London Broncos Squad 2022

10 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Think back to last season - having young half Leyland with Curran outside him and Hank and boafa/Miskito meant LB had pace and imagination but with experience. Need to recreate this if can as the side still has potential if players are in right position to balance each other out. Missed a kicker too  but again this can be sorted as must be others in squad.
Middles for me are bienick foster pulumbo with tuilatu off bench which means need another middle. Left edge too slow to respond or fitness issue?

Too slow first half, lack of fitness in the second?

Who knows - either way it isn't good enough . Clearly Widnes saw the video of our ' friendly ' against Hull and knew where we could be easily attacked.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2022 at 18:52, Jughead said:

When Broncos were professional and more so when they were in Super League, yes, I’d agree with you completely. Now Broncos are part-time, have decimated Skolars’ squad to pad theirs out and need to find another 12+ to play in their reserve side, it makes it harder for all involved. 

Which is amazing give how vocal JC was when at the Skolars when he felt the Broncos didnt support the Skolars enough. Given the Skolars juniors and some of their better players ended up at Broncos over the last 15 years. Club has always felt the support coming back has been limited & some years none existent. this year seems to be the worst so far and is ironic given JC remonstrations when he was at the Skolars. So far I think he has promised 3 players one who is either injured or coming back from injury. Given half the squad & the better half has moved over the support needs to be way better than that. If Skolars go under because of this Broncos will have had a big hand in this perhaps the biggest.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RfE said:

Latu would have to have improved a hell of a lot before I'd ever let him pull on a Broncos jersey again

Yes there's no doubting that, however he was played out of position for us last year so I'd give him a chance to prove himself in the centres. He's a big unit. Him alongside siti and ulberg in the attacking line I think will cause problems for defences. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, IM2 said:

Which is amazing give how vocal JC was when at the Skolars when he felt the Broncos didnt support the Skolars enough. Given the Skolars juniors and some of their better players ended up at Broncos over the last 15 years. Club has always felt the support coming back has been limited & some years none existent. this year seems to be the worst so far and is ironic given JC remonstrations when he was at the Skolars. So far I think he has promised 3 players one who is either injured or coming back from injury. Given half the squad & the better half has moved over the support needs to be way better than that. If Skolars go under because of this Broncos will have had a big hand in this perhaps the biggest.

He was also very critical of Broncos poaching Skolars players in the past. Funny how things work out 

• Like 5

Will be interesting to see how much support (JC) gets if London struggle. I'm sure DH is not expecting London to be in the top 6, but I think he is expecting not to be in any sort of relegation struggle either. Haven game in 2 weeks is key, they need to win that, or the clouds will start to gather

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

He was also very critical of Broncos poaching Skolars players in the past. Funny how things work out 

agreed so as a fan ill be keen to see what he does now he has a chance to right the wrongs 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IM2 said:

agreed so as a fan ill be keen to see what he does now he has a chance to right the wrongs 

What’s the aim at Skolars this year? Just survival and play all their games? Seek new investment? Do something a bit bold like Coventry?

46 minutes ago, Jughead said:

What’s the aim at Skolars this year? Just survival and play all their games? Seek new investment? Do something a bit bold like Coventry?

Skolars are lucky that WWR and Cornwall are in L1. Chargers gave them a real good game on Saturday in the end and could probably beat WWR. 

Is there relegation from L1 to conference this year?

Edited by Twickbronc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

Skolars are lucky that WWR and Cornwall are in L1. Chargers gave them a real good game on Saturday in the end and could probably beat WWR. 

There’s never been any relegation from League One. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

I thought not. Maybe there should be so teams like WWR can get their act together and also to give other teams a chance.

You assume the NCL clubs want to be promoted. The vast majority are happy in their own league

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

Maybe in the never ending talk about structure what ought to be considered is the link between League 1 and the National Conference League – which is far closer and more realistic for competition than the link between Super League and Championship.

Now that League 1 central funding has all but been diminished, perhaps rugby league could open itself to allow more of a connection to the community game ala the football pyramid.

Source - https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/editors-col-rugby-league-crowds-cup-shock/

Maybe the journalist has heard something from amongst the elite talks over the potential 2x10.

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

33 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Maybe in the never ending talk about structure what ought to be considered is the link between League 1 and the National Conference League – which is far closer and more realistic for competition than the link between Super League and Championship.

Now that League 1 central funding has all but been diminished, perhaps rugby league could open itself to allow more of a connection to the community game ala the football pyramid.

Source - https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/editors-col-rugby-league-crowds-cup-shock/

Maybe the journalist has heard something from amongst the elite talks over the potential 2x10.

Nah, James Gordon uses his position there to put out his wild and often contradictory fantasies. 

