London Broncos Squad 2022

14 hours ago, Cowboy said:

That's fair play pal,have your view,entitled to it .

But I'm saying no use moaning about the squad or the stadium if you don't know ought about either like ! Go to the stadium or a training session and have a geeze at the lads or how the coach goes about his business. 

Not saying it's as good as the 2018 lot but it's not total doom like some are banging on bout that's why I've gone to see my mysen.There is some goodens there I think,after seeing first hand.If can add, a impact prop off bench and a more experienced half we could be fairly competitive. 

Widness game will show 

27 years of support makes me think I can say what I like about the club. That said, David Hughes' ownership driving an average attendance of 4,000+ down to 400+ says more about the club than anything I ever could.

• Like 6

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

20 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

London is an outrageously expensive dump and the horrific increase in prices is one factor behind the challenge cup decline. 

Totally disagree - prices not so different these days - been all over and usually spend £4 in the Ground but outside in some if the local ‘needier areas’ us cheap as chips

18 hours ago, londonbronco said:

Broncos to take on HullFC on Saturday in a behind closed doors friendly.  I assume to be played at L'boro Uni.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/jake-connor-broncos-frazer-clarke-6526988

Be an interesting fixture given the changes both clubs have made and fact that last chance for broncos to play their first choice 13!

well the game has been played and no score for LB as decision making and D let them down. Hull had 1st team out and there were some good parts but LB play was much slower, allowed Hull to play quickly and the half backs made too many poor decisions! Concern for next week and not got confidence that coaches are able to motivate to get them ready?

2 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Totally disagree - prices not so different these days - been all over and usually spend £4 in the Ground but outside in some if the local ‘needier areas’ us cheap as chips

Yeah, most cities you’re looking at £4+ a pint but if you’re sat in an antiquated working Mens club, you’ll get £2 beer but that’s the thing for Rugby League, do we want to be bargain basement and antiquated surrounded by ageing men or do we want to move with the times and charge what’s fair and the standard?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

Is that confirmed? 

I presumed he would be based on the fact he was our captain last season however in RFL's championship launch, Brad Foster is there flying the flag for London. 

Yes pal confirmed.

I am assuming Foster was there for travel reason's,being a Yorkshire lad would've made the trip alot easier then a Southerner like 

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I was on about rent, never been able to get a house, massive crime rates. A terrible place all in all.  Remember going to Enfield and getting a pint for 3 quid but that was at the ground . Sam Smiths if I am ever back in London.

Don´t think bargain basement has much to do with it tbh, RL lacks internationals and problem is that RL is charging people premium prices for a sub standard facility, which is exactly how I´d describe London. Anyway, I wish Broncos well. 

Good to see RL fans living up to their stereotype.

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

A 29 year old from outside the heartlands living in a European Capital? Yep, I´m the exact flat cap demographic. What an insightful response. 

And? Your still pushing the same rubbush about London.

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

And a very weak 6. From the look of it there are some potentials but gotta get some simple errors ironed out

Those 6 missing are all starters for us ,which means we were not near full strenght yest .I think a 24-0 score line vs a top 4 Super League team is a pretty fair fight especially considering the line up Fc rolled out.Hell of an effort from the 'relegation bound' broncos ..not agree pal?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Those 6 missing are all starters for us ,which means we were not near full strenght yest .I think a 24-0 score line vs a top 4 Super League team is a pretty fair fight especially considering the line up Fc rolled out.Hell of an effort from the 'relegation bound' broncos ..not agree pal?

Were You there then? If those 6 are all starters in your opinion, what about those that were playing? From what you and others have reported from the past month and in the training games the named 13 have not played in their positions at all yet so how on earth will they be able to do it for first game! I don’t want to think relegation and have belief in the players if selected to play in the positions they were signed for.
L1 players decision making is just not good enough - agree that given the team they were facing it wasn’t too bad, especially given the results coming through today from pre games. 

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LondonBroncosRL/status/1485284523218804736

As a venue, there’s a good handful of Super League clubs that would kill for a venue like that as a home ground. 

Would they move to a part time squad full of League 1 players in order to pay for it though? Go from playoff challengers to relegation strugglers?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Would they move to a part time squad full of League 1 players in order to pay for it though? Go from playoff challengers to relegation strugglers?

Honestly, I couldn’t care less but it’s a damn sight better than watching Super League rugby at a ground that wouldn’t have looked out of place in the NCL. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Let’s hope they can get it sorted. There must have been a plan behind Coleman signing but to continue to start with skolars players in key positions when they weren’t performing last year has to change. First matches will show his worth as a coach, don’t know any players who wants to do anything other than win 

On 15/01/2022 at 08:33, Archie Gordon said:

The London Junior League is getting set for another year of incremental growth so the supply of players will continue. What is less clear is whether and how Rob Powell (head of youth) will be replaced. 

Separate to this, it looks as if ticket sales for the Widnes opener are going well. The club seems to have put some effort into this. Good luck to them.

Widnes will bring 400 fans i think 

First home game in 2017 , home to HKR - first and second favourites for the Championship with the bookies, ended up 1st and 2nd that season.

I remember it being bitterly cold, and had there been another 5 mins we might have levelled the score! Was standing in the corner where we got our two late tries.

Happy to be corrected but I think the crowd that day at TSC was in the region of 1,600.

Would be great if we could pull in that sort of number on Sunday.

• Like 1