London Broncos Squad 2022

Don't quite get all the moaning bout the line up like? That's been same team for the 3 trial games,produced a good showing at Salford and another pretty good showing against FC.Got done by 20 odd against two strong Super League sides while missing some starters int line up.

That's swayed me some what to think we could be oright in Champ,not promotion contenders but may be around that 6-8 section.

Tomorrow will be good test like,Widnes are a fair squad and have named a good line up.

Couple lads with covid unavailable for broncos ,Curran,Ulberg ,Siti etc lot of experience there ,might be the difference int end.

Excellent atmosphere today ,great turn out.

Widnes came out too strong an ran out 3 quick tries from get go.Was pretty much try for try after the 25th minute with missed kicks.

Left edge for broncos dint seem up to it.Widnes went there near everytime int 20m ,ran in all the tries down that edge.Really missed Curran on that edge.

The score isn't a great reflection of closeness of that one.Widness definitely the better team today though.

Bienek and Palumbo solid int middle as were Lovell on edge,Parata a real stand out was best for Broncos.

Hopefully next week full squad is available. Couple lads out there struggled with that game pace today.

• Like 1

Suspect I can guess the answer to this, but was there any attempt to do anything to encourage the Wimbledon FC fans watching for the first time? Squad pen pictures, introduction to the rules, that kind of thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Suspect I can guess the answer to this, but was there any attempt to do anything to encourage the Wimbledon FC fans watching for the first time? Squad pen pictures, introduction to the rules, that kind of thing?

From what I heard from people who attended, lots of encouragement to get them to attend (£1 tickets etc), but once in the ground pretty much nothing, no program, no teamsheet, no guidance on the rules etc. So not much

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, IM2 said:

How did the Skolars lads go? did they look out of place?

Macani played well and made a fair few metres to give the forwards a break

Juma was similar in attack but weak in defence

Dalton Grant played ok, he is experienced and reliable enough, he just didn't get many opportunities out wide due to the slow distribution from the halves and back line

Greenhalgh is unfit and was struggling to get back 10m after about 5 minutes

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IM2 said:

How did the Skolars lads go? did they look out of place?

12 hours ago, crashmon said:

From what I heard from people who attended, lots of encouragement to get them to attend (£1 tickets etc), but once in the ground pretty much nothing, no program, no teamsheet, no guidance on the rules etc. So not much

As far as I could see there was nothing - no presence whatsoever either in the ground or on the forecourt outside.

Could have had programme sellers, they could have had non playing members of the squad or academy or the ladies team giving away small flags for kids to wave, they could have brought out the mascots but as far as I could see there was nothing. No presence whatsoever.

A massive missed opportunity.

33 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

Macani played well and made a fair few metres to give the forwards a break

Juma was similar in attack but weak in defence

Dalton Grant played ok, he is experienced and reliable enough, he just didn't get many opportunities out wide due to the slow distribution from the halves and back line

Greenhalgh is unfit and was struggling to get back 10m after about 5 minutes

Juma plays like a man who has no idea of the concept of defending.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Hopefully next week full squad is available. Couple lads out there struggled with that game pace today.

13 hours ago, Cowboy said:

There certainly were! And more than a couple. I don't know if it is a fitness issue or what but it really showed yesterday against a bang average opposition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RfE said:

There certainly were! And more than a couple. I don't know if it is a fitness issue or what but it really showed yesterday against a bang average opposition. 

It did pal,Coleman can't stick with that same starting pack against Fax,they'll roll through em.

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Widnes also had 4 or 5 first team players out as well. So was a patched up Widnes not full strength.

Like who pal? I know the fullback was missing.They also featured a couple SL loanees

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Like who pal? I know the fullback was missing.They also featured a couple SL loanees

None of Owens, Spedding, Tyrer, Grady, Lawton, or Nzoungou who would all figure in or around the 17 featured yesterday.

You could also throw in Tilleke and Hulme.

Only loan player was Doro.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

17 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

It did pal,Coleman can't stick with that same starting pack against Fax,they'll roll through em.

I dread to think how bad the result will be at Fax.

Only Bienek and Tuilatu ( in the second half) carried the ball to the opposition and got stuck in.