The NCL dropping amateur status would be terrible for that level. It doesn’t need to, it’s a very good level of rugby league and a decent standard. There’s plenty of League One clubs, including those who are based in the north, who wouldn’t meet the criteria to join the NCL anyway if they were to leave the professional game, so I don’t think they should loosen their criteria. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

Think made good start by changing coach and to be honest skolars didn’t do much better last year anyway so staying up and building is good focus!

I suspect survival will be the aim for Skolars this season. A squad that has been gutted by Broncos, and the loss of central funding does not bode well. If there’s a club the deserves help for all they’ve tried to do for the sport in London it’s Skolars. Big credit to Hector for all his time and money. 

If we don’t survive I certainly won’t be shifting my allegiance to Broncos. 

Edited by EssexRL
  • Like 9

On 01/02/2022 at 14:59, Jughead said:

yeah I think survival and then push on year after. great to see so many Skolars juniors in the first team ranks of the club. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 19:08, Jughead said:

Nah, James Gordon uses his position there to put out his wild and often contradictory fantasies. 

The NCL dropping amateur status would be terrible for that level. It doesn’t need to, it’s a very good level of rugby league and a decent standard. There’s plenty of League One clubs, including those who are based in the north, who wouldn’t meet the criteria to join the NCL anyway if they were to leave the professional game, so I don’t think they should loosen their criteria. 

what criteria does NCL have that L1 clubs wouldn't meet? Skolars played for 4 years in the NCL prior to L1 so be good to know as I dont know any

✍️ 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗺 𝗚𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝘀
We are delighted to announce the signing of Hooker Calum Gahan.
Calum is expected to land in the UK next week having most recently played with the Norths Devils 🇦🇺 

Read more here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3urn94h

Just seen that posted on London Broncos social media. I looked him up, he played 9 matches for Norths in Qld Cup 2021. Hopefully this will be a good signing, but they will need to find a way to use both him and Parata effectively. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 15:44, Twickbronc said:

I agree they have a cushion with WWR & probably Cornwall.  Last weeks game is hard to judge as they were very comfortable and took their foot of the pedal which for a young team is understandable. as we saw with oldham amateur teams can cause upsets. also some more recruitment to come I believe. It won't be anywhere near the best Skolars side but I think it has the makings of being strong in the next few years due to all the clubs youngsters who are now maturing. the club had a superb U16s from a few years ago and many of those lads are now featuring and have also had a few years in Broncos academy.

I also think the league generally has to have been weakened by the lack of money. collectively its nearly £1m being sucked out of the league. has to have an effect

all I would say is the club will survive better if we as fans support it. tickets, merchandise, player sponsors etc

RL would be in a worse place if a club with nearly 30 years of history was let to disappear due to a tough season

Edited by IM2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, langpark said:

✍️ 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗺 𝗚𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝘀
We are delighted to announce the signing of Hooker Calum Gahan.
Calum is expected to land in the UK next week having most recently played with the Norths Devils 🇦🇺 

Read more here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3urn94h

Just seen that posted on London Broncos social media. I looked him up, he played 9 matches for Norths in Qld Cup 2021. Hopefully this will be a good signing, but they will need to find a way to use both him and Parata effectively. 

See. These players still go to London. Something in it for them. They will be sorted off the pitch, Home and employment. They are not the only part time club. Just off the top of my head, They will finish higher than the 3 Cumbrian teams and Dewsbury. Just for starters. Don't know why everyone is saying they will go down. Fearing this, fearing that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

See. These players still go to London. Something in it for them. They will be sorted off the pitch, Home and employment. They are not the only part time club. Just off the top of my head, They will finish higher than the 3 Cumbrian teams and Dewsbury. Just for starters. Don't know why everyone is saying they will go down. Fearing this, fearing that.

I believe they will continue to make signings. I believe one thing they do have on their side, is the appeal of living in London for a few years. Which is something like a rite of passage for young Aussies. 

But, their team has basically hit the reset button (how many players from last season played last weekend? Genuine question, I assume not many, if any). The other teams have chemistry and continuity on their side. Same group who have been together for a few years.

I do believe they will survive relegation, but I can see them finishing somewhere 10-12th. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

London Bronco's Twitter, "Social media coverage will be very limited this afternoon therefore the best way to keep up with the game is to be at the Cherry Red Records Stadium."

Home game today and I'm having to check out the York City Knight's Twitter account to see what's happening!

Good grief?! Do any of the London players have personal and/or coprporate sponsors?! Why bother when there's clearly no online coverage, whatsoever, and this is a HOME game!

IMHO, just another indication of where the current team are going...and it doesn't look good!

I could go on about how the team were sadly never even remotely ready this season, with the coach bringing in 'outside' players, some of which are still arriving. What about any new academy players? Why were they not brought in months ago? Where are the London, or even south of England players?! The team was never going to be ready in time, and now we're trying, sadly way too late, to try to catch up!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1