London Broncos Squad 2022

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

He didn’t seem to make the difference everyone was hoping for - maybe thought it was 2 weeks so didn’t take the game seriously - not convinced but hope for better going forward 

Hard to say,having not seen the Sheffield game.

Going off the score cards,it looks like the same story as all season.In the game for 60-70minutes then opposition score a series of tries to wrap it up.

Chisholm can only add to the team,he's a class half with a ton of experience,especially at Champ level.

No other real options in the half's anyhow,Horseman I believe is out for the season with an injury ,Leyland can't seem to be consistent enough to hold down a spot.

If can't beat Dewsbury in fortnight,that'll do for 2022.Be a miracle to get enough points to stay up.

RFL needs to sit down and develop a long term strategy for London. The sport needs it because I don't how much more you can get out of the Northern heartlands. I think the Broncos are done if they get relegated. The brand is already tarnished. People will have to be patient though. You are looking at a decade or two before results will be seen. There is an opening for rugby league. Union can't shake its elitist background. Football has reached its apex and I think FIFA/UEFA and the big clubs themselves know this.

On 18/04/2022 at 11:33, Cowboy said:

Hard to say,having not seen the Sheffield game.

Going off the score cards,it looks like the same story as all season.In the game for 60-70minutes then opposition score a series of tries to wrap it up.

Chisholm can only add to the team,he's a class half with a ton of experience,especially at Champ level.

No other real options in the half's anyhow,Horseman I believe is out for the season with an injury ,Leyland can't seem to be consistent enough to hold down a spot.

If can't beat Dewsbury in fortnight,that'll do for 2022.Be a miracle to get enough points to stay up.

That isn’t the story of the season from watching every game - go behind at the start and then come into their own late in but leave it too late to take the lead! Only the Sheffield game was different and more the way you describe it! Not consistency that stopped Leyland being selected- he had covid for Bradford and then Chisholm got loaned in so Coleman went with the siti combo but imo the better combo would have been Chisholm and leyland as both pacing and attack the line. Hoping to see that against Leigh!

On 17/04/2022 at 23:55, Cowboy said:

Jonno Fords signing with Fev,expect to see Chisholms loan until seasons end.

That would be better as could establish some consistency. But we also need wellington Albert to play for longer than 10 minutes or it is a waste of a interchange - at Sheffield the middles played too long and if the bench had been managed better the players would get the recovery needed but with a player on the bench who should have had a run out at reserves to see if he was ready is shocking as took a place from someone else and meant players in the middle had to work for longer!

The latest comments from Coleman are not exactly positive, more like, sadly, building an 'excuse' base for another loss!

“Leigh are a top team with lots of experience and quality in the squad,” said Coleman. “They’ve got a great coaching team with Adrian Lamb and Chris Chester involved.

“They play some expansive Rugby League and have some tough forwards who boast real quality – they’re a challenge all over the park from one to 17 across all aspects of the game.

“It’s a huge challenge for us, and a good one off the back of last week’s performance. We can never afford to lower our standards and we’ll have to rise up to the mark for this one.

“Leigh is a team capable of making a game very uncomfortable for any side. We’re very aware of that and it’s for us to take on the challenge.”

I hope, as many Broncos supporters do, of course, that we can get a win. If not, sadly, more for the club than anything else, IMHO Coleman needs to go! 

If there is to be any chance, whatsoever, for London to progress further, and hopefully not be relegated, the management need to act now!

Sure, it's going to take time, but let's not delay what, IMHO, is inevitable. Just brush some of those cobwebs off the coach employment pay wallet, IF you REALLY want any chance of any short/medium term success in the south. 

I'm sad it's come to this, but, let's be honest, the writing has been on the wall for some time!

That all said, good luck tomorrow lads!

Oh dear! Not much more to say really, except what's been said already, but, added to which, what an embarrassment!

As I said, and clearly viewed the same by others before, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

Clearly though, NOW is surely the time to act, before it's too late!

3 hours ago, acersaccharum said:

Oh dear! Not much more to say really, except what's been said already, but, added to which, what an embarrassment!

As I said, and clearly viewed the same by others before, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

Clearly though, NOW is surely the time to act, before it's too late!

Needs a motivational coach who can bring out the best and run sessions that develop the skills and build belief. So much pressure  mounted now to win a game it is almost overwhelming. Need a couple of heavy weight middles as out muscled by a physical strong and skilful Leigh today. That said, the broncos do have to skills but seem to lack the trust in each other and confidence to show these

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Needs a motivational coach who can bring out the best and run sessions that develop the skills and build belief. So much pressure  mounted now to win a game it is almost overwhelming. Need a couple of heavy weight middles as out muscled by a physical strong and skilful Leigh today. That said, the broncos do have to skills but seem to lack the trust in each other and confidence to show these

Some truly perfect specimens of human athleticism in Broncos shirts today , but lacking ' meat ' IMO , it wasn't good to watch 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Some truly perfect specimens of human athleticism in Broncos shirts today , but lacking ' meat ' IMO , it wasn't good to watch 

I agree - sad to see them getting turned over like that and the worst of is it that with a bigger pack broncos could compete. But when it takes 3/4 men to halt the tackle each time And when you only have 15 fit by the end of first half you know it’s gonna be bad! Not sure how to pick themselves up and go again as they have a winnable game in next two but need to have self belief and a couple of players off the bench with muscle

Edited by watcherofRL
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

I agree - sad to see them getting turned over like that and the worst of is it that with a bigger pack broncos could compete. But when it takes 3/4 men to halt the tackle each time And when you only have 15 fit by the end of first half you know it’s gonna be bad! Not sure how to pick themselves up and go again as they have a winnable game in next two but need to have self belief and a couple of players off the bench with muscle

Size of the pack didn't matter at all.London were the same if not bigger then Leigh's pack in terms on size.But the way the Leigh pack played,especially combining with eachother (which is non existent in Broncos attack) was the telling point,they were able to roll through,play angles at speed with offloads and quick play the balls.The Leigh pack had better ball playing skills with eachother then the Broncos halfs in general. Similar to the second half of the Shef game last week and again London had the bigger pack there .It's the style of play,that we simply don't have.Whether that's how they've been coached that way to play, the half's not combining right or the players just plain don't have it in them .It's either or all of them.

• Like 1

In what professional sport does a team go 0-8 following a 64-0 game and the coach not get sacked ? 

As a long time supporter of this once great club, a loss against Dewsbury this coming week,guarantees relegation. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cowboy said:

In what professional sport does a team go 0-8 following a 64-0 game and the coach not get sacked ? 

As a long time supporter of this once great club, a loss against Dewsbury this coming week,guarantees relegation. 

Depends if Hughes has given up already. If he's already decided to throw the towel in at the end of the season then no point going through the effort and expense of finding a new coach midseason.

Feels like a zombie club at the moment. 

• Like 2

I don't see them replacing the coach, I don't think there really is much point. Even if by some miracle they beat Dewsbury and Newcastle, damage is terminal now, they are never going to get close to 1.5K fans anymore, let alone the 5K hughes wanted.

I very much doubt that the south stand will open again this year, so wimbledon will just turn into another Barnet (like most of us expected tbh), so we will play out the season, maybe win 1 or 2 games max, mostly infront of about 700 fans, then fold.

London RL is at it's lowest ebb since the mid 80s. My only hope is that someone on the back of the World Cup or the Tottenham CC game decides it is worth investing in a London club. My bet is that Hughes will throw the towel in and the remnants will merge with the Skolars to form a London Utd side. I doubt either London side will manage three wins this season. 

1 hour ago, Quinskolar said:

London RL is at it's lowest ebb since the mid 80s. My only hope is that someone on the back of the World Cup or the Tottenham CC game decides it is worth investing in a London club. My bet is that Hughes will throw the towel in and the remnants will merge with the Skolars to form a London Utd side. I doubt either London side will manage three wins this season. 

If that happenned, that wouldn't be a terrible outcome. 

The issue is how long it takes to get from here to there, and how much irreparable damage gets done in the meantime. 

That will pretty much be determined by what Mr Hughes does and how long he perseveres with this unsustainable Broncos strategy. 

• Like 1

Eight games into another new era would be a strange, yet not completely unbelievable time for David Hughes to call it a day. 

