London Broncos Squad 2022

On 15/01/2022 at 14:34, watcherofRL said:

Another closed door game today and this time skolars - any news on what happened and why it wasn’t a published as a match to watch? 

Told there is trial game @ Hull FC on weekend coming, ont closed doors .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Sounds like it's time for David Hughes to step aside to someone who can reinvigorate the Broncos. Are there any suitors in the offing though?

im sure there is a long Q? also what does he get for the £20m hes put in over the years?

David has suggested the plan is to keep the club under family control, his son is big on Broncos.

If his investment remains as Directors loans, the club is unsaleable / couldn't be given away unless they were written off. If the plan is for his son to take over, there's no real incentive to write off any Directors loans on the off chance the club can repay some of the money further down the line.

All the signs are there will be no change from Hughes family control, though the person with control may change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Heard that Through community clubs there are lots of tickets and special offers for first game and then promotions throughout the year but yeah you are right - free would be best but £5 is tolerable!!

A little birdie tells me they are trying to shift up to 500 community stand tickets per game.

Ambitious, I sincerely hope they can deliver and that it is structured to get future engagement and not just the same people each week getting in for free, I've seen too many sports teams vanish down that particular rabbit hole, which invariably alienates season ticket holders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

David has suggested the plan is to keep the club under family control, his son is big on Broncos.

If his investment remains as Directors loans, the club is unsaleable / couldn't be given away unless they were written off. If the plan is for his son to take over, there's no real incentive to write off any Directors loans on the off chance the club can repay some of the money further down the line.

All the signs are there will be no change from Hughes family control, though the person with control may change.

Let's hope his son makes better decisions.............he can't make much worse

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

A little birdie tells me they are trying to shift up to 500 community stand tickets per game.

Ambitious, I sincerely hope they can deliver and that it is structured to get future engagement and not just the same people each week getting in for free, I've seen too many sports teams vanish down that particular rabbit hole, which invariably alienates season ticket holders.

If you are a real supporter then it really does not matter one just supports the club/game as much as you can.

Paul

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Widnes fans wanting tickets in advance have to buy from the Bronco's. What's the situation with pay on the day?  Is it more expensive, can you pay on the turnstiles or do you need to buy a ticket from the offices?

You can only buy tickets via the online system - no cash at gate or physical ticket office. I guess you can use the online system right up to KO (and after).

23 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Told there is trial game @ Hull FC on weekend coming, ont closed doors .

Heard that too! They have surely got to try and run out with starting team - heard that 6and 7 were yet again the west Wales half back and cov bears one with Leyland and horsman playing 1 and 9! Pointless 

15 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Broncos now seem to have closed the stand behind the sticks for the Widnes game - not great IMO.

Edit: I'm wrong. They've closed it for home sales but Widnes fans can buy tickets there.

To access the South stand you have to enter the promo code.

Without the promo code its sections 101,102 & 103 for away fans according to the site.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

21 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

If you are a real supporter then it really does not matter one just supports the club/game as much as you can.

Paul

Yes I'm kind of with this 

I'd always happily pay full whack even if local community tickets are in every game helping fill the support 

The more people in the ground tje better for everyone.....becomes more of an occasion and everyone wins 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Heard that too! They have surely got to try and run out with starting team - heard that 6and 7 were yet again the west Wales half back and cov bears one with Leyland and horsman playing 1 and 9! Pointless 

The Newcastle signing and the laddo that played with Dewsbury and then Skolars were the half's ,not familiar with names.

Im assuming Leyland and Horsman were there is because the Australian lads aren't yet returned, Parata and Siti , that'll be the starting 9 and 1.

• Like 1

Something for Broncos fans to look forward to, or far too expensive for RL? 

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8 hours ago, Cowboy said:

The Newcastle signing and the laddo that played with Dewsbury and then Skolars were the half's ,not familiar with names.

Im assuming Leyland and Horsman were there is because the Australian lads aren't yet returned, Parata and Siti , that'll be the starting 9 and 1.

But what does that say about the strength in depth and their rating of the named 6 and 7 if they have not had a run out together as covering other positions?

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Hope he keeps it honest and delves deep - lots hinging on getting first match right. Do we know if parata, siti and latu will be able to play? Be good to have best starting team  with players with champ experience 

58 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Something for Broncos fans to look forward to, or far too expensive for RL? 

Wimbledon have an area inside the ground that has street food, I’m told, and they didn’t just want the bog standard grey looking “meat” you get at most sports venues here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Wimbledon have an area inside the ground that has street food, I’m told, and they didn’t just want the bog standard grey looking “meat” you get at most sports venues here. 

Yeah, I picked that up from the tweet. Looks a decent idea (and pie). 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb