London Broncos Squad 2022

10 hours ago, snoopdog said:

O'Donnell on his way back to Cumbria apparently?

Not good if true. Where did you hear this?

So one possibly leaving before season has started. Parata, siti and palumbo arent here yet. Wellington is still injured. Do the they know we have a competitive game on the 30th?
Widnes have been training together as a full squad since December...

18 hours ago, Cowboy said:

The Newcastle signing and the laddo that played with Dewsbury and then Skolars were the half's ,not familiar with names.

Im assuming Leyland and Horsman were there is because the Australian lads aren't yet returned, Parata and Siti , that'll be the starting 9 and 1.

Were you at the session then? What was it like? Do you know if everyone back and eligible for 30/1? 

6 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

Not good if true. Where did you hear this?

So one possibly leaving before season has started. Parata, siti and palumbo arent here yet. Wellington is still injured. Do the they know we have a competitive game on the 30th?
Widnes have been training together as a full squad since December...

Agree - if O’Donnell has left, where to? And what does that tell us about what’s happening? Coach issue or personal?

On 18/01/2022 at 10:28, DoubleD said:

Let's hope his son makes better decisions.............he can't make much worse

When Wardy left after serving the club for over a decade it was hoped that the club would bring in highly qualified replacements  but think it’s more nepotistic than that - let’s watch this space and hope there is still a club mid season under the new regime. Football sack managers when they aren’t up to it - let’s hope it not the players who are scapegoated 

17 hours ago, snoopdog said:

O'Donnell on his way back to Cumbria apparently?

It wouldn't be a London preseason without someone leaving before a ball is kicked.

Usually some Northerner with homesickness.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Something for Broncos fans to look forward to, or far too expensive for RL? 

London fans used to these sort of prices, but usually comes as a shock to the travelling fans. I remember a few years ago in a game I think vs Batley hearing a mum not believing her kids when she gave them £10 to get 2 burgers and they came back with no change.  She was like £5 for a Burger !!!!!!, she must have been moaning about the price for over 10 mins

Same with the beer prices where price of a pint in london usually equals 3 pints in Yorkshire

Edited by crashmon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

When Wardy left after serving the club for over a decade it was hoped that the club would bring in highly qualified replacements  but think it’s more nepotistic than that - let’s watch this space and hope there is still a club mid season under the new regime. Football sack managers when they aren’t up to it - let’s hope it not the players who are scapegoated 

Always the players or coach to blame. Never the senior management at the club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

London fans used to these sort of prices, but usually comes as a shock to the travelling fans. I remember a few years ago in a game I think vs Batley hearing a mum not believing her kids when she gave them £10 to get 2 burgers and they came back with no change.  She was like £5 for a Burger !!!!!!, she must have been moaning about the price for over 10 mins

Same with the beer prices where price of a pint in london usually equals 3 pints in Yorkshire

Reminds me of a bloke in a Wakefield shirt at one of the England internationals held at the Olympic Stadium a few years ago.

A few drinks and a pie he had , when asked to pay all I remember hearing was 'THIRTY FIVE QUID???? THIRTY FIVE QUID???'

16 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

O'Donnell's departure has been confirmed by the club. he was one player I was excited about.

Hopefully we can get a replacement quickly.

Chances of a good replacement being available?

Loanee perhaps?

1 hour ago, Twickbronc said:

O'Donnell's departure has been confirmed by the club. he was one player I was excited about.

Hopefully we can get a replacement quickly.

To be fair, he didn't look as though he was int best nick at a training session prior to Christmas and he was always going to be behind Parata.

I don't see a real loss here,or else he'd of been kept or atleast held onto if there were no one else int depth 

Open training session int stadium lastnight I attended along with some other members.

Must say,class atmosphere there at Plough Lane,be a right day with bums on seats there.

Squad looked large in numbers,from what I could tell and were told,all players were there with the exception of the Fijian lad Siti.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Open training session int stadium lastnight I attended along with some other members.

Must say,class atmosphere there at Plough Lane,be a right day with bums on seats there.

Squad looked large in numbers,from what I could tell and were told,all players were there with the exception of the Fijian lad Siti.

"be a right day with bums on seats there."

Thats the key quote, even if they get 1.5K for widnes, thats still only 20% capacity.  Still be loads of empty seats etc

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

That's good to hear. 

How did we look in terms of set piece training etc?

And we've always needed big forwards up-front - do we look ok for size?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

That's good to hear. 

How did we look in terms of set piece training etc?

And we've always needed big forwards up-front - do we look ok for size?

Yeah be interested to know what it looked like in terms of run throughs? Did it look smooth, were coaches engaged? Who is going to match tomorrow at Loughborough? 

3 hours ago, crashmon said:

Thats the key quote, even if they get 1.5K for widnes, thats still only 20% capacity.  Still be loads of empty seats etc

Who were the halves? Many watching?

3 hours ago, crashmon said:

Get yoursen there pal,might be a help.

No good moaning about on a forum

7 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Yeah be interested to know what it looked like in terms of run throughs? Did it look smooth, were coaches engaged? Who is going to match tomorrow at Loughborough? 

Who were the halves? Many watching?

Yeah was fairly smooth.

Didn't look like a team in shambles like some 'supporters' bang on about ere.

They need another big middle,there's some size on the pitch and looks like a decent 13.

But the bench,I think is where the size and quality could cost us later int games.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Get yoursen there pal,might be a help.

No good moaning about on a forum

Sorry mate, I'm not funding DH latest craze. I've spend 000's on this club since I started following them in the late 90's, 3 Gold ST holders for most of that time, new kits every year etc. But this latest vanity move to go to a joke of a squad compared to the squad we had in the champ between 2014 to 2018, just so he can eat pie and mash in a shiny stadium has killed any chance of me spending any more when it comes to LB.  Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me, and this current lot running LB have fooled me for the last time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Sorry mate, I'm not funding DH latest craze. I've spend 000's on this club since I started following them in the late 90's, 3 Gold ST holders for most of that time, new kits every year etc. But this latest vanity move to go to a joke of a squad compared to the squad we had in the champ between 2014 to 2018, just so he can eat pie and mash in a shiny stadium has killed any chance of me spending any more when it comes to LB.  Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me, and this current lot running LB have fooled me for the last time

That's fair play pal,have your view,entitled to it .

But I'm saying no use moaning about the squad or the stadium if you don't know ought about either like ! Go to the stadium or a training session and have a geeze at the lads or how the coach goes about his business. 

Not saying it's as good as the 2018 lot but it's not total doom like some are banging on bout that's why I've gone to see my mysen.There is some goodens there I think,after seeing first hand.If can add, a impact prop off bench and a more experienced half we could be fairly competitive. 

Widness game will show