It was always going to be a tough season with the move to part-time in an ultra competitive division like the Championship but it’s looking really troublesome for Broncos and the wider game in London, with Skolars decimated by Broncos and the relationship they used to have in terms of dual-registration with them doesn’t seem to be in place anymore. 

It seems a long road back for both and if we’re honest, very unlikely for both. It all goes back to structures and strategies for the sport, too, which has been mismanaged as badly as the Broncos have been by Hughes. 

Edited by Jughead

45 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Eight games into another new era would be a strange, yet not completely unbelievable time for David Hughes to call it a day. 

It was always going to be a tough season with the move to part-time in an ultra competitive division like the Championship but it’s looking really troublesome for Broncos and the wider game in London, with Skolars decimated by Broncos and the relationship they used to have in terms of dual-registration with them doesn’t seem to be in place anymore. 

It seems a long road back for both and if we’re honest, very unlikely for both. It all goes back to structures and strategies for the sport, too, which has been mismanaged as badly as the Broncos have been by Hughes. 

The dual registration is still there,a number of Broncos have appeared for Skolars already this season.No Skolars have appeared for Broncos however.

8 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

The dual registration is still there,a number of Broncos have appeared for Skolars already this season.No Skolars have appeared for Broncos however.

I don’t recognise any names in the Skolars side from the Broncos and looking at their social media, if they are having DR players, they’re not making them clear on their team announcements. 

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

I don’t recognise any names in the Skolars side from the Broncos and looking at their social media, if they are having DR players, they’re not making them clear on their team announcements. 

A quick look at this past weekends fixture.

Vharnos,Ramsey,Greenhalgh and Allan all started for Skolars.

All have featured for the Broncos reserve team and all with the exception of Allan have featured in the Broncos first team this year in the Championship. 

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

A quick look at this past weekends fixture.

Vharnos,Ramsey,Greenhalgh and Allan all started for Skolars.

All have featured for the Broncos reserve team and all with the exception of Allan have featured in the Broncos first team this year in the Championship. 

Vharnos & Greenhalgh were both Skolars players last season who Broncos took. Ramsey and Allan are both very young ex Broncos academy players who are in the current Broncos reserve team.

Skolars squad players (who have not been needed for the Skolars league 1 fixture) have been asked & been used by Broncos to enable them to field enough players to fulfil  reserve team fixtures.

Broncos current reserve team is usually made up of players they took from Skolars, their current academy players & Skolars current squad players. (In contrast to when Broncos were full time and their reserve team was made up with a majority of academy graduates who then moved onto reserve contracts. )

Edited by Templegreen

8 hours ago, Templegreen said:

Vharnos & Greenhalgh were both Skolars players last season who Broncos took. Ramsey and Allan are both very young ex Broncos academy players who are in the current Broncos reserve team.

Skolars squad players (who have not been needed for the Skolars league 1 fixture) have been asked & been used by Broncos to enable them to field enough players to fulfil  reserve team fixtures.

Broncos current reserve team is usually made up of players they took from Skolars, their current academy players & Skolars current squad players. (In contrast to when Broncos were full time and their reserve team was made up with a majority of academy graduates who then moved onto reserve contracts. )

Ramsey is the kid they've signed from West Wales actually.Will Ramsey

All are signed to Broncos 2022,regardless of where they first came from.All have featured for the Broncos before playing for Skolars this season.

17 hours ago, Templegreen said:

Ramsey came from league 1 west wales- not broncos academy! Do think that the lack of reserves recruitment is worrying and have to play academy boys up who may or may not be ready should be looked at from safeguarding point of view! 

On 25/04/2022 at 13:57, Archie Gordon said:

The fixation with the coach is all a bit odd. It's the top of the organisation that is rotten. We have now reached the point that Hughes keeping the patient on life support is actively harming the game down here. All for some shiny seats.

But coach does need to do the job - last 2 weeks there has been 2 9’s, 2 2nd rows and  1 prop in the middle, half who is does not seem happy to be in London and has only been down for Saturday run through so how can there be any link up and as for size, similar match up to Sheffield, agree but nowhere close to Leigh. Do agree though that skill set and link up between Leigh players was class but I believe there is that potential in the broncos 😊