Although Lovell got stuck in for different reasons .........LOL!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Don’t understand how Bienek who has SL experience from Hull/Castleford can be on the bench while the coach started with Greenhalgh the ex skolars player who looked completely out of place.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Templegreen said:

Don’t understand how Bienek who has SL experience from Hull/Castleford can be on the bench while the coach started with Greenhalgh the ex skolars player who looked completely out of place.

Yep. Also Rob Tuliatu coming on for Brad Foster when both of them should be on the pitch at the same time. Shows the complete lack in depth we have. 

As somebody else here said, there should be a couple (at least) who shouldn't expect another game in a broncos shirt, but then again tis the broncos and they'll probably be in starting lineup next week. 

We desperately need the three Aussies in the squad and we need to get a goal kicker, was it Coates? who missed two absolute sitters and as for the one from the sidelines...it didn't even get above the ground. 

Whitehaven is a MUST-win in two weeks time.

Edited by Twickbronc
  • Like 2

I would say at least 5 Aussie/Kiwis and better French players in Elite 1 than 90% of the current squad (However prob getting better money) 

Well it is what it is and as a RL lunatic i will be pottering down to the Broncos 4 times this season (Its all i can make with other commitments) to give them my support.

7/8 would be good and i still have the feeling that this is a sort off in between season for better things:)

I still don't get the slagging off from some quarters as i am sure that everyone is giving 100% not least DH the man should be awarded a bloody knighthood.

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Templegreen said:

Whole game shifted when Bienek and Palumbo came on,then Tuliatu int second half added some go forward.

Forwards didn't let us down on weekend,showed some promise .If the right rotation in place this week ,they will be better.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RfE said:

Think back to last season - having young half Leyland with Curran outside him and Hank and boafa/Miskito meant LB had pace and imagination but with experience. Need to recreate this if can as the side still has potential if players are in right position to balance each other out. Missed a kicker too  but again this can be sorted as must be others in squad.
Middles for me are bienick foster pulumbo with tuilatu off bench which means need another middle. Left edge too slow to respond or fitness issue?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RfE said:

Juma plays like a man who has no idea of the concept of defending.

I think that's a bit harsh. He's a pretty solid tackler, you didn't often see him miss one-on-one when playing in the pack or at centre for Skolars.  If you look at the highlights here, the problem for most of the tries scored on that wing is that the Broncos defence ends up outnumbered out wide. Juma is then left trying to defend two players.  It's the structure on that side that needs some work. Look at how often Jordan Williams ends up marking no-one in some of these attacks.

https://widnesvikings.co.uk/london-broncos-a-highlights

Edited by JonM
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Middles for me are bienick foster pulumbo with tuilatu off bench which means need another middle. Left edge too slow to respond or fitness issue?

Agreed. I didn't realise how big Palumbo is. Tuliatu has a good leg drive on him.

Sort the defence out wide and we stand a better chance. Paulos Latu at centre will help when he comes back. 

If the majority of those missing on Sunday are fit in time for Haven then we will be ok.

Edited by Twickbronc

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Whole game shifted when Bienek and Palumbo came on,then Tuliatu int second half added some go forward.

Forwards didn't let us down on weekend,showed some promise .If the right rotation in place this week ,they will be better.

Bienek was outstanding.

9 hours ago, JonM said:

I think that's a bit harsh. He's a pretty solid tackler, you didn't often see him miss one-on-one when playing in the pack or at centre for Skolars.  If you look at the highlights here, the problem for most of the tries scored on that wing is that the Broncos defence ends up outnumbered out wide. Juma is then left trying to defend two players.  It's the structure on that side that needs some work. Look at how often Jordan Williams ends up marking no-one in some of these attacks.

https://widnesvikings.co.uk/london-broncos-a-highlights

I said it was harsh but not an unfair assessment based on my view on Sunday. 

I was sat in line with the tries conceded on his wing in the first half, fella looked like he didn't know what to do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

Agreed. I didn't realise how big Palumbo is. Tuliatu has a good leg drive on him.

Sort the defence out wide and we stand a better chance. Paulos Latu at centre will help when he comes back. 

If the majority of those missing on Sunday are fit in time for Haven then we will be ok.

Latu would have to have improved a hell of a lot before I'd ever let him pull on a Broncos jersey again!

• Like 1