London Broncos Squad 2022

2 hours ago, langpark said:

I noticed thst too. They were actually posting decent (and regular) content right up until then. 

Does anyone know what has happened? Has their social media guy had a fallout with the club, and does not want to surrender login details or something? It all seems too sudden to just be simple "mismanagement". 

I initially posted about this social media issue back on the 6th March, pointing out that, even for a home game, there was absolutely nothing, whatsoever, being posted about the game! It's clearly got worse over the past few weeks.

Even when previously in the Championship, prior to Super League, the Twitter account, just for one, was updated live during games, with players profiles & sponsors posted, when they scored! The, often amusing, player gif's, for the same, during Super League, were classics! I just wonder, as I posted earlier this month, what the club and player sponsor's think about this, IMHO, very sad situation, that the club appears to be in! 

It's definitely not good, and, sadly, like a lot of these things, I fear that it's a sign of worse to come...I hope not though!

For me, it was great to see Alex scoring last week, but, hopefully, that was not just a reminder of how good things were when he was last here, in Ealing!

• Like 3

On 23/03/2022 at 21:04, Henson Park Old Firm said:

What London needs is a new owner...

I'm probably bias as I am a Skolars fan, although my first love is RL. I would agrue that Skolars (set up, owners, community connection, ethos, long term home, own club house) have all the right ingredients except resources. Investment in Skolars could deliver major returns.

• Like 5

On 23/03/2022 at 15:45, ShropshireBull said:

Full time contract in a team pushing for playoffs or living in London... I´ll take the first. 

That's a really weird comparison. 

Why are you comparing the strength of the team and contract type with where you live?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Close to signing one of the Championships premier half's,I'm told.

Chisholm?

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Apparently it's either Chisholm or Jonathon Ford.

Both would make sense.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 25/03/2022 at 08:26, watcherofRL said:

Especially if you are not very good?

And what happened the week after Coates played in the 1st team? They chose to play a centre at half instead of him! Right choice to let him leave LB. Next question is - can we get someone to play next to Leyland who can look less like a rabbit in the headlights and bring the attacking force to both edges as that is the thing that is currently lacking! Siti may have qualities (not convinced) other than being an OZ but is not a FB or a half! Need to stabilise and support Leyland for balance on pitch. Walker has the pace and need to use his pace and lines of running

18 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Who will be running off this premier half back? They have no threatening edge runners.

Interesting - I’d say if it’s either of those then why are they available? Chisholm not making it in Fev team but would be an experienced steady half and bring a balance - not been convinced by siti in either position tried so far!

42 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because London is insanely expensive so a part time contract in the most expensive city in europe in a team going nowhere or a full time contract at an ambitious team in a city much better for quality of life is a no brainer. 

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because London is insanely expensive so a part time contract in the most expensive city in europe in a team going nowhere or a full time contract at an ambitious team in a city much better for quality of life is a no brainer. 

Then again a full time 'London' job with a decent part time contract at Broncos wouldn't be that unattractive 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, crashmon said:

3 bed house in Newcastle about 150K

3 bed house wimbledon 500K

Really a no brainer. And thats just the beginning of the gulf in cost of living

Yep, I was born and brought up in the North of England and currently live in London... I know the cost of living difference. 

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

3 bed house in Newcastle about 150K

3 bed house wimbledon 500K

Really a no brainer. And thats just the beginning of the gulf in cost of living

And you probably need a bit more than £500k for Wimbledon.  I have just had a look at Rightmove, there are 76 3 bedroom houses listed in Wimbledon and only 4 are below £500k while 23 are above £1m.

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Its Why sadly without internationals entincing in some multi millionaire to do it right and basically lose 2 million a year every year they arent in SL the ship has sailed on rl in London. 60k isnt even a deposit yet the cap is basically that per player.  

Noone who is sane or not a millionaire wants to live there.  People were forced to live there for a good job and anyone who can remote work is rightly fleeing that over priced hole. 

Its why not allowing Manchester Rangers in (500k pop,  in a heartland but in need of rejuvinate and new commercial partners, where the rfl now based themselves) is unforgivable. 

Well, I agree with all of that apart from the 'overpriced hole' bit.  The part where I live is nice (and the property market is pretty hot so nobody is really fleeing London).

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I think if you look at the trend people who can are leaving . The market is hot because its used as a place to internationally wash money and buy to let.  

Theres a reason companies and lobbyists were screaming for people to go bk to the office because so much money is wrapped up in leeching off people who had to rent there for work. It simply isnt a place fit for human habitation

Sentences like this just don't lend themselves to reasonable dialogue.  Yes, London is expensive and yes, there are parts I wouldn't want to live but equally there are some very nice parts.

I have friends here from all over the country and all over the world who live here because they want to live here, not because they have to.

To say it isn't fit for human habitation is simply proved false by all the available and easy to see evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I dont want to get this locked so we will leave it there. In terms of League,  it is now unaffordable for the cap.  

Yes, I agree with this.

If we are serious about attracting professional players to London, a one size fits all cap isn't going to work... there has to be a significant London allowance to compensate for the difference in pricing (housing in particular - both rental and buy).

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well noone is going to play professional sport to rent a house.  

If the cap now is 2 you probably need 3 million.  London is great for internationals and they should get more but a club I think is too late sadly. 

I would imagine plenty of professional sports people rent rather than buy. 

Renting can be seen as dead money but if you have a two year contract anywhere, why would you fork out for legal fees/stamp duty etc. just to move on to a new town/city in a years time.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 08/04/2022 at 12:52, watcherofRL said:

And what happened the week after Coates played in the 1st team? They chose to play a centre at half instead of him! Right choice to let him leave LB. Next question is - can we get someone to play next to Leyland who can look less like a rabbit in the headlights and bring the attacking force to both edges as that is the thing that is currently lacking! Siti may have qualities (not convinced) other than being an OZ but is not a FB or a half! Need to stabilise and support Leyland for balance on pitch. Walker has the pace and need to use his pace and lines of running

Has been the Fijian test half for a number of years pal.Dont think he is the problem in terms of the half's attacking options 

• Confused 1

On 08/04/2022 at 12:55, watcherofRL said:

You get lots of inside info - interesting if true

Not really pal,I read forums,watch games and then make my opinion .

Ford and Chisholm have been rumours for a while.

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I dont want to get this locked so we will leave it there. In terms of League,  it is now unaffordable for the cap.  

Please continue because you are just making a fool of yourself. The language is disgraceful stuff. London is expensive but so is every other big city.