the hospitality and played the game even if behind closed doors.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The whole point of the fixture is the corporate aspect, sponsorship and other aspects Skolars seek to develop. In some respects the game itself and ‘fans’ is not the reason for it happening. It will be a blow financially to the club, but if it can deliver the same results in March it won’t be a disaster overall though suddenly closer to some other corporate rah rah gigs the City like to stagger to. The loss of an early season hit out will be a loss for some, but often the game is several months before Skolars season starts (the vagaries of the RFL) and often only just after they start training so not a major blow to season training prep.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Archived