London Broncos Squad 2022

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Has been the Fijian test half for a number of years pal.Dont think he is the problem in terms of the half's attacking options 

Not really - played mainly full back but nothing really for 4 years and in 2017 World Cup he did not get into the playing team! Best times for him were with Canberra playing for Mounties and although had some movement has rarely played regularly and definitely not ay half back but you appear to be the guru…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Not really pal,I read forums,watch games and then make my opinion .

Ford and Chisholm have been rumours for a while.

cheers Pal - do all that too but still hadn’t heard the rumours so you must be keeping ear close to ground and be good at predicting!

40 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

Please continue because you are just making a fool of yourself. The language is disgraceful stuff. London is expensive but so is every other big city.

Agree, mainly people who comment about London and the cost of living are speaking from a place of ignorance. Cities such as York, Durham etc are as expensive and beer cost as much too! Get what you pay for and although loads or places in London that are over priced there are still good areas with reasonable housing! Wimbledon is an exception but has been an expensive place to live for a lot longer than broncos tenure there and even in Ealing which was in comparison a far less attractive place to live it was pricey compared with outer London 

27 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Agree, mainly people who comment about London and the cost of living are speaking from a place of ignorance. Cities such as York, Durham etc are as expensive and beer cost as much too! Get what you pay for and although loads or places in London that are over priced there are still good areas with reasonable housing! Wimbledon is an exception but has been an expensive place to live for a lot longer than broncos tenure there and even in Ealing which was in comparison a far less attractive place to live it was pricey compared with outer London 

What I have always said about London is that it is as expensive as you want it to be.

But a big exception here which is housing... if you want a nice place then yes, it is expensive.

But after that... you can get around cheaply enough on the tube and buses... I have done 5,000 miles in my car in the last 4 years. 

If you go out to eat you can find a place that's £250 a head or £25 cause there is simply loads of choice.

Shopping is again no more expensive.  As for beer, even if it's a couple of quid more then that's a tenner more for 5 pints which isn't breaking the bank.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So after you sink 50 % of your income on a flat with no security (for those of us not born before the 1980's ) its fine...

Yeah, I don't really know what you want me to say... I am just trying to provide an honest assessment of the situation.

Thinking about it, I have come up with this conditional logic for you.

If you don't want to live in London and you can't afford to live in London, then great, you don't have to live in London.

If you don't want to live in London even though you can afford to live in London, then don't live in London.

If you can't afford to live in London even though you do want to live in London, then sorry, you can't live in London.

If you want to live in London and you can afford to live in London, then crack on.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

As a Londoner (Originally from Beckenham) over the last 25 years have lived in Holland Park then Chiswick and now we are in a little village in Kent and back and forth to Catalonia.

35 mins on the train to London in the gorgeous weald of Kent we love it only 35 mins from Gatwick 1 hour and a bit to Heathrow 90 mins to Dover its perfect.

London for me is now in and out for the odd meeting hospital visit or event as for living there again no way.

Paul

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

As a Londoner (Originally from Beckenham) over the last 25 years have lived in Holland Park then Chiswick and now we are in a little village in Kent and back and forth to Catalonia.

35 mins on the train to London in the gorgeous weald of Kent we love it only 35 mins from Gatwick 1 hour and a bit to Heathrow 90 mins to Dover its perfect.

London for me is now in and out for the odd meeting hospital visit or event as for living there again no way.

Paul

Perfectly fair.

And my family and I are still at the point where we enjoy London - not least as my Italian wife loves the cosmopolitan nature of the city (as do I).  This may change over the next several years/decades.

Everyone has their own preferences and I respect them all.  What I really can't be doing with is when someone doesn't just say 'London is not for me' but rather it 'isnt a place fit for human habitation' as mentioned earlier on in the thread.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Perfectly fair.

And my family and I are still at the point where we enjoy London - not least as my Italian wife loves the cosmopolitan nature of the city (as do I).  This may change over the next several years/decades.

Everyone has their own preferences and I respect them all.  What I really can't be doing with is when someone doesn't just say 'London is not for me' but rather it 'isnt a place fit for human habitation' as mentioned earlier on in the thread.  

I still go to some of my favourite restaurants now and again and as for museums etc nothing beats it, funny thing is it takes me roughly the same time to get back to the station in Kent from the west end  as it did on the tube to Chiswick:)

Paul

• Like 1

On 09/04/2022 at 16:43, watcherofRL said:

Not really - played mainly full back but nothing really for 4 years and in 2017 World Cup he did not get into the playing team! Best times for him were with Canberra playing for Mounties and although had some movement has rarely played regularly and definitely not ay half back but you appear to be the guru…

Would have preferred his brother 🤔

On 31/12/2021 at 10:16, Twickbronc said:

“Fijian international Sitiveni Moceidreke recently signed.

Played five-eighth at international level for Fiji multiple times and made his NRL debut on the wing for the Rabbitohs a few seasons ago.

Has been playing in the NSW Cup competition with the Dragons in 2021.

Good signing.”

Source?

On 31/12/2021 at 13:05, Twickbronc said:

Where did you hear this?

Looking at the form I went back and reviewed his career. One match for Fiji as half back and one more game as full back and t this was 2016 and then 2017. Nothing since even though did make squad for World Cup 2017 but didn’t play. He played for different side every year from 2016 to date and his most regular position was centre or wing as not reliable as half. Think Coleman swept away by the Oz factor and needs to do more research! Too many journeymen in one squad! Need coach who is able to bring by the best out of the players as actually have half decent players who have played representative rugby in our own country 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

IMHO for what its worth i think that Danny Ward should be brought back in as an employee of the RFL with a combination of Broncos and development work.

Paul

Yep spot on pal!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

IMHO for what its worth i think that Danny Ward should be brought back in as an employee of the RFL with a combination of Broncos and development work.

I think that the RFL knows that they need to do something like this re. junior development across London - and I'm sure they will. However, that couldn't include any direct involvement with the Broncos without Hughes's say so.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jughead said:

I won’t question the dedication of Hughes at London but surely, they need to act soon and make a change otherwise London Rugby League is at its death knell. 

Moving grounds yet again was a bigger mistake in the long term than the coach appointment in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

Moving grounds yet again was a bigger mistake in the long term than the coach appointment in my opinion.

I reckon going part-time and decimating the London Rugby League in its entirety was probably a bigger mistake than playing out of yet another stadium. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, westlondonfan said:

Most definitely but in true RL/London broncos fashion they did it backwards. The broncos should have stayed in Ealing when going part-time and should have only moved to Wimbledon as a fulltime operating club.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, westlondonfan said:

Speaking of which, has anyone seen @Man of Kent recently?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 17/04/2022 at 08:14, Archie Gordon said:

I think that the RFL knows that they need to do something like this re. junior development across London - and I'm sure they will. However, that couldn't include any direct involvement with the Broncos without Hughes's say so.

Well Rob Powell is back with RFL and working to develop youth so alongside LB in reality. Might help but not for this playing season 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Jonno Fords signing with Fev,expect to see Chisholms loan until seasons end.

He didn’t seem to make the difference everyone was hoping for - maybe thought it was 2 weeks so didn’t take the game seriously - not convinced but hope for better going